Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

31 minutes ago, Conker4 said:

Is there a chance we can stop the limiting of some missiles, with the low numbers available there have been people who are new or dont know what they are doing taking them and wasting them. same with the ka-50 and the ground attack missiles.

I understand your pain. Unfortunately, I can't do that. At some point I'd end up increasing the number of everything to compensate for that. Might as well just keep things unlimited then. You know what I mean. There is always a downer to everything, mate.

8 minutes ago, Conker4 said:

oh, one more thing, are we allowed to use the nukes the mig 21 can load ?

No! Are they enabled?!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Bolt1 said:

Alp , what happened with the Mirage being in the mix ? Surely if you allow the MiG 29 & F14 in limited numbers on a map , there shouldn’t be an issue bringing this bird back in as well . 

There is a certain skill involved when flying F14, in comparison M2000 flies itself...

• Like 1

The Mirage used to easily, far way easier than the F-14A or B to dominate the skies. Way better systems onboard. Besides, it's such a small plane to spot compared to the Tomcat. With more airplanes coming down the road (like the F-1), the M-2000C was taken out for good. I had it in there for roughly 2 years until the F-14B arrived, then switched to the A when that one was released.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

18 hours ago, The_Tau said:

@Alpenwolf

And I am guessing correctly you are going to nerf F14 even more when Early version of F14A comes out? 😛

Is there even an earlier version that is coming out?!

16 hours ago, AK_ said:

Is there a way to see which planes get which weapon types in each operation for instance when the L 39 get the R 60m?

It's the same in every mission. Su-25's get their R-60M's only in missions where they spawn at separate airbases. L-39's spawn mostly together with MiG's.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

54 minutes ago, AK_ said:

Is there a way to see which planes get which weapon types in each operation for instance when the L 39 get the R 60m?

Can L39 even get R60M? I thought that missile is MiG29 only

You can check in rearmament channel, if you manually load each station, it should tell you whats available and in what quantity 

Just now, Alpenwolf said:

Actually 2 more versions.

F14A early with earlier version of RWR 

ALR-45 preview from HB's Facebook: hoggit

Dashes and lines and audio tunes are used to determ radar signals

And also Iranian F14A version

which has the least of toys like no external fuel tanks, no TCS camera set, and other stuff

maybe even earlier weapons too

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The_Tau said:

Can L39 even get R60M? I thought that missile is MiG29 only

You can check in rearmament channel, if you manually load each station, it should tell you whats available and in what quantity 

Actually 2 more versions.

F14A early with earlier version of RWR 

ALR-45 preview from HB's Facebook: hoggit

Dashes and lines and audio tunes are used to determ radar signals

And also Iranian F14A version

which has the least of toys like no external fuel tanks, no TCS camera set, and other stuff

maybe even earlier weapons too

But is it coming to DCS? That's what I meant. Besides, the Iranians have developed missiles and avionics themselves. Who knows how good or not those are. Would be interesting to have them included though.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Yes, Heatblur have already confirmed that there will be 2 more Tomcat variants coming out
No ETA on their arrival as of yet AFAIK.

Quote from this update, on upcoming variants:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/252101-dcs-f-14-development-update-enter-the-a/

On 11/4/2020 at 3:40 AM, Cobra847 said:
  • F-14A-95-GR: Early F-14A for IRIAF. These jets will have certain limitations and modifications, such as the lack of TCS and fuel pylons.
  • F-14A-135-GR (Early): This will be an earlier representation of the F-14A, equipped with the ALR-45 RWR and will also come with a number of minor variations such as early gun vents, alternate de-fog systems, and other minor differences between late and early ALR-45 equipped F-14A’s.
  • F-14A-135-GR (Late): This version represents a later, ALR-67 equipped F-14A.

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

3 minutes ago, BonerCat said:

Yes, Heatblur have already confirmed that there will be 2 more Tomcat variants coming out
No ETA on their arrival as of yet AFAIK.

Quote from this update, on upcoming variants:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/252101-dcs-f-14-development-update-enter-the-a/

Now imagine, just imagine, we get earlier versions of the MiG-21 and the F-5!!!

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

Now imagine, just imagine, we get earlier versions of the MiG-21 and the F-5!!!

Would be sweet, but i highly doubt we will

Introduction of Mirage F-1 and MiG-23 will shake up the cold war setting quite a bit tho

A semi-historical scenario set in the Iran-Iraq war, with the MiG-21, MiG-23 and Mirage F-1 on the Iraqi side, vs F-5's and Tomcats and maybe some day F-4's on the Iranian side would be interesting (tho Phoenix would probably have to be removed for the sake of balancing)

Edited by BonerCat
  • Like 1

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

49 minutes ago, BonerCat said:

Would be sweet, but i highly doubt we will

Introduction of Mirage F-1 and MiG-23 will shake up the cold war setting quite a bit tho

A semi-historical scenario set in the Iran-Iraq war, with the MiG-21, MiG-23 and Mirage F-1 on the Iraqi side, vs F-5's Tomcats and maybe some day F-4's on the Iranian side would be interesting (tho Phoenix would probably have to be removed for the sake of balancing)

Future plans are for the future, mate. I have something on mind already. In fact have had it for years while waiting for the bloody F-4 😉

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

6 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Future plans are for the future, mate. I have something on mind already. In fact have had it for years while waiting for the bloody F-4 😉

True that
Just chucking out an idea 👍

Modules:

Maps and others:

56 minutes ago, Shadow KT said:

Can the Open Range mission be rotate ones the objectives are complete ? Especially when Blue has lost its FARP and its Assault Force

You know you can retake the FARP? Well, you have backup UH-1's at Maykop (I know, far away), but still. All they need to do is deploy 2 Bradley's or the like, and with some coordinated CAS and/or SEAD the Bradley's should be able to push forward and recapture the FARP.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

23 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

It's the same in every mission. Su-25's get their R-60M's only in missions where they spawn at separate airbases. L-39's spawn mostly together with MiG's.

I think the A model we currently have is a late one. There should be a 14A early model coming, and an Iranian early 14A too.

Also, any chance to ban this guy (Tmoney)? I don't think I've seen a more deliberate teamkill (I was flying straight trying to kill the Viggen, no other friendlies in my front arc), and both Zachrix and I have had issues with this guy when we've been in 29s and 21s. He checked in on comms when I GCI'd for a couple hours, never bothered to call fox or IFF (even though I have 2 tails and the enemy didn't have Tomcats slotted, and I'm not a supersonic A-10 at altitude). He went real quiet and zero apology.

Screenshot (105).png

Edited by LegionCW

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

You know you can retake the FARP? Well, you have backup UH-1's at Maykop (I know, far away), but still. All they need to do is deploy 2 Bradley's or the like, and with some coordinated CAS and/or SEAD the Bradley's should be able to push forward and recapture the FARP.

Maybe if the Assault force is still alive (If FARP captured and Assault Force killed = RED WIN ?) ? But overall... I can't see enough people being bothered to organize and recapture it. You would need at least 2 helicopters constantly flying in with units, first something to attack and capture it, then logistic units, or are there units which automatically spawn ?

Not my favorite mission, if I may say so 🙂

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days