1.5.6 running out of RAM

since 1.5.6, next to other couple of bugs like sounds, i also experience one serious one...that is, that im running out of RAM.i get a windows warning message, although i have 16gigs of RAM. dont know whether others experience it as well, as i seem to be the only one within my group who experienced it so far...it is 1.5.6 related, as with previous patches, i dont have that issue, and i didnt change anything on my rig.

a possible memory leak?

same problem here,I have sent a ticket and they responded to me almost straight away and they are working on it .I have just sent a track I suspect it,s to do with AJS37 but I could be wrong my game crashes after less than 10 minutes in training....I ordered another 16 gig of ram, I reckon i'll need it in the future anyway.My stable version was fine until I did the last update and I loaded AJS37 and now it does the same as openbeta.

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

Could this issue be responsible for the short freezes that I'm experiencing, (probably since 1.5.5)?

Both in SP and MP the game freezes for a very short time (usually less than a second) and then continues. It's most annoying when I'm just getting a target into my sight and preparing to fire. I do not get any pop-up message about insufficient RAM though.

I have no problem with frame rates; most of the time I get well above 100fps.

But, with only 8 GB of RAM, I would be vulnerable to any RAM size crunch.

To BigNewy's comment: Page file size is system-managed

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team

check your pagefile is set to system managed, you should not have an issue then.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Could this issue be responsible for the short freezes that I'm experiencing, (probably since 1.5.5)?

Both in SP and MP the game freezes for a very short time (usually less than a second) and then continues. It's most annoying when I'm just getting a target into my sight and preparing to fire. I do not get any pop-up message about insufficient RAM though.

I have no problem with frame rates; most of the time I get well above 100fps.

But, with only 8 GB of RAM, I would be vulnerable to any RAM size crunch.

To BigNewy's comment: Page file size is system-managed

You have a beast of a Machine. You have to add the Ram. More is better for some, I use 16Gig.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• ED Team

When it happens please attach your logs straight after we may find some clues

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

check your pagefile is set to system managed, you should not have an issue then.
That's right. My RAM issue was solved with this. :pilotfly:

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...
You have a beast of a Machine. You have to add the Ram. More is better for some, I use 16Gig.

I have not had the problem yesterday and I was playing in MP for hours. As usually, only Outlook and Excel were running concurrent (I have documented my control bindings in Excel and display them on my second monitor).

I have not made any changes to PC config or settings. So it seems to me that the problem comes from the DCS software and not from my machine. I will wait some time before I decide to increase my RAM capacity. Maybe the problem goes away with a future release just as it started happening with a recent release.

PS: I have opened the performance monitor of task manager while I was playing today.

First session had several freezes and the last freeze ended in a crash. Second session (SP and MP) had no freeze at all.

I believe that these freezes are caused by bugs in the program. They look like the program is in long loops, and once the loop was endless.

RAM usage was never above 75%. Therefore I do not understand why people say I should add RAM.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had the problem for weeks. Today I upgraded to 16 GB of RAM. In my first MP session the problem re-appeared, and shortly afterwards DCS crashed. I'm sure that was all caused by some software problem somewhere. Maybe related to the MIG-21bis activation request coming up all the time.

I did a few missions in SP and MP, and strangely I find visibility significantly improved. I would not have expected that effect from increased RAM size. Does it make any sense?

LeCuvier

A work colleague of mine just recently discovered that Samsung Magician software potentially reduces and/or disables VRAM in an effort to lengthen the life of its SSD's, including M.2 drives. So anyone running this software should check their O/S virtual memory settings. I did this and haven't had a memory issue since. I am running 12gb ddr3 ram on an X58 board.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM