MiG-21 updates

theGozr

Hmm yeah no viggen for me i m happy with the miggie but i am worried if i don't update to 1.5.6 i won't be able to connect to the AO server as i don't fly offline.

Hopefully i just need to update 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 , i have a backup already. Let's see will probably update in a bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Isn' t 28deg the max AoA? That sounds reasonable for a short takeoff. You just go for max lift.

These delta wings make a lot of lift at high AoA,...

I will do some test now....

I read storries of migs with about 70knots beeing flown and still are able to manoever, at very high AoA. ( while having a F14 flying even slower in the back)

Edited by HugePanic

I will have to check again will do that tomorrow. I usually keep pitch below 20 not to get into a stall on those short takeoffs. Don't think i was reading the AOA meter not always easy to during these kinda runs :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I just did some tests:

The Mig is now definitely NOT locking in AoA. I just don´t know if this was fixed earlier.

She is more agile around pitch axis, I was pulling easy 10g´s on one maneuver, I don´t think that happen often before.

At high AoA and full flaps she is tumbling in and out of a stall. With lot´s of rudder (aileron is about useless) you can controll the roll, but she´s still tumbling. takeoff seems to have more pitch authority, at landing she feels needs alittle bit more pitch (on the stick).

In the past I could crawl around a airport with full flaps, airbrakes and gear-out easily at a high pitch angle. This is now a little bit more complicated, due to the tumbling..

I would say it is better now, since more pitch authority. If this is realistic? I hope.

From the point of a model airplane, I would say they have now moved the CoG slightly aft. :joystick:

@hugepanic

Yes as i mentioned above the pitch feels way too light no inertia and yes COG seems to be shifted.

In fact i can't get her out of a stall, can't fly her low speed with full flaps as she more difficult, she has her nose bouncing on approach but not too much

I hope this is a realistic behavior because it took me almost more than a year to handle the mig and i don't want to spend one more to handle her new characteristic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

@hugepanic

Yes as i mentioned above the pitch feels way too light no inertia and yes COG seems to be shifted.

In fact i can't get her out of a stall, can't fly her low speed with full flaps as she more difficult, she has her nose bouncing on approach but not too much

I hope this is a realistic behavior because it took me almost more than a year to handle the mig and i don't want to spend one more to handle her new characteristic.

This is my worry. I remember Last year I had a great handle on the FM and loved it and then there was a major change to it and all of a sudden I could not land it right anymore, it was awful. I left the module and came back to it at the end of last year and have re-learned all of it and love it again. Im very disturbed to hear they have been messing around with the FM again, I am not sure whether its preferable just to leave it in whatever state its in and call it a day with the FM or to continually do this screwing around with it.

New roll inertia is better, but I still can't fly the Mig-21 in DCS.

50% of the time the IR missiles can't lock-on to anything.

25% of the time flares/chaff will not dispense.

50% of the time the radar will not warm up and power on in NTTR.

But yeah, she rolls nice now.:beer:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

New roll inertia is better, but I still can't fly the Mig-21 in DCS.

50% of the time the IR missiles can't lock-on to anything.

25% of the time flares/chaff will not dispense.

50% of the time the radar will not warm up and power on in NTTR.

But yeah, she rolls nice now.:beer:

Here I thought I was a half wit. Struggling with a bit of things. But I'll keep the faith, and it'll get sorted out. :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2 , K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

This is my worry. I remember Last year I had a great handle on the FM and loved it and then there was a major change to it and all of a sudden I could not land it right anymore, it was awful. I left the module and came back to it at the end of last year and have re-learned all of it and love it again. Im very disturbed to hear they have been messing around with the FM again, I am not sure whether its preferable just to leave it in whatever state its in and call it a day with the FM or to continually do this screwing around with it.

I hope they finalize it close as possible to the real thing , don't know if the current or the previous FM changes are real or can the module be made as realistic ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC