Viggen Missing Keybinds

Horns

I noticed that there are no keybinds for the weapon release selector switch (impuls/sirie) or the Doppler land/sea mode switch. I couldn't find any mention of this elsewhere on this forum so I thought I'd mention it here.

I'm not too bothered about having to click the land/sea mode switch, but I'd prefer to make all the adjustments for weapon employment without needing to take my hand off the hotas.

Thanks.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Hi, I use this Mod to add the missing keybinds:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181720

It doesnt break the Integrity Check, so its compatible with multiplayer flying.

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi, I use this Mod to add the missing keybinds:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181720

It doesnt break the Integrity Check, so its compatible with multiplayer flying.

:)

Awesome, t's. Good to know mods like this are astound ☺

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

FYI - the key bindings mapping will be released in an upcoming patch so you'll be able to map all functions to HOTAS/Devices etc

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

FYI - the key bindings mapping will be released in an upcoming patch so you'll be able to map all functions to HOTAS/Devices etc

When will that patch be realeased?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Ah thanks, glad to know that. Mods can provide great workarounds for these situations, but at some point an integral solution will be needed.

Can't say when gents as that's down to ED. But I've been told it's been done so I'm hoping with the next patch but don't hold me to it. I've yet to test it yet myself so could be a while.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

The missing key binds were appended in the latest 1.5 patch.

Not so, I checked my viggen after the patch and I couldnt bind a key for the trigger safe/unsafe ... so, i reverted to keep using FunkyFranky's mod.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Can anyone confirm that the keybinds is not in the latest 1.5.7 release? You should for example be able to bind a lot of stuff to the mouse now.

I can bind gear up and gear down now to my x55 now so thats fixed.

Eject however still doesnt bind.

I did file compares. The latest release added a bunch of key binds, certainly all of the ones I had added manually.

I have trigger safe/unsafe mapped just fine on my warthog stick for sometime without any mods:

Trigger safety bracket SAFE

Trigger safety bracket ARM

Right now I have only two problems:

1) the throttle valve switch binding that is provided for HOTAS only locks the throttle to off, I cannot use it to unlock the throttle. If I recall correctly, this used to work well with my Warthog throttle: i.e. if I lifted the throttle over the detent and placed it to "off", the throttle would lock. If I lifted the throttle over the detent and placed it to idle, it would unlock the throttle.

2) There is no bind of any kind for the sight selector switch, so to adjust wingspan for air to air, I have to grab the mouse and click until it is where I want it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any Engine Restart (Afterstart) key bind?

I think the same as for the initial start ("Start system - on", fourth from the bottom in "motor") worked for me once, but that was a while ago and I could be mistaken.

Can anyone tell me what control is for the trigger on the radarstick is? Since it's not animated, and the manual lists it differently than T0, T1, and TV, and the name from the manual "fix trigger" is not in the controls.

These are the last items in the “radar” section of the controls. There are no default keybinds for them. T0 is the default starting point, so you would pull the fix trigger over the first detent to t1 to allow you to designate the location of the radar fix point or target, and then you’d pull it over the second detention to TV to lock it.

Edited by Horns
Include description of fix trigger use

Thanks, because the manual says I can lock air targets doing this, however when I press TV on an air target, it does not seem to track, thanks anyways.

I don’t think this radar tracks, so it should let you lock the position it’s in at a given time, but when it moves (as a/c tend to) it will no longer be at the designation point.

Yeah I didn't think so, but the manual said it should be able to "lock air to air targets" so did a little bit of experimenting, but even with no clutter and just the target, it wouldn't lock the aircraft. Which is fine though, still a very good way of finding targets.

• 3 weeks later...

Locking air targets has worked for me at least when i've selected guns or sidewinders.

One has to be fairly close and then put the radar in lock on mode, the radar will go black and you'll see a distance line on the hud indicating if you are in range for weapons release or not.