SLI with 2.5 Caucasus

prccowboy

I am just in the process of trying out SLI with two ROG 1080Ti 11G cards and cannot see any performance increase after trying all the advice in this thread. Currently I can only see load on one of the GPU's no matter what I try.

Just thought I would ask if anyone is currently running SLI successfully at the moment?

My setup - 8700k(5Ghz), 32GB 3200 RAM, 500GB NVME

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, gave up on it, only saw negative performance with it on no matter what i tried

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

Hi prccowboy,

I will be very interested to hear how your testing goes! I have spent many hours over the last couple of days trying all combinations but cannot get my second GPU to move above about 8% utilization. My test is just spawning onto a carrier in an F-18 at which point I get a rock solid 45-46fps no matter what I change. All my cores are not over utilized, I can see the two cores with higher loading which will be DCS but they dont exceed about %60 utilization either.

Oh and the other point which might immediately discount this working for me is that I am using DCS in WMR with a Samsung Odyssey. Generally speaking the performance is perfectly usable and very impressive, I am just wanting to eek out every fps I can by throwing hardware at the problem.

Cheers

Ben

Hi prccowboy, I will be very interested to hear how your testing goes! I have spent many hours over the last couple of days trying all combinations but cannot get my second GPU to move above about 8% utilization.

OK, quick update (I haven't had time for much testing)

I can confirm SLI *IS working* on my rig running 2.5.4.25729. I had both GPU's running at around 90% utilization and framerates were about 75% higher than single card on that particular benchmark test.

Note: I run single monitor and cannot comment on whether SLI works on multi-monitor or VR/WMR (I gave up on multi-monitor with SLI years ago)

• 2 weeks later...

Two Titan XP's in SLI are still working great on my rig as well (40% increase in fps in 4k resolution). I used to get flickering of clouds before but not any more. In 4k, single titan XP is definitely not enough to pull 60 fps during low altitude flight over Vegas with TGP and mirrors on. With SLI, no problem~! Both cards exhibit over 80% usage constantly.

baby can you post your settings please?

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

Yep, SLI gives me a boost in frame rates. Noticed that my frames dropped to 37 average in VR on a single card, but solid 45+ in SLI in VR. At least for the Gazelle module.

The Oculus API does not use SLI

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 4 weeks later...

So here goes... Gonna try the advice in post #65 of this thread with 2 GTX 980's in SLI. I'll be updating the post as I go. Doing this using Nvidia Profile Inspector version 2.1.3.20 Geforce 418.81

So..... After a series of DCS restarts using a variety of incrimental changes it seems that DCS really doesn't like SLI. Forcing DCS to use it involves making the change in "SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11)" DCS WILL use SLI but it will cause a performance DECREASE with a lot of flickering and delay in rendering. I didn't have a look at the FPS because I figured, what's the point if the performance dropped.

That said,because "SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11)" has a vast list of profile changes then it may be that one of them will force DCS to use SLI and actually *increase* performance but the question remains which profile change will do it. so far I haven't found one :(

P.S. I did all the testing in a fast mission on Caucasus > F-18 Lot20 > Start from runway > Summer > Storm > 12:00 and went through F1 > F2 circled the jet twice in each test > pressed F7 ten times and pressed F10 once zoomed in and out and Quit to Destop.

Last update for now. I set the "SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11)" to “0x080600F5 (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat)” as per the instructions and did the one thing I forgot to do which was press L-Alt-Enter to go full screen mode and it flickered FAR LESS but the flickering was still there. Then I disabled "rain drops" and it was far better but the clouds are crappy and evewn though the FPS is better it still feels like it's running worse. Bottom line here is that there are so many variables at play not to mention my current CPU which is not as beefy as many of you. running an i5 with 4 cores Oc'd to 4.5 Ghz

Edited by Akula
  • MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Try this one, based on STALKER: Call of Pripyat profile. The better I never used for SLI with a REAL sensation of "SLI power" with AA SLI working ! I was happy, I'm very happy now !

DCS_NIP.zip

Edited by paradox64

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

I did screenshots of my settings and joined the nip if you want to try (but don't forget to backup your own settings before !).

Also try to delete fxo and metashaders2 folders in your saved game/DCS folder to force it to rebuild shaders. It take 1 or 2 minutes to launch the game after.

Look at your swap file and fix the value if you can on an another drive and better on a SSD.

Sorry for my english...

Thanks paradox, I’ll try it. :thumbup:

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

• 2 months later...

babypapa and your getting no side effects and better performance than with a single card?

Edit, it does indeed seem to work, however if you alt at once and go back in it cripples the performance

Edited by Snowblind

• 5 months later...
SLI still works like a charm.

I have an i7-6900k overclocked to 4.4 Ghz. 64 GB RAM Overclocked to 3000 MGhz and 2 GTX 1080 overclocked from factory (Gigabyte Waterforce). CPU and GPUs watercooled. Following the instructions of this thread I was able to activate SLI, getting between 150 and 180 FPS in 4K resolution, with some in game settings at high, in free flight mission Caucasus with A-10C. I checked utilization and one GPU it is 100%, the other GPU hits 50% (but in order to see it I need to Alt + Enter, and this decreases performance. I might well have 100% on both GPUs, i will check later with a different tool that gives me the history). CPU has two cores at about 70%. But when I plug the VR, SLI doesn't work and I get barely 40 FPS (!!) This game is broken, it is a bad joke, ridiculous.

With VR one GPU is at 100% and the other one at 5%.

I also verified that without VR, if I do not follow the instructions of this thread, I get approx 70- 100 FPS, and one of the GPUs is at 5% or less. Activating SLI I get the jaw dropping 150 to 180 FPS and high usage of both GPUs. I need to click ALT + Enter to get these advantages without VR. When I toggle full screen on and off during flight, performance improves and decreases and improves and so on. No need to re launch the game to see the benefits of full screen performance in SLI. Conclusion: SLI works in 4k without VR. It does NOT work in VR.

Edited by Cape
Correcting typo

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Can totally vouch for that this works! Doubled the framerate in all theatres which makes Syria playable now.
Some minor/issues/artifacts. Ka-50 map disappears after a while. Doesn't help to have MFDs every frame.
When rain starts to fall, some tearing occurs, but it goes away very quickly.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

Is your SLI still running well? I am having a great trouble with flashing in the 2.7 Open Beta. None of the profiles offered in this thread help. If someone has still a well-running SLI, could you please post your current NVidia profile, driver version and the card model?