Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy for everyone in the EU who's finally able to get their Gunfighter ordered and delivered! :thumbup:

• Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Indeed, however MCG Pro is making me to wait more...

Glass half full man, think positive....some of us are waiting more just to get a Gunfighter base :smilewink:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone else find the #50 springs very difficult to install/uninstall? Do I need thinner needle-nose pliers? Anyone have a good method?

The method we describe in the guide might help (and yes, they're hard to install):

1.Unscrew the M4 nut (from the ball bearing).

2. Push the cam up carefully and pull the ball bearing.

Note: Removing the bearing first relieves some pressure on the springs which makes it easier to

remove/install stiffer springs.

3. Pay attention to the position of the washers near the ball bearing.

4. Replace the spring using needle-nose pliers. If necessary, two springs can be installed

on each axis’ cam.

Attention! Carefully install the springs. Careless installation may scratch the working

surface of the cam.

5. Push the cam up and carefully reinstall the ball bearing.

6. Install and tighten the M4 nut

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Is there a good way to get on the wait list? I sent an email to you last week and have not heard back. I understand your busy, just want to make sure I am going about this the correct way.

I usually reply to all emails in a timely manner - please check your spam folder and whitelist northamerica@vkb-sim.pro. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Does anyone else find the #50 springs very difficult to install/uninstall? Do I need thinner needle-nose pliers? Anyone have a good method?

Maybe this trick help: Get a strong zip tie, make a loose ring over the spring hook with space for you finger, pull until fit the spring in the place, then cut the zip tie.

Ordered mine too, idk after how much waiting really, so happy now.

Since I will be using warthog handle with extension, is there a way to make it work like heli sticks? You know, move it to point a and it stays there and does not return to center.

Ordered mine too, idk after how much waiting really, so happy now.

Since I will be using warthog handle with extension, is there a way to make it work like heli sticks? You know, move it to point a and it stays there and does not return to center.

If you ordered the Gunfighter it comes with the dry clutch ability which gives you control over the movement of the stick , in another word you can dial in some friction to the metal gimbal and it will give you that effect you are asking for

• Like 1

VKB HQ has released a new version of the VKBdevCfg configuration software. You can find it here: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKBDevCfg-C_v0_80_8_9.zip

Note: This release addresses a bug that prevented the Gunfighter's BlackBox green "Stick" LED to work unless the user was in "developer mode".

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Maybe this trick help: Get a strong zip tie, make a loose ring over the spring hook with space for you finger, pull until fit the spring in the place, then cut the zip tie.

Now we're talking! That's a great idea, I'll get some small zip-ties. Can't rep, as usual. :D

Finally able to do a solid hour and half of formation flying with this stick yesterday, and I'm very satisfied. This thing rocks! A double cam system might make more linear tension but there's no question that this is the best consumer stick I've used. I'm using #50+#10 in pitch, and #20+#20 in roll, with mild damping. The stick is center-mounted on a modified MonsterTech mount.

I just got my new stick =))))) Wow! The movement is so smooth and precise =) I love it! The leather dust cover is a nice touch, too ;) I'll be buying VKB from npw on for my peripherals! Waiting patiently for the MCG Pro and throttle =) I will probably go for Baur for the pedals, though, for the more conventional arrangement.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I just got my new stick =))))) Wow! The movement is so smooth and precise =) I love it! The leather dust cover is a nice touch, too ;) I'll be buying VKB from npw on for my peripherals! Waiting patiently for the MCG Pro and throttle =) I will probably go for Baur for the pedals, though, for the more conventional arrangement.

Why no pictures

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

:thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

When do we need to recalibrate the stick?

I.e., after changing grip, springs, or dry clutch seem to be obvious candidates.

What about when when just disconnected/reconnecting?

Is a periodic calibration required?

Is the calibration stored with the stick or in the OS somehow/somewhere? If the former, does the flash EPROM on the stick have a limit to the number of calibrations?

When do we need to recalibrate the stick?

I.e., after changing grip, springs, or dry clutch seem to be obvious candidates.

What about when when just disconnected/reconnecting?

Is a periodic calibration required?

Is the calibration stored with the stick or in the OS somehow/somewhere? If the former, does the flash EPROM on the stick have a limit to the number of calibrations?

I am not sure about a periodic calibration, but I do it usually after I disconnect the stick while playing other games. Also, when loading a new profile stored values get reset, so I would recommend calibrating then as well. The same is true for when new firmware gets released (looking ahead to the required firmware update for when the MCG grips become available).

The data is stored in the Gunfighter's BlackBox (active USB controller) - not in the OS or the device software (hence you can just close the VKBdevCfg when done, nothing has to run in the background).

I will ask VKB HQ if periodic calibration is beneficial.

Just keep in mind to move the axes to all extents when calibrating to allow the MaRS sensors to identify the whole range of movement.

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com