Introducing the DFDT Cockpit Project

Joe Kurr

Yeah K-36DM :)

There is a "lumb" missing in the middle on those chute canisters though.

Note also that the headrest "block" has a much more rounded profile at front(where the pillow is attached) than at the rear end.

Sorry for the nitpicking, but I just spent the last two weeks battling with this seat(in 3D), so my head is filled with these details :D

Hi Alfa thanks,

i know about the "lumbs" maybe i will add this to it.

The headrest is rounder at the front, see pic

restv.jpg

Note that it won't be a 100% copy of the real thing, that would be too much work, for the seat is

very complicated with all it's pipes and wiring and thousands of details.

Can you show me some 3D drawings you made?, would be very interesting to see!

Cheers!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alfa thanks,

i know about the "lumbs" maybe i will add this to it.

Yeah given the quality of your work(very impressive!) I kind of figured you knew - just checking :D .

The headrest is rounder at the front, see pic

Yup I can see that - it looks great Wasserfall :) .

Note that it won't be a 100% copy of the real thing, that would be too much work, for the seat is

very complicated with all it's pipes and wiring and thousands of details.

Yes indeed. Thats also something I am struggling a little with - i.e. what to do and what to leave out, while still arriving at a fairly good representation of the seat as such.

Can you show me some 3D drawings you made?, would be very interesting to see!

They are not drawings mate - I am building a 3D model of a MiG-29K cockpit, so the seat is part of that :) . If you are interested I can send you a couple of renderings. I am going by photos alone since I have no drawings at all....so a lot of trial and error involved :) .

Cheers,

JJ

Yeah given the quality of your work(very impressive!) I kind of figured you knew - just checking :D .

Yup I can see that - it looks great Wasserfall :) .

Yes indeed. Thats also something I am struggling a little with - i.e. what to do and what to leave out, while still arriving at a fairly good representation of the seat as such.

They are not drawings mate - I am building a 3D model of a MiG-29K cockpit, so the seat is part of that :) . If you are interested I can send you a couple of renderings. I am going by photos alone since I have no drawings at all....so a lot of trial and error involved :) .

Cheers,

Thanks Alfa,

It would be very nice to have some renders!

If you need some detail photo's of a particular part let me know, maybe i have some for you.

Cheers

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Thanks Alfa,

It would be very nice to have some renders!

Ok I will do some for you - I am also working on a couple of other similar projects you might be interested in, so I will include some renderings of those too :)

If you need some detail photo's of a particular part let me know, maybe i have some for you.

Thanks thats very kind of you :)

Cheers,

alfa

JJ

• 4 weeks later...

nice cockpit guys! good luck with the seat. The work is easily underestimated, but it's a great hobby. :joystick:

btw: Haha I just recognized an item I also considered for my pit. I will go to the 'Action' shop to buy an "aircraft aluminum calender" there for some seat parts :)

Edited by Whisky One

Hi Wasserfall,

Thanks for answering my question in my thread...Your HUD Box looks a lot better than mine. I cut mine helmetmountedsight out of a 2X4 board lol. Do you have drawnings or measurement for the helmetmountedsight receivers? I would like to add more detail to mine. You did outstanding job on yours.

Showtime817

Today some pictures off the current state of the panel.

I tried to have a go on the helmetmountedsight receivers (the boxes with the

mirrors), they are scratch build of pvc sheet with miiror glass inside.

box3cm5.jpg

More detail,

box4bi6.jpg

Overview of the entire panel, with switches on the triangeler shaped black panel

panelwboxjy1.jpg

Last picture is a try out for the illumination of the panel( don;t tell anyone they are christmass lights:)) nothing definitive yet!

withlightrn8.jpg

Thanks for watching, see ya

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

K36d

Hi all,

A little upgrade on my seat,

15573425869_1c3a769c3d_b.jpg

Next picture shows the headrest, which was very complicated, and it took me

some time and headaches to come to this result.

Materials i used were: PVC tubes, Wood, Dibond (aluminum sandwich panel).

15760820602_9ee3046257_b.jpg

Still work in progress though.

Lots of work left to do:)

Cheers

Edited by wasserfall
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

ED i'm ready for it, are you too?

As the title says, i'm ready for FC3/DCS Su27 :)

My cockpit is at a final stage, only the Hotas throttle has to be implemented yet.

Hope you like it.

15573563607_84e9a6c54b_b.jpg

15572887359_c8da766786_b.jpg

15138772154_655297c9dc_b.jpg

15573310668_20cd5430f1_b.jpg

Cheers,

Wasserfall

Edited by wasserfall
  • Like 2

Really nice ! I like it ! :thumbup:

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

That is a great job on the Main instrument panel !! I can't wait to see if you finish the side consoles:thumbup:

Yes i would like that too, but the wait for DCS Su27 (if ever) is killing me slowly as i age:)

Cheers!

Incredible goog looking Pit, Wasserfall. Seat looks great.

Is it gauges in far rightside of the headrest ? What is their function ?

It's a kind of analoge clock for deploying the functions of the seat, the dial shows increments in seconds.

• 5 months later...

Great job Wasserfall :thumbup:

I still wonder why you did not populate the left and right sides?

You can do many things be alive using the SIOC and MasterCards, like a "real" SPO, full radar management, full autopilot management, and so much more :smartass:

Have you seen that also you can export the MFD on an other screen since the vesion 1.2.3 of FC3?

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

Great job Wasserfall :thumbup:

I still wonder why you did not populate the left and right sides?

You can do many things be alive using the SIOC and MasterCards, like a "real" SPO, full radar management, full autopilot management, and so much more :smartass:

Have you seen that also you can export the MFD on an other screen since the vesion 1.2.3 of FC3?

Thank you for pointing that out to me!

But i don't know if i should wait for DCS Su27SM, that would be a major rebuild:)

Maraudeur what is the status of your pit? any pictures??

Regards,

Wasserfall

• 3 months later...

Well after I find this tread I been dreaming to get in my hands a Su-27 stick, to whom one's have to talk to get one of thous???.

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Well after I find this tread I been dreaming to get in my hands a Su-27 stick, to whom one's have to talk to get one of thous???.

Unfortunately the stick is on hold for now.

HPO has stopped working on it, we very much regret that.

If we ever continue work on the stick we will let you know.

Regards,

Wasserfall