DCS and Pimax

Wags

You're Welcome,It also might help to delete these two folders...fxo and metalshaders2 found in

C/Users/Your Name/Saved Games/DCS Open Beta/

DCS will recreate them on next start up.

:thumbup:

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks I tried the Alpha and I'm still getting an abysmally low FPS just sitting on the ramp. FPS shows at 8-12 FPS. I think that's the cause of the stuttering (?), but cant figure out why all of a sudden I'm getting 10 FPS. I have a pretty powerful machine and this hasn't been an issue before. At least not this bad.

Have you posted your HW spec already?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Have you posted your HW spec already?

Hans - here are my HW Specs. I havent been able to rollback from the 2.5.6 yet, but will report back when I do.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hans - here are my HW Specs. I havent been able to rollback from the 2.5.6 yet, but will report back when I do.

Do keep in mind that 1080Ti may have to work hard for 5K+. Have you tried lower FoV and work your way up?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi all, without reading through 150 pages of this thread, where does the Pimax 5K+ or the 8K stand for ready for primetime? I just got a Reverb and I'm a bit disappointed in it overall and am tempted to send it back and go for the Pimax. But I've read a LOT of negative stuff about the PIMAX gear, poor quality and the poor Customer service. But that was last summer. What's the current status? Have they gotten their "stuff" together yet and putting out a solid product or are they still at a wait and see stage? Money really isn't an object (to a point), so if the Pimax is that good, I don't mind spending the $$ on it.

TIA.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I sold my Pimax 5k as quick as I could. HP reverb is better option for simflight IMO. Everything is much more readable.

My 1st Pimax had bad pixel. I waited 1.5 months for replacement. Next one had much more deadpixels... waited 2 months. Next had prolem with the cable. They changed whole unit but they send it from Shanghai... had to pay a lot for customs. I said enough... dont go this way.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

why are you disappointed in the Reverb?

No one can answer what you should get if we don't know that.

In all fairness, I said a “bit disappointed”. Not completely disappointed. The earpiece broke within 30 min of opening it from the new box and the face doesn’t fit at all without some modification. I see the inside edges of the unit with it barely touching my face. The build quality just feels cheap and while I guess it has slightly better FOV than than my existing Vive pro, it feels like I’m looking down a tunnel with the “diver’s mask” effect as another poster described it. And the audio quality seems very average as well.

I started a thread on it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264697

The resolution of the reverb IS very good and I will probably live with the other annoyances for now for that alone. I used a bunch of scotch tape to wrap around the earpiece, so that at least works as a ghetto fix.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Hi all, without reading through 150 pages of this thread, where does the Pimax 5K+ or the 8K stand for ready for primetime? I just got a Reverb and I'm a bit disappointed in it overall and am tempted to send it back and go for the Pimax. But I've read a LOT of negative stuff about the PIMAX gear, poor quality and the poor Customer service. But that was last summer. What's the current status? Have they gotten their "stuff" together yet and putting out a solid product or are they still at a wait and see stage? Money really isn't an object (to a point), so if the Pimax is that good, I don't mind spending the $$ on it.

TIA.

I'm waiting for the new Pimax 8kx, which is far superior to the old 5K+, and better than all currently available VR headsets, according to CES reviewers, BUT I'll be waiting for it to appear on sale at Amazon for easy return if necessary.

In all fairness, I said a “bit disappointed”. Not completely disappointed. The earpiece broke within 30 min of opening it from the new box and the face doesn’t fit at all without some modification. I see the inside edges of the unit with it barely touching my face. The build quality just feels cheap and while I guess it has slightly better FOV than than my existing Vive pro, it feels like I’m looking down a tunnel with the “diver’s mask” effect as another poster described it. And the audio quality seems very average as well.

I started a thread on it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264697

The resolution of the reverb IS very good and I will probably live with the other annoyances for now for that alone. I used a bunch of scotch tape to wrap around the earpiece, so that at least works as a ghetto fix.

Maybe you should wait till the Pimax 8KX comes out. The 5K+ has a much bigger FOV, but the reverb will have it beat in resolution. The 8KX will have both high resolution and large FOV. However with the current Corona virus situation I doubt any VR Headset manufactured in China will be available in any great supply for some time to come.

Pimax?

Im strongly considering a pimax for the FOV alone and I wanted to get some opinions of actual users in DCS,Im thinking about waiting for the 8kx but Im considering the 8k thats available now

I would greatly appreciate some opinions from the DCS/IL2 Gang in here.Thanks in advance

Maybe you should wait till the Pimax 8KX comes out. The 5K+ has a much bigger FOV, but the reverb will have it beat in resolution. The 8KX will have both high resolution and large FOV. However with the current Corona virus situation I doubt any VR Headset manufactured in China will be available in any great supply for some time to come.

That's a good point.

Do keep in mind that 1080Ti may have to work hard for 5K+. Have you tried lower FoV and work your way up?

Yes I did. I'm afraid my issue was a deeper one than I thought and it required a reset of my hardrive. Even the Alienware tech, with all his powers, couldn't assist from New Delhi and finally throwing his hands up in exasperation saying "I'm so sorry sir but I cant help you" .. :megalol:

Now that I'm back flying again, Im getting ok FPS ranging from 20 on a busy ramp ( such as Nellis' Aggressor Campaign ) to over 40 inflight.

Not sure why I cant get more FPS as my 11GB GPU is only taxed at 50% and CPU at 10% or less according to vrFPS. I have VRSS set at 100% and reduced the resolution to closely match my 5k+ at 2500x1440ish. Not sure what else I can do as it seems my hardware is not at fault, but perhaps DCS? That's just my uneducated guess :music_whistling:

Does anyone know how to take advantage of multiple cores in a CPU like mine? Maybe my hardware isn’t fully optimized.

Having said that it amazes me how stunningly gorgeous the sim is. I just flew an introductory Aggressor flight to the MOA at dusk and the shadows off the mountains to the glow of the setting sun on my wingman is just amazing.

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update Phantom. I just looked at the official site and they havnt released the Pitool update yet. A bit weird !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

So I did a stupid thing - I tried the newest PiTool (258) for my 5K+, despite 197 working pretty well. First thing it did was update the firmware, and now I've lost 15fps!

I uninstalled PiTool and went back to 197, which got me 5fps back. But what I really want is to know: how do you install old versions of firmware?!? I want my full fps back.

I want whatever the latest firmware was, as of PiTool 197. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

So I did a stupid thing - I tried the newest PiTool (258) for my 5K+, despite 197 working pretty well. First thing it did was update the firmware, and now I've lost 15fps!

I uninstalled PiTool and went back to 197, which got me 5fps back. But what I really want is to know: how do you install old versions of firmware?!? I want my full fps back.

I want whatever the latest firmware was, as of PiTool 197. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

There is a New "Beta" Firmware available for Pimax 5k+ with serial #"s starting with 203/204 that has a 144htz option,I believe you need to use latest Pitool.

Patrick

mini.gif

Hey, thanks for the link... but that is not what I asked for. I don't want a new firmware with high refresh rate, I want standard refresh rate and my performance back!

There's Older Pitool versions along with Firmware listed here...but for some reason the links aren't working for me...maybe try later?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/older-pitool-versions/24500

Patrick

mini.gif