Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Hi,

a perhaps stupid question but: how do you capture a base when you pilot a Viggen for example? Is there a specific target to destroy? the runway perhaps but Viggen doesn't have durandals.

Thx

In every mission there is a briefing text. Read that and you will know exactly what and how things must be done.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

We just had our first session in the new mission Prince of Persia.

In a matter of 3+ hours Red was able to capture all 6 airbases and won the day. Only one airbase was captured by Blue, but was then recpatured 40-50 minutes later by Red.

Red had 4-5 Mi-8's working all the time. Blue had 1-2 UH-1's that actually dropped after capturing that one airbase. They did manage to activate the Mirages though.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hey Alpenwolf,

As you know a big fan of what you're doing and the changes made etc. Thank you for keeping up the hard work.

This isn't a request post mainly a question.

With more new blue aircraft coming online more so than reds have you got any plans to implement the new aircraft coming?

Blue have the Corsair, Harrier FRS.1 coming in the very near future etc and the reds at the moment just have the Flogger coming. Blues already have a more wide range of aircraft I personally feel.

Will these new jets make it onto cold war? Is there an option to open up more of what reds we have from the start of a mission? Mig-29A etc?

Also and it's more a geo-political point of view but perhaps a short term fix to equal out the reds could be to give reds the harrier - Indian navy ran the Harrier. Could work?

Anyways just a thought.

Keep up the good work on the server.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

@ HR-Crumble:

Red:

MiG-15, -17, -21, -23, (maybe -27) and MiG-29A. The latter very limited and must be activated.

L-39, Su-25 (sometimes Su-25T).

Ka-50, Mi-8 and the Mi-24 is on the way.

The MiG-27 is the only speculation or wish here. The rest is available or has been confirmed.

I'm aware of the fact that Blue receives more modules. Same thing with the modern jets. Su-27/33 and MiG-29 (none of which full fidelity modules) vs F-4 (confirmed future module), F-14, F-15C (probably F-15E as full fidelity module), F-16, F-18, M-2000C etc. (all/most full fidelity modules and more is on the way!)

So it's obvious that Red will always be at the shorter end of it. However, if you check out the air defences Red has, Blue is in big trouble! So you see who's the attacker here and who's the defender (might wanna ponder over it in terms of real life military doctrines. Although, let's just stay in our virtual world of DCS here).

The more modules Blue will get, the tougher the Red defences will be; Tunguska's, Tor's, etc.

If it's a simulator then let's try and simulate some scenarios here. Not saying my missions are so accurate when it comes to that, but I'm always trying with the given modules and options at hand while never neglecting the fact that people at the end of the day just want to have fun.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@ HR-Crumble:

Red:

MiG-15, -17, -21, -23, (maybe -27) and MiG-29A. The latter very limited and must be activated.

L-39, Su-25 (sometimes Su-25T).

Ka-50, Mi-8 and the Mi-24 is on the way.

The MiG-27 is the only speculation or wish here. The rest is available or has been confirmed.

I'm aware of the fact that Blue receives more modules. Same thing with the modern jets. Su-27/33 and MiG-29 (none of which full fidelity modules) vs F-4 (confirmed future module), F-14, F-15C (probably F-15E as full fidelity module), F-16, F-18, M-2000C etc. (all/most full fidelity modules and more is on the way!)

So it's obvious that Red will always be at the shorter end of it. However, if you check out the air defences Red has, Blue is in big trouble! So you see who's the attacker here and who's the defender (might wanna ponder over it in terms of real life military doctrines. Although, let's just stay in our virtual world of DCS here).

The more modules Blue will get, the tougher the Red defences will be; Tunguska's, Tor's, etc.

If it's a simulator then let's try and simulate some scenarios here. Not saying my missions are so accurate when it comes to that, but I'm always trying with the given modules and options at hand while never neglecting the fact that people at the end of the day just want to have fun.

Perfect answer thank you Alpenwolf.

We can see where the reds have extra AAA and air defense as the reds did IRL in the cold war.

I can see you're not a harrier fan in the server so I'll stop asking for that .

It's also pleasing to see you're thinking about the 23 and it joining the ranks as well.

As before - keep up the good work.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the issue with the Harrier is the capability of the AV-8B/NA being far beyond anything else in the server - when the FRS.1 comes I wouldn't be surprised to see it here or there. I'd prefer it stay on Blue. I'm not a big fan of bizarre coalitions to give one team a particular aircraft, if I'm honest.

Prince of Persia rocked yesterday all the way into early morning hours!

No sure what happened after UTC 01.00 but it sure was a sandstorm over there..

Red had 4 airbases and Blue 2. Minutes before I left Blue managed to capture a third one so it was 3:3. Would've loved to know how it ended!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Would it possible to make so that helicopters can deploy SAM sites on all missions?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Would it possible to make so that helicopters can deploy SAM sites on all missions?

That's available in most missions already as you might know. Some missions' scenarios wouldn't really allow it, I'm afraid. I'll look up the missions again and see what can be done. Not promising anything though.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Отличный сервер!Спасибо автору!С удовольствием летаю на МиГ21)Жаль не встречаю здесь Руско говорящих парней).Но всём рад).Можно увеличить количество самолетов МиГ 21?Очень часто всё они заняты)

Отличный сервер!Спасибо автору!С удовольствием летаю на МиГ21)Жаль не встречаю здесь Руско говорящих парней).Но всём рад).Можно увеличить количество самолетов МиГ 21?Очень часто всё они заняты)

What?

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Я должен сохранить такие цифры. Иначе будет хаос!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I agree!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I only flew Mig21 on Cold War so far. Great server. I wonder if the viggens get full featured mission dics?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I only flew Mig21 on Cold War so far. Great server. I wonder if the viggens get full featured mission dics?

Huh?

:disgust:

What?

Exactly.

The player rigo crashed in to me on the taxiway. When i pointed that he should open his eyes before he starts to taxi. The guy started to behave rude and was locking me up on with his radar.

The player rigo crashed in to me on the taxiway. When i pointed that he should open his eyes before he starts to taxi. The guy started to behave rude and was locking me up on with his radar.

Smart move, but the chat screenshot proves you wrong

Smart move, but the chat screenshot proves you wrong

Well you started behaving like a di*k.