Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Hi speedbird5 - I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with EMS. We do advertise EMS as our primary courier before your order is placed.

As noted previously by others - EMS is simply a delivery network that connects each countries government courier services (as local operators), as such it is incredibly useful for worldwide shipping. As explained, the parcel is scanned in when it leaves the departure point (for us, Minsk) and the next update will be when it is scanned in at your countries import office and handed to your local EMS operator. The parcel is not unloaded at any stage just to scan in at any checkpoints - this is how the couriers operate and is unfortunately out of our control.

As with any delivery service, delays and mistakes can happen - but in these instances we're always here to help (as hughlb mentioned)! But for the vast majority of our customers, EMS (or rather, your country's EMS operator) deliver without any issues.

We're always looking to expand our fulfilment network - our official EU webstore is right around the corner using DPD, and we'll continue to work on better serving other areas including the US and Australia. :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

► VIRPIL Controls Q2 2018 - Project Update

In our previous announcement, we revealed our new official VIRPIL Controls production factory - over the previous 2 weeks, we have completed the design for the internal factory layout and have started to purchase the equipment necessary for production including; CNC machines, workstations, shelving systems for warehouse storage, plastic injection molding machines and other tools and accessories.

We have also started the hiring and training of qualified experts to operate the VIRPIL Controls factory. The team is now about 80% completed.

The most important upcoming date in Q2 2018 is 30th April - the opening of the assembly and electronics installation facilities.

Despite devoting a large portion of our effort and time opening the factory, we have not forgotten about the release of our upcoming products:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle
  • VPC Constellation Delta Grip
  • VPC WarBRD Grip and Base

The assembly of these devices will be implemented in our new factory.

The next date of interest is the 20th May - the long awaited release of these new VPC devices!

Finally - as previously announced, we have been working on opening our official VIRPIL Controls EU webstore.

All orders placed with our EU webstore will be dispatched from Lithuania, with VAT and customs already included. DPD will handle the shipment of all orders, and we expect the overall service will be cheaper and faster for our EU customers.

Payment will also be possible via PayPal and all standard online payment cards via a secure Payment gateway.

We also expect to open up our distribution network to include Amazon US in the Summer of 2018 to better serve US VIRPILs!

The VIRPIL Controls EU webstore is scheduled to open on 16th April and will also coincide with the opening of pre-orders for the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VPC Constellation Delta Grip and VPC WarBRD Grip and Base.

All pre-orders will receive a discount of 10%, with existing VPC MongoosT-50 owners receiving an upgraded discount of 15%. Of course, all members of the VPC Founder’s Club will retain their 5% lifetime discount - please contact us with your existing VPCFC account details to transfer them to the new VIRPIL Controls EU webstore.

We have more exciting news to follow in Q2 2018 - stay tuned for future announcements!

Thanks,

VIRPIL Controls Team

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

► VIRPIL Controls Q2 2018 - Project Update

In our previous announcement, we revealed our new official VIRPIL Controls production factory - over the previous 2 weeks, we have completed the design for the internal factory layout and have started to purchase the equipment necessary for production including; CNC machines, workstations, shelving systems for warehouse storage, plastic injection molding machines and other tools and accessories.

We have also started the hiring and training of qualified experts to operate the VIRPIL Controls factory. The team is now about 80% completed.

The most important upcoming date in Q2 2018 is 30th April - the opening of the assembly and electronics installation facilities.

Despite devoting a large portion of our effort and time opening the factory, we have not forgotten about the release of our upcoming products:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle
  • VPC Constellation Delta Grip
  • VPC WarBRD Grip and Base

The assembly of these devices will be implemented in our new factory.

The next date of interest is the 20th May - the long awaited release of these new VPC devices!

Finally - as previously announced, we have been working on opening our official VIRPIL Controls EU webstore.

All orders placed with our EU webstore will be dispatched from Lithuania, with VAT and customs already included. DPD will handle the shipment of all orders, and we expect the overall service will be cheaper and faster for our EU customers.

Payment will also be possible via PayPal and all standard online payment cards via a secure Payment gateway.

We also expect to open up our distribution network to include Amazon US in the Summer of 2018 to better serve US VIRPILs!

The VIRPIL Controls EU webstore is scheduled to open on 16th April and will also coincide with the opening of pre-orders for the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VPC Constellation Delta Grip and VPC WarBRD Grip and Base.

All pre-orders will receive a discount of 10%, with existing VPC MongoosT-50 owners receiving an upgraded discount of 15%. Of course, all members of the VPC Founder’s Club will retain their 5% lifetime discount - please contact us with your existing VPCFC account details to transfer them to the new VIRPIL Controls EU webstore.

We have more exciting news to follow in Q2 2018 - stay tuned for future announcements!

Thanks,

VIRPIL Controls Team

Awesome news, thanks for the update!

Question regarding the April 16th pre orders..will US customers also be able to preorder? I want to make sure I can get a warBRD and t50 grip. Or is this only available for EU customers?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Awesome news, thanks for the update!

Question regarding the April 16th pre orders..will US customers also be able to preorder? I want to make sure I can get a warBRD and t50 grip. Or is this only available for EU customers?

The pre-order will be open on both our existing VIRPIL.by and new VIRPIL EU webstores :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have some questions regarding this part of the announcement.

Is the 15% upgraded discount valid, if I own only the T-50 base, or is there a need to have also one of the sticks?

When I ordered the T-50 base, dust cover and desk mount I didn`t receive a 5% discount for members of the VPC Founder`s Club, although my profile on the Virpil forums shows, that I am a member. How can I be sure the next time I order from Virpil that my membership will be recognized?

And how do I contact Virpil for the transfer of the VPCFC to the EU webstore, if I don`t have any member number? Just my profile shows the membership.

Thanks!;)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

There seems to be lots of axis sensors failures , least in Virpil support Pages.

Just improve quality control before open new shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just recieved my full extension set, table mount and TM warthog base and I must say, I'm very impressed. Mostly anyways.

Packaging was also excellent, well wrapped in bubblewrap.

Extensions - each are nicely powder coated and the threads are nice and smooth, no jaggies, the cables seem good quality too.

Very quick delivery - 6 days including a weekend from Minsk to the UK - and no import charges! Happy days.

Table mount - Solid, nice powder coating again - although there is a small ding on the front of the left stanchion with some powder coating missing - I guess I'll have to paint over it.

TM warthog base - fits perfectly.

Maybe Virpil could think about welding the nuts onto the insides of the respective pieces so you don't have to arse about with a spanner.

Simple and easy to set up. I did have to modify my desk to make it fit and be the same height as my last 'effort'

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Well my flip down trigger just broke. I had just saw where some else's did as well. Now mine has done the same

Not good, I was always quite gentle with this thing.

Perhaps they did not do any longevity testing with these.

Not very happy...

Edit: Have emailed support, will see what they have to say.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Great news, I was hoping you would hold off production until you could build and assemble the components yourselves, I think it's worth the wait. Good luck with the new factory guys!

Z...

Thank you!

There seems to be lots of axis sensors failures , least in Virpil support Pages.

Just improve quality control before open new shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These reports only count for a very small number of VPC users - we have of course issued brand new sensors to all these customers!

Just recieved my full extension set, table mount and TM warthog base and I must say, I'm very impressed. Mostly anyways.

Packaging was also excellent, well wrapped in bubblewrap.

Extensions - each are nicely powder coated and the threads are nice and smooth, no jaggies, the cables seem good quality too.

Very quick delivery - 6 days including a weekend from Minsk to the UK - and no import charges! Happy days.

Table mount - Solid, nice powder coating again - although there is a small ding on the front of the left stanchion with some powder coating missing - I guess I'll have to paint over it.

TM warthog base - fits perfectly.

Maybe Virpil could think about welding the nuts onto the insides of the respective pieces so you don't have to arse about with a spanner.

Simple and easy to set up. I did have to modify my desk to make it fit and be the same height as my last 'effort'

Glad to hear you've received your VPC order safe and sound! Happy flying :joystick:

Well my flip down trigger just broke. I had just saw where some else's did as well. Now mine has done the same

Not good, I was always quite gentle with this thing.

Perhaps they did not do any longevity testing with these.

Not very happy...

Very sorry to hear that dburne - of course, please contact support@virpil.com and we'll sort it out. Don't worry! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very sorry to hear that dburne - of course, please contact support@virpil.com and we'll sort it out. Don't worry! :thumbup:

Yes I sent an email to support about the same time as your post yesterday...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@Cyph3r,

any ideas about my questions?

Thanks!

I have some questions regarding this part of the announcement.

Is the 15% upgraded discount valid, if I own only the T-50 base, or is there a need to have also one of the sticks?

When I ordered the T-50 base, dust cover and desk mount I didn`t receive a 5% discount for members of the VPC Founder`s Club, although my profile on the Virpil forums shows, that I am a member. How can I be sure the next time I order from Virpil that my membership will be recognized?

And how do I contact Virpil for the transfer of the VPCFC to the EU webstore, if I don`t have any member number? Just my profile shows the membership.

Thanks!;)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Yes I sent an email to support about the same time as your post yesterday...

I replied yesterday - did you not receive it? :(

@Cyph3r,

any ideas about my questions?

Thanks!

The upgraded 15% pre-order discount is if you own any VPC MT-50 products, that is, the base, grip or whole flightstick. :thumbup:

Regarding your user account, we're still working on the easiest way, but if you're a VPC-FC member, it'll be sorted - don't worry!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I replied yesterday - did you not receive it? :(

No I have not seen received a reply.

Don B

Received my T-50 base and stick last week, a bit over a month after ordering. Delivery itself only took a few days from despatch to arriving at my home in the UK.

Not managed to fly with it yet as I'm still working on my mounting solution but all the buttons are nice and crisp and the axes are all perfectly smooth, so I'm as happy as I can be so far. :)

Edit: Didn't have to pay any customs charges or anything like that. Price I paid at checkout was the last payment I had to make.

The upgraded 15% pre-order discount is if you own any VPC MT-50 products, that is, the base, grip or whole flightstick. :thumbup:

Regarding your user account, we're still working on the easiest way, but if you're a VPC-FC member, it'll be sorted - don't worry!

Thanks, Cyph3r!:thumbup: Your answers and efforts to sort out all issues is much appreciated.

Just to report back, Virpil is sending me another flip up trigger to replace the one that broke on me. As has been my experience in the past, their support is excellent.

I am typically pretty gentle with these buttons/levers, will take extra caution going forward as well.

I look forward to getting it, have got so used to having and using it now that I really miss it.

Don B

Hi,

As a fresh owner of this joystick I am faced with the problem of tuning the base and I'm not sure I understand, maybe someone can explain. So stronger springs will mean that the stick will be harder to push. But those 2 screws you can turn from the outside also seem to do the same thing. Is it the same thing or not? Replacing the spring with a stronger one is the same as tightening the screws ?

Hi,

As a fresh owner of this joystick I am faced with the problem of tuning the base and I'm not sure I understand, maybe someone can explain. So stronger springs will mean that the stick will be harder to push. But those 2 screws you can turn from the outside also seem to do the same thing. Is it the same thing or not? Replacing the spring with a stronger one is the same as tightening the screws ?

It is not the same thing. I shall try to explain. Changing the spring will change what's called the spring rate. Adjusting the screw will change the preloaded. The graph below shows this.

Top line is a weak spring with some preload, the bottom line is a strong spring with no preload.

Hope that helps.

Edit :// image not showing. Try this link. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=preload+vs+spring+rate&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT29q_u7TaAhWkDMAKHTShClgQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=RrWlgHUtygRdHM:

CV7KjC

Edited by Flamin_Squirrel

It is not the same thing. I shall try to explain. Changing the spring will change what's called the spring rate. Adjusting the screw will change the preloaded. The graph below shows this.

Top line is a weak spring with some preload, the bottom line is a strong spring with no preload.

Hope that helps.

Edit :// image not showing. Try this link. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=preload+vs+spring+rate&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT29q_u7TaAhWkDMAKHTShClgQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=RrWlgHUtygRdHM:

CV7KjC

Edit - there wasn’t a graph when I looked.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPTKHz4W6VKoG-Il29YSSWC2Okd220Vu-aNId0hkSgwmEcFCD0kdrkp_Cq

Z...

Hi,

Think of it more like the springs are a larger ( more course) adjustment whereas the two top screws allow for more fine tuning, namely of the feel around center.

Don B

Thank you!

Not correct I'm afraid. See graph above.

Well from my using them that is sure how it feels to me.

Don B

Thank you!

Not correct I'm afraid. See graph above.

I understand the same thing as @dburne from the graph, it's just like bicycle forks. Towards the end you need the same force either way, but in the beginning the spring could be completely decompressed (no preload) or compressed to some extent, which means it affects the feeling around the center.

Edited by cepanamea