important config files location

blackturbo

Hi all,

its been awhile since I made backups of my controls and monitor settings. as I have about 5 seperate controllers and spent weeks mapping them.

I forget, where all these config files are kept. I need to get these backed up asap cause I think my HD is failing. can somewon tell me the important file locations that contain my key mappings, I know where the monitor files are.

this is for version 1.5.

thank you, and happy flying!

mark

Hi all,

its been awhile since I made backups of my controls and monitor settings. as I have about 5 seperate controllers and spent weeks mapping them.

I forget, where all these config files are kept. I need to get these backed up asap cause I think my HD is failing. can somewon tell me the important file locations that contain my key mappings, I know where the monitor files are.

this is for version 1.5.

mark

To the best of my limited memory, In your "system drive letter/user/user name/appdata/roaming/saved games/dcsfolder/config/input/specific aircraft". That will at least get you in the general area.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Ok now I remember, thanks alot. and do you know, if I upgrade to the new 2.x version, and select "keep my 1.5 version too" , do you know if Ill have to reconfig my monitors and all my controls again for them to work on the new version? thanks

• ED Team

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\config\input for control profiles

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 years later...
36 minutes ago, jackd said:

Not on my Windows Enterprise system; there's no Saved Games folder ....

pretty sure that DCs is not meant to be used on enterprise PCs, try it on your home computer 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 7 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 4:51 PM, blackturbo said:

Hi all,

this is for version 1.5.

mark

You should save each Joystick throttle Kb Arduino device for each plane  to a  backup drive or location... easy to do and you can then use a standard KEYBOARD layouts for all aircraft by using the load feature.  FYI  .   Or at least save the ones you spent a lot of time on (A10C).