CrazyEddie and Kobra HMS Furious and USS Reagan for DCS2

Yet another update to my original 2015 Mod. This update includes all the files needed to make this work correctly in DCS2, there are no significant other changes as such. We are just trying to keep ahead of the ever changing game.

Also works in 1.5.7.

Sorry, no Meatball, it was requested. We are looking at that but its not as easy as it sounds, if you love your meatball keeps using the Stingers USS Bush Mod, that has it all, this is a very simple Mod and not in the same league.

Dropbox link now removed.

Edited by crazyeddie

Thank you kind Sir's!

Awesome work here!

Cheers Mate!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hi !

What to do to get started with a catapult on A-7E2 (ISVA mod). I see in the case of airplanes controlled by the catapult, however, it works when I control the plane, the catapult hook does not work, and besides, in the options "games" there is no key to attach the plane to the catapult.

Thank you and best regards

The tail hook is a function of the aircraft mod, not the ship mod, so you would need to ask the person who created the aircraft mod about the tail hook, I had nothing to do with the creation of that aircraft.

Any AI aircraft should spawn on the Cat points as per the normal game functions, and land on the wires in the same way, this Mod is cloned over the in game USS Vinsen, it does what that ship does, nothing more, as explained in the ReadMe.

Okay, this Mod was never designed to do that, sorry. Its mainly an AI Eye Candy Mod with a deck that you can land on with helo's and some jets, but obviously restricted by parked aircraft etc.

The only Mod that has a functioning flight deck, in that way, is the VFA-113 Stingers USS Bush Mod I believe, although I have never used it. You can find that somewhere on the site, that might be what you need.

Sorry, I cant find the actual link to that Mod, I have looked, its out there somewhere.

By way of an explanation, for those of you not familiar with how DCS works.

The game engine controls what things happen in the game, and how they happen, and that is hard coded, nobody can get to that, not yet anyway.

Aircraft Carriers, we have 2. Kutznetzov and USS Vinsen. We have 1 flyable Carrier Aircraft - the Su33.

Both ships are different in many ways, Kutz has no Cats, just the ski jump. Both have wires, so both can catch a fast jet if it has a working hook. However, the similarity ends there.

Vinsen and Kutz can both launch AI aircraft and recover them, Vinsen x 4, Kutz x 3.

You can fly the Su33 from the Kutz deck, the game engine is designed to do that, you cannot fly anything from the Vinsen deck, because there are no DSC designed flyable American jets in DCS.

Those are the restrictions you have to work with, so to create a new carrier deck that you can fly off as a Pilot, you have to clone your Mod over the Kutz, its that simple.

So you create a carrier mod and if you want to be able to fly off it, you HAVE to clone it over the Kutz, and it will behave exactly like the Kutz even although it might look like an American carrier. Your jet will fly off as if its running up the ski jump, and when it lands it will try to park like its on the Kutz, using the Kutz parking spots, because the game engine wont let you do anything else.

If you want a deck you can fly off it has to be cloned over the Kutz, there are no other real options for now.

My Mods are cloned over the Vinsen, so they can only do what the Vinsen model does.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for the insight into how the game currently works, I love to learn more about this kind of stuff. I hope that when the F-18 arrives, the game engine of the Vinsen will be updated and give us more options.

best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I do not mean the landing hook, it's all about the hook that attaches the plane to the catapult, with him is a problem. Thanks for the quick reply.

start from the deck you need to press only "F"

landing on deck "shift + F"

cabin open, parking on deck no move

sorry google translation

Edited by zOrg
  • Like 1

Попадания: (100%) приехали......

Thinking again on what Rudel asked, and the last post above, had to go over this several times in my head to make sure it was right.

If you select a flyable aircraft, that is coded to take off from a catapult, with you in the driving seat, that aircraft should spawn on cat 1, ready to take off. That's part of the game hard coding.

The Su33 for example, is coded to take off from a ski jump, not a cat, so you need one of the many flyabale mods out there that is coded to a cat to do this. If you were to select the Su33 and make the first evolution "Take off from runway", the aircraft will jump to the nearest Kutz Model or a land based runway.

So, find a US Flyable.

Not sure what the F button does, as suggested by zorg, is that something to do with the A6 ?

Anyway, I tried it, correct flaps, applied full power and shot off the deck just like the real thing.

Landing on, flaps again, hook down, caught the wire.

So it does work, as long as you have an aircraft with the correct attributes.

You can change the attributes to each aircraft in that models .lua file by adding the attributes you want, but be aware, every time the game updates it will restore the original, so you need to create a JSGME mod to put it back in again, that's what I would do.

Suggestion, every aircraft you want to fly off either the Kutz or a US Carrier, add the attributes missing so you have them for both ships, problem solved.

As you can see the landing categories are the same for both ship types, you only need to add that bit once.

(Tramplin = Ski Jump)

The attributes are:

Kutz:

TakeOffRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier With Tramplin",

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of TakeOffRWCategories

LandRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier",

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of LandRWCategories

US:

TakeOffRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult",

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of TakeOffRWCategories

LandRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier",

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of LandRWCategories

Edited by crazyeddie

start from the deck you need to press only "F"

landing on deck "shift + F"

cabin open, parking on deck no move

sorry google translation

Thanks to the great zOrg, it works even when the Corsair is loaded with bombs!

Now you can add "Green Thunder by Starway" and you can do missions from the Vietnam War, missing the F-105 and it would be quite interesting.

Edited by 8ELT_GRZESIEK
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...