VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

In normally contact the current carrier the same way as the tower , I dont think we have *ANY* information yet on how to work the advanced ATC of the super carrier, as that has not been released yet and will be likely subject to change

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hey thanks for your input man, appreciate it. Yea I’ve been doing that and it’s been working ok. I just thought is it correct tho but hey whatever works right. So in regards to the Viacom Pro manual I have Vers. April 2019, this would be the latest yes?

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

mine is dated December 2019.. it gets updated when you update Viacom and is in

Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Documentation

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

mine is dated December 2019.. it gets updated when you update Viacom and is in

Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Documentation

Hey thanks, much appreciated

I’ll check it out when I get home

Cheers :thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Mapping HOTAS button in combination with pinky

I have an old Saitek X45 and have mapped the "Mouse cursor" on the throttle to TX1-4 in VoiceAttack. For the A-10C module I have also mapped it to the Slew control in combination with the pinkie switch.

The problem I hope someone can help me solve is that the PTT function is activated regardless of the pinkie switch being pressed or not. When mapping buttons in VoiceAttack there's an option to activate only if no other buttons are pressed and I thought that would do the trick, but it didn't. This means that when I slew something and release the button I get the audio notification from VAICOM. I could simply turn this off, but I think it's a nice feature so hopefully someone here can help me solve the issue.

@Thor_H Check the Link to Radio Power setting

@RichW AOCS uses Windows text-to-speech, make sure it is set up correctly.

@kfarley215 FINISH steps, see manual.

Grtz

Same thing happen in either mode, Link to radio power off or on does not matter. Works fine until i spawn in a plane.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Have this already...so is it "Select...channel X"?

The channel selection indeed works via the SELECT command - the same as without AIRIO. So select the station (Gudauta, ATC, Texaco, whatever) and it will tune that to whatever radio you are using. I am not aware of a method to let you dial in frequencies manually. But someone else might.

Hey @Hollywood_315,

Have found a possible issue with "Set Ripple Quantity step", I'm not entirely sure but I think it's intended use is to step one up in the quantity, but all it seems to do is sometimes selecting 2 other times 3.

I also have a little request, I don't know if it's at all possible to implement. But it would be nice when using AIRIO that if we are having dificulties getting some command recognized that we could have access to a backup menu such as the one we get with the "Options" command. I have some trouble with radio frequencies and sometimes with TACAN channels in particular.

Given the particularities of the Jester wheel I don't know if this is possible, but if it is consider it a wish list.

Speaking of which really apreciated that you took the trouble to heed my other request of making the Jester wheel automaticaly avaiable when running DCS without VA. Thank you very much for your continued support.

Repeted questions

I have a few things i need help with:

1. Can i have AIRIO enabled plus Jester menu visible ingame at the same time?

(that way if jester cant recognize command i can use manual jester wheel selection)

2. Today i said to Jester to select MK81 which i have loaded, and he's response is MK81 not loaded?

3.At one point in mission i get reply from jester AIRIO not available at the moment - how to fix that?

4.After that i get message Jester not ready jet, wit 10 seconds-how to fix that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@hreich

I think you get the delay of the Jester AI or Iceman AI not beeing avaible when switching cockpits, I think as you noticed if you wait a few seconds it will fix itself.

@Hollywood_315

1. Can i have AIRIO enabled plus Jester menu visible ingame at the same time?

(that way if jester cant recognize command i can use manual jester wheel selection)

Could this be a possible solution to my request?

Also I just noticed something there is some missing functionality regarding radios from AIRIO,

namedly the ability to tell Jester to select radio channels and to switch back and forth between channels and manual frequencies. This is something actually possible trough the Jester Wheel.

Any chance we'll see this added in the future?

@Hollywood_315

Hey again, I gess I'm on a roll today...

I found bug, "Countermesures Auto" and Countermesures Off" are switched around, you get the oposite response. "Countermesures Manual" is working as intended. I checked with the Jester wheel, to see if this only happened with Vaicom or if it was a HB F-14 problem, and it's actually on Vaicom's side. Jester Wheel works as intended for this.

The channel selection indeed works via the SELECT command - the same as without AIRIO. So select the station (Gudauta, ATC, Texaco, whatever) and it will tune that to whatever radio you are using. I am not aware of a method to let you dial in frequencies manually. But someone else might.

He was asking for a way to tell Jester AI to tune to the RIO radio preset frequencies. Which is not the case you cannot do that ATM. But you can definetly tell Jester through AIRIO to Tune a Manual specific frequency. I find it a bit funky with the speech recognition and I don't really like using the select command. Would rather see the preset selection make it's way into Jester AI.

He was asking for a way to tell Jester AI to tune to the RIO radio preset frequencies. Which is not the case you cannot do that ATM. But you can definetly tell Jester through AIRIO to Tune a Manual specific frequency. I find it a bit funky with the speech recognition and I don't really like using the select command. Would rather see the preset selection make it's way into Jester AI.

Thanks Lxsapper...glad I am not crazy. Manual freq changes are easy, I would love to be able to just hit a preset...something like "Set Radio Channel One", or "Goto Button Two".

@Hollywood...what do you think?

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

Thanks Lxsapper...glad I am not crazy. Manual freq changes are easy, I would love to be able to just hit a preset...something like "Set Radio Channel One", or "Goto Button Two".

@Hollywood...what do you think?

What is the voice command to manually change frequencies? I’d like to say “Tune 127.5” or something to that effect.

hey @Hollywood_315,

thank you so much for your continued devotion to this project!! it has been a huge game changer for me, so that i am not even using DCS without it anymore!

i see you keep updates coming regularly, and also update the manual accordingly, wich is a great thing. would it be possible that you somehow mark the changes within the manual text? e.g. vertical bars next to the changed paragraph are common practice in aviation. that would make it much easer to keep track with the frequent additions & changes (yes i am actually reading manuals :D)

cheers

HiLok

By the way don't know if anyone else was having trouble with "Radio Tune" command with AIRIO, but I changed mine to just "Radio...." and I get much more consistent recognition now, maybe something to do with my pronunciation.

So... Hey made it better for me, maybe it helps someone else as well.

I can get Jester to recognize "Radio Mode AM" and recognize "Radio Tune" or "Tune Radio" but when I supply the digits and even get a confirm beep, the radio freq does not change.

Can someone please list the exact phrases they use to get the AM Freq tuned to the digits required?

Thanks!

I can get Jester to recognize "Radio Mode AM" and recognize "Radio Tune" or "Tune Radio" but when I supply the digits and even get a confirm beep, the radio freq does not change.

Can someone please list the exact phrases they use to get the AM Freq tuned to the digits required?

Thanks!

You must say for exemple: "Radio Tune two five zero decimal zero"

or "Radio Tune two five zero decimal six"

or "Radio Tune two five zero decimal two five"

or "Radio Tune two five zero decimal five zero"

or or "Radio Tune two five zero decimal seven five"

You must say for exemple: "Radio Tune two five zero decimal zero"

or "Radio Tune two five zero decimal six"

or "Radio Tune two five zero decimal two five"

or "Radio Tune two five zero decimal five zero"

or or "Radio Tune two five zero decimal seven five"

Thanks for confirming! After saying it 60 times with infinite variation I got it to recognize the pattern. Whew! :thumbup:

I have an issue someone can hopefully help me with. Ive had it installed for a while now, but I came upon this issue this morning. I press LCtrl LAlt C and I cannot get the menu to open for me. Dont mind the DCS Huey profile I have listed above as its pretty much universal; I cant get the config menu to open to save my life. Ive tried reinstalling, Ive tried troubleshooting, Im running this as Admin, and its worked before. ANd for some reason, Voice Attack/Vaicom is placing files in the wrong directory; I didnt change the directory!

Any help appreciated.

1XDDWuV.jpg

bump

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

New to DCS and also just got VAICOM pro. I am not quite sure it's working correctly. I can occasionally issue commands have wingmen respond, but some commands to ATC/AWACS don't seem to work. Is this a function of having the AWACS et al in the same mission? Also, some groundcrew commands work, while others not quite. I read through the manual and still not sure of the right syntax to issue a command.