X-52 Pro Review...rofl

I'm looking at getting a new HOTAS. I have a Top Gun afterburner II which I really like, mainly for its simplicity and the rudder padels mounted on the throttle.

I can't find any more of these sticks (the pots on mine are getting pretty crap) and am considering a second hand CH setup or an X52.

Is the pro stiffer than the original? I'd need to mod the original if I was to get that, its too loose for my liking. Also, has it got rudder padels like the Top Gun and the X45?

Anyone got any suggestions.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

I'm looking at getting a new HOTAS. I have a Top Gun afterburner II which I really like, mainly for its simplicity and the rudder padels mounted on the throttle.

I can't find any more of these sticks (the pots on mine are getting pretty crap) and am considering a second hand CH setup or an X52.

Is the pro stiffer than the original? I'd need to mod the original if I was to get that, its too loose for my liking. Also, has it got rudder padels like the Top Gun and the X45?

Anyone got any suggestions.

I had TM AB II as well, oh boy will you feel the difference (no mater wich the 2 of the setups you will get)!

I dont know how I could survive with the TM piece of crap for so long. X52 realy helped me with increasing the kills (unfortunatly, later FC took the oposite blow). I advise you to change as fast as you can, you wont regret it.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

......Is the pro stiffer than the original? I'd need to mod the original if I was to get that, its too loose for my liking. Also, has it got rudder padels like the Top Gun and the X45?

Stiffer than the original due to dual-spring, but not by much. Difficult to compare/give a definitive answer as it is very subjective.

As to Rudder Pedals, has none. Flight-Stick itself has 3D-Twist for Rudder Control.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Heh, a well-paid guy I guess, writing with so much 'enthusiasm'. I tested the vanilla x-52 is the shop, and I hated it, the thing is way too sloppy, the lights are reatrded. The whole set reminds me of christmas somehow :P Heh, and that all coming from a guy who owns an EVO. Why can't Logitech make durable sticks that don't wear out in 2 months? Those things are stable, give good resistance, giving you the feel that you control something, and not play air guitar. Yet, I hate Logitech sticks wholehartedly.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Heh, a well-paid guy I guess, writing with so much 'enthusiasm'. I tested the vanilla x-52 is the shop, and I hated it, the thing is way too sloppy, the lights are reatrded. The whole set reminds me of christmas somehow :P Heh, and that all coming from a guy who owns an EVO. Why can't Logitech make durable sticks that don't wear out in 2 months? Those things are stable, give good resistance, giving you the feel that you control something, and not play air guitar. Yet, I hate Logitech sticks wholehartedly.

It can be wroked arround:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=21199&highlight=improve

Tension too light? No problem.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=21199&page=2&highlight=improve

My PC specs below:

yep, I dont use them either.

My PC specs below:

When I got more money, I might choose a cougar with a force sensor mod. It would be great to play Falcon4 with a cougar.

My x52 only last less than one year without very intensive use. X52 is still a very nice stick. But CH is more linear, accurate, with more powerful script function. And also I like its military looking.

i still use the ms precision 2 and the x36 throttle..if u can imagine making those to work as one for a profile is a real nightmare..anyway that IMO is the best stick i have used(MS) its greatly precise and that exactly what i need for flying in formation..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

The X52 is unrealistically sloppy, while the X45 is a bit too stiff. The cougar stick doesn't feel anything like a real controller because of its dual springs however the throttle is quite nice. I haven't tried a logitech.

Generally the control feel will stiffen with increasing speed, and because you can't simulate this is why its so easy to over G at high speeds in lomac. In reality the stick would be so heavy that you could move it quite small amounts very precisely.

But I just can't use the X52, it's just so sloppy. I think if I mounted it lower and centered it between my legs I could use it.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

I am using X52 THROTTLE and Saitek ST290 Joystick!!!, as long it works and basic button will do since I have a touch buddy handy :)

the X52 joystick's rudder is screwed, so I have to put aside and plugged in ST290. the difference between X52 joystick and ST290 joystick. the ST290 is mucher more stiffer compare to X52.

I might go for X52 pro when I have extra money ready :)

Hope that helps.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

Colt The rotary buttons yes the two round buttons witch i use for Rudder trim and elevator trim are too small and flat and hard to feel them. the one from Cougar or even the X45 are 1000 % better Big and precise. In th X52 those 2 rotaries make it feel very toyish!! alas.

Maybe with a mod ? or if someone did already found a fix for .

Fly it like you stole it..