POLICE mode

blast

Hi everyone,

During my last fly with the M2000 someone asked me what was the purpose of the POLICE mode (POL). I explained him as mentioned in the manual:

"POL: Police mode. The system provides guidance to a locked target for identification. No weapons are available in this mode, even if the Master Arm switch is in the ON position."

And then I said right now I'm locking you with the master arm ON and the 530 selected with the POL mode but I can't shot.... you... WTF!

The missile was launched and killed him. At that moment I just lost a good friend. :music_whistling:

So my question:

Is the POL mode purpose is to make us dumb when you are trying to explain someone what it is supposed to do?

Ty

It's currently the American Police mode. It shoots you even if you're innocent. :-P

• Like 6

Ryzen 3600X - RTX 2080 - 32 GB Ram - DCS on SSD.

DCS Modules : M2K-C, F18-C, FW-190D, Huey, Gazelle, Black Shark, Mig-15, all maps.

C'mon. Its only a joke.

Not to folks in the U.S. or N.A. in general it isn't.

Check the news outside of Spain and see the social upheaval regarding this issue. This is not a joking issue - and I'm pretty sure that the largest percentage of members here just got insulted.

C'mon. Its only a joke.

Not funny at all. Highly inappropriate.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Not feeding this thread anymore....

You should have made that decision earlier.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Very poor taste indeed and highly innapropiate.

If someone feels hurt by a innocent joke on the web, keep your morality to youself please. Thank you for respect the freedom of speech in the future. :thumbup:

Regards.

You have just contradicted yourself here son.

You have just contradicted yourself here son.

Well Kiddo I wrote that with a purpose. If you think that you didn`t get the point here That's an example. What is innapropiate is very subjective, arbitrary in some cases.

Freedom of speech is very important. Maybe you, pals, don't appreciate it because is something you always had. You don't know what you have until It's gone. But in more places than you think in the world, Freedom of speech is only a dream.:cry:

That's all.

Regards

Edited by Ce_Zeta
mistypo.

Good to know I'm not the only one who noticed this bug!

And can we move on from the joke? It was a bit of dark humor, life goes on. Sithspawn will already be on his way so let's not descend any further!

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Hi everyone,

During my last fly with the M2000 someone asked me what was the purpose of the POLICE mode (POL). I explained him as mentioned in the manual:

"POL: Police mode. The system provides guidance to a locked target for identification. No weapons are available in this mode, even if the Master Arm switch is in the ON position."

And then I said right now I'm locking you with the master arm ON and the 530 selected with the POL mode but I can't shot.... you... WTF!

The missile was launched and killed him. At that moment I just lost a good friend. :music_whistling:

So my question:

Is the POL mode purpose is to make us dumb when you are trying to explain someone what it is supposed to do?

Ty

It is a bug. In POL mode all weapons are safetied so you cannot shoot anybody. Fix will be available on next update.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

As Zeus said :)

In fact, POL is a "master mode" (as are 530, MAG, CAN...) of the avionics. So we should not be able to select both POL and MAG, or POL and 530... etc. It's one or the other.

While 530, MAG and CAN allow for firing a dedicated weapon each, POL is there to get ~ the same features (radar modes... etc.) as 530 without having selected any weapon = without ability to shoot something.

++

Az'

spacer.png

Actually the joke was funny, but, hey nice the bug will be fixed, even if i don't have the module.

PS : people are putting themselve in a shell because of the reality and trying to make it worse, like an insult, if you get hurt, then there is a problem because words don't hurt, your brain react like it's hurting.

peace