VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Can somebody help me - how to train profile to better understand my pronounciation of numbers..It has difficulty understanding my numbers - "two" is often understood as "to"..

And secon issue - what is Min Unrecognized confidence level - and how do you set it up?

I am not a native speaker, that is why I prefer a lower confidence level - I have set it to 50%.

How to train profile for the specific word - see attachment

VAICOM-how-set-words.thumb.jpg.3f26c1842640720187480e91d857e96b.jpg

VA-confidence-levels.thumb.jpg.c6275afc59d3b199e89896dfb78bbfd2.jpg

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

When adding new Aliases - why they are added as join1, join11, join111 and so on?

How can i add new aliases for Join as - form on me, on me, join up ? Whatever i do they ended as join1, join11 and join1111

After adding new alias you can edit "Join01, Join11 etc.." field how you want, then click "apply" and now you can edit next alias/command or click "finish" - new keyword list will be copied to clipboard. Then replace keyword collection in VA Vaicom profile by keywords from clipboard

82a45117be.jpg

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

VoiceAttack does NOT want to recognize "Radio Tune" command. Like, at all. It'll recognize other things, but not this one. "TACAN Tune" also tends to have some trouble being picked up, but none of these appear in the editor. I feel like adding an alternate command like "set radio" or "set tacan" would help but I don't know what the effect of editing them straight from the VA editor would have.

[EDIT] Apparently the "Scan Sector" and "Radio Tune" addon commands have a pretty low chance of activating. VoiceAttack literally reads "scan sector angels 14 at 30" and it wasn't recognized. TACAN Tune is in the editor though (missed it the first time), so there might be a correlation.

I have problem with word "Tune" recognition too. I changed "TACAN tune" to "TACAN" and "Radio tune" to "Radio frequency" in VA profile and all works fine, no more any "two, to, too" instead "tune" \0/

d54592aad9.jpg

Live Long and Prosper

After adding new alias you can edit "Join01, Join11 etc.." field how you want, then click "apply" and now you can edit new alias/command or click "finish" - new keyword list will be copied in clipboard. Then replace keyword collection in VA Vaicom profile by keywords from clipboard

82a45117be.jpg

How is it, that you have only 1 line for "Keyword collection" section? I have many lines in my VAICOM profile - one line for each keyword. So I do not know how to replace keyword list from clipboard for all rows? Suppose it is not intended to repeat it for all lines. But if I replace only the line for the updated keyword it do not work...

1866463981_VAISOMprofile.thumb.jpg.59b1f6ba8beb7aa72e40e60a002b4b2a.jpg

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Yep, that works :-)

Thanks, guys.

Try Voice Attack / Options / Audio / Notification Sounds.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Hi all,

Im having an issue with viacom pro using the AOCS function. The viacom window recognizes my inquiry and command and displays the response in the viacom window but nothing is happening in dcs. All other commands seem to function fine. For example; Crystal Palace interrogate will give me the BRA, Freq and call sign in the voiceattack window with no response in DCS. I reset all in Voiceattack, Repaired DCS, STILL NO LUCK. Anyone else have this issue or any idea how to fix it?

Exact same issue here! I've reinstalled, updated LUA code, reimported the profile and tried just about everything else. If you get it figured out let me know!

thanks

Hi Squid. I have the exact same problem in not getting the speech recognition in Win 10 to work. I think I have 'handwriting services' tuned on, but where, and what did you do please?

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul, check out this steps:

Go start and type services, hit enter

Search for "touch keyboard and handwriting" service or something similar

make sure it is set to start automatic with windows

and restart your PC

this fixed the issue for me. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

Hey Paul, check out this steps:

Go start and type services, hit enter

Search for "touch keyboard and handwriting" service or something similar

make sure it is set to start automatic with windows

and restart your PC

this fixed the issue for me. :)

Thank you SO much, squid! - After months of trying, this fix (which I've never seen mentioned elsewhere) sorted it for me!!

I'm still unable to get the Grid and the Scan sector commands to function. I am unable to import them into the Voice Attack Profile, so tried creating them manually, unsuccessfully. It seems that there is a missing .vap file. Where can I find it? It does not seem to be in the VAICOM\Export\ folder, as the only .vap files in there are from September.

Is it in a new place>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

I'm still unable to get the Grid and the Scan sector commands to function. I am unable to import them into the Voice Attack Profile, so tried creating them manually, unsuccessfully. It seems that there is a missing .vap file. Where can I find it? It does not seem to be in the VAICOM\Export\ folder, as the only .vap files in there are from September.

Is it in a new place>

You can get all latest .vap files manual by pressing "export" button in vaicom config tab if you have latest version of vaicom plugin

J2b5J9iGGoqGm6.jpg

Live Long and Prosper

Exact same issue here! I've reinstalled, updated LUA code, reimported the profile and tried just about everything else. If you get it figured out let me know!

thanks

I think I got it solved. Make sure your DCS audio settings are all set to 50% and at default for audio devices. Also make sure your Windows text to speech and read a document aloud. Once that is configured, ensure your text to speech voice is using Zira as the voice. Ensure Viacom settings that the Recognition is set to default. Also you can try setting the overides to your current used device. Hope this helps, I spent hours getting it to work finally! Good luck.:megalol:

I have problem with word "Tune" recognition too. I changed "TACAN tune" to "TACAN" and "Radio tune" to "Radio frequency" in VA profile and all works fine, no more any "two, to, too" instead "tune" \0/

d54592aad9.jpg

Christ, yes, that was exactly my issue. I didn't want to edit via the commands list itself because delving into the root is usually the last option if you have a top-layer alternative.

Now if only "Scan sector angels x at x" ****ing worked. "Angels 14" is invariably recognized as "Angels 40" for some reason. I've never had this issue with VoiceAttack.

Edited by The Burrito

d54592aad9.jpg

Hi, can you explain how you changed tacan tune to only Tacan, and Radio tune to Radio frequency?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hi, can you explain how you changed tacan tune to only Tacan, and Radio tune to Radio frequency?

Just type any desired command instead "TACAN/Radio Tune" in VA vaicom profile in "Edit a command" window (text before square brackets)

J2b5J9iGGO4Mm6.jpg

Live Long and Prosper

Now if only "Scan sector angels x at x" ****ing worked. "Angels 14" is invariably recognized as "Angels 40" for some reason. I've never had this issue with VoiceAttack.

"Scan Sector, Angels ..." command numbers has step "5", so only 5, 10, 15, 20... etc commands will be recognized, when you say "fourteen" VA choose the most similar sounding number which is divided by "5", and it's "forty"

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

Just type any desired command instead "TACAN/Radio Tune" in VA vaicom profile in "Edit a command" window (text before square brackets)

J2b5J9iGGO4Mm6.jpg

Ok, thx i did that..And i got message that it will create 2000 dynamic commands and i pressed ok..Hope thats ok..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@Hollywood_315

I noticed that when using new PTT HOT function VA stays muted when I say anything that that is not recognized by VA profile. But if I say valid command or if i say nothing and only push and release button VA listening is correctly resumed.

I use VAICOM and SRS together. And I have checked both "Use with multiplayer" and "SRS PTT Mapping" and of course, I have set ON the REL-HOT switch on the first tab.

I use the same button on my hotas for VAICOM (set in the VoiceAttack config) and for SRS transmit (set in SRS controls tab).

How can I avoid suspended VA listening after the sequence "push button" --> "say something" --> "release button" when in multiplayer and speaking to someone on SRS?

Now I must after the end of every SRS transmission push-release button once again without speaking to set VA listening resumed.

Edited by tapi