Have DCS 2.1 but no Normany Map or Assets-Tickets No Help

MADLOU1

I pre-purchased the Normandy Map and Assets bundle. Today, I was able to download DCS World 2.1 but neither the map nor assets appear in Module Manager or anywhere else. Submitted two tickets. One for Map and the other for Assets. The Assets ticket was closed for no reason and no comment. On the other I was told there was no record of me purchasing it. I submitted my receipt and they (Matt Wagner) sent me a message saying, "Andrey, please assist."

What is going on with this craziness?:(

Has anyone else not been able to get the Normandy map and/ Assets?

Chill man... You have to manually install both the map and the asset pack. In the bin folder of your DCSW2.1 you'll find dcs_updater.exe. Use a cmd prompt to issue these commands:

dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

dcs_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

Then you have to activate them. Don't reactivate other modules if it asks.

Enjoy!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Hi, I have same problem, I can't see "Normandy Map and Assets bundle" at Module Manager list, so I can't install them.

I have DCS World 2.1, and I have passed a repair, but the problem persists.

I have created a new ticket, and I'm waiting an answer.

EDIT:

Thanks You very much, amazingme !!! I will try It! :D

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

Normandy install

I read this and am in process of DL terrain as of now....

open bin folder then right click and open power shell cmd box.

type

.\dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

then hit enter.

for assets pack

type

.\dcs_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

you will need your codes to activate them

[HVY-A]Daze:pilotfly:

Seriously?

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

I have DCS, DCS World 2 OpenAlpha, and DCS World OpenBeta (that's how the folders are listed) installed on this pc. Which folder does this need to be run from? I assume DCS World 2 OpenAlpha since the DCS World is the 1.5 version ?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

I can't find the Normandy terrain either.

Seriously, you need a computer engineering degree to run this bloody game.

For simple people like me who buy things expecting them to work without having to employ a software engineer, how does one open a power command prompt?

Edited by nick10

For those just now downloading 2.1 for the first time for the purpose of getting the WWII map, and do not have the Nevada map are having issues. They are not seeing the WWII map after install, or getting the prompt to enter the activation code. I believe the map didn't install to the right place.

I remember we had to make a path before installing the Nevada map before we could download it. I think these new folks are missing that step.

Anyone remember what we did back then? I sure don't.

V

Nevermind... a PC reboot allows activation. Apparently it was hidden under the Armour. I suggest download the map, run DCS, activate it, then exit. Then download the Armour, start up DCS and activate it.

That way one activation doesn't cover the other.

V

This is extremely messy. The torrent for the Normandy terrain appears to be 4.5GB; I switched to HTTP download at around 75% as it was going very slowly, and now the size went up to over 8GB and the speed dropped to a crawl. Can anyone please confirm what the actual download sizes are for the map and the assets?

Wait, what? So after the 15Gb download for the update from 2.05 to 2.1, there's another 5Gb for WWII map?

I'll guess I'll find out in another 8 hours when the first download completes ... 50% done after 8 hours!

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

For simple people like me who buy things expecting them to work without having to employ a software engineer, how does one open a power command prompt?

For open beta and alpha you have to install them modules manually. For stable release you don't. It is stated somewhere..though. But that's why we have this great community.. to help each other on harsh times :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Hi. So where do we download a release of DCS World 2.0 different to the early access (OpenAlpha)?

Where do we find a stable release version that will have Normandy map show up within the module manager?

Thanks.

Windows 10 64-bit OS Home | Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz | 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 | 238GB Crucial C300-CTF SSD | nVidia GeForce GTX 980ti with Corsair H60 liquid cooler | ASUSTeK Z97-A M'board | Saitek X52 Pro | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR 5.4.1 with TrackClipPro

• ED Team
Hi. So where do we download a release of DCS World 2.0 different to the early access (OpenAlpha)?

Where do we find a stable release version that will have Normandy map show up within the module manager?

Thanks.

Hi

DCS 2.1 is open alpha, it is an early access public build only

It will not be moved into the stable release until it has been finished by ED and the Free terrain has been updated.

if the terrain is not showing in the DLC tab in the module manager try using the refresh button bottom right

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for info.

I've tried everything. Refresh tabs etc ... updated to 2.1, tried repair ... module shows (greyed out) along bottom but doesn't appear in the module manager.

In frustration I've uninstalled 2.0 & am downloading/installing again. Im very dismayed in what you apparently have to do to get this module up and running. I have no clues on 'shells' or 'command prompts' etc and none of this wasn't stated whilst I was reading up the Normandy map. I just paid my money and waited patiently until 26th - expecting the module to 'rightfully' appear in the module manager after udpating the version to 2.1 etc.

Guess I'm going to have to take a crash course in computer software writing before I can take to the skies of Normandy.

Windows 10 64-bit OS Home | Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz | 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 | 238GB Crucial C300-CTF SSD | nVidia GeForce GTX 980ti with Corsair H60 liquid cooler | ASUSTeK Z97-A M'board | Saitek X52 Pro | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR 5.4.1 with TrackClipPro

With all the tools available one should not have to install this via command prompt Baz, I agree. Many users are familiar with the process, but it should not be necessary, especially when this is provided by the main developer.

That said, a command prompt is easy to use (youtube a tutorial or two), and once you are able to browse to the bin folder, commence the download is per the second post of this thread.

I remember back in the day launching EVERYTHING from dos... but had to look this up because it has been so long

${1}

Chill man... You have to manually install both the map and the asset pack. In the bin folder of your DCSW2.1 you'll find dcs_updater.exe. Use a cmd prompt to issue these commands:

dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

dcs_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

Then you have to activate them. Don't reactivate other modules if it asks.

Enjoy!

Easy for you to do...

Do not forget that you have to direct the cmd to your bin folder! "cd C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin" Then execute "dcs_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR"

Or you will not run it.

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

For non IT guys there's always google..

Specs:

Settings: