Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried Beams changes below:

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.4

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

alters only the ampcd

and

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

alters everything else

and I find that for my eyes, I like the brightness of all 3 viewports. However, I do agree that the lower MFCD can be hard to read when the map is showing. To solve this problem, I typed out a template for that screen and placed it in my TM MFD and just use the buttons on the TM MFD for when the map shows.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Just tested, even with todays update (2.5.2.19273.411), you still have to alter the numbers as suggested by Right Stuff to have a crispy picture exported.:noexpression:

I tried these for now:

stroke_thickness = 0.2

stroke_fuzziness = 0.3

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 3

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 1.1

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.2

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.3

(Flying with a 43inch 4k TV setup, maybe hud lines get too thin/faded on lower resolutions)

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Just tested, even with todays update (2.5.2.19273.411), you still have to alter the numbers as suggested by Right Stuff to have a crispy picture exported.:noexpression:

I tried these for now:

stroke_thickness = 0.2

stroke_fuzziness = 0.3

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 3

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 1.1

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.2

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.3

The problem with this, for me at least, is that the HUD and DDIs become a little bit too crispy, and show aliasing. But I will try these settings when I'm home, hoping that the hud does not fade away.

The IFEI has indeed a very thick invisible „left border“.

So if you want to have the visible area just near the left border of your fourth screen, you should try an X-value of ca. 5900 and iterate it, until it fits.

Thanks!

That worked out fine :thumbup:

I always paid attention not to overlap the other screens so far, but I see the point now... :)

Callsign   SETUP

Now the RWR looks crappy... very thin lines and not readable.

I've tried messing with the definitions inside the RWR init lua file but with no significant success.

By the way, can you control the default brightness of the UFC to be brightest by default??

Thanks.

Callsign   SETUP

Hi, since the update only my left and right DDIs will export, despite me performing the fix mentioned, did the names of the other viewpoints change too?
I'm experiencing this same issue and have not been able to figure out a solution.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Just another airhead :megalol:

Hi, since the update only my left and right DDIs will export, despite me performing the fix mentioned, did the names of the other viewpoints change too?

ED modified only the two DDI (left and right) files.

So you need to continue using my files for the other viewports.

Remember to use a mod manager like JSGME or OVGME to install those files. Every update overwrite those files.

Edited by Capt Zeen

Capt Zeen you are a demigod ???? You did a perfect job again ???? I'm already using the A-10C, KA-50, Huey and Su-25T Helios profiles, which are also perfect. (LG DM2352+Dell S2240T)

My only question is, are you making a Helios profile for the Harrier? :joystick::joystick:

Thanks!

4sx1tcsf9dopna41n2gf.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After the patch:

DPI1Ejy.jpg

Ok....

ED has activated the viewport export for the DDI in this patch, so we dont need to overwrite those luas anymore.

So.. what you need to do?

-First, remove the monitor configuration lua files from DCS using JSGME or OVGME ( probably you installed the files with one of those programs)

-Now, in the folder monitor_configuration of the profile package, you need to delete the folder MDI_IP1556A from Monitor configuration\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group

- Edit the AMPCD_init.lua and set shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

- Now you can install again the modifications using JSGME or OVGME.

In the 2_monitors-FA18C.lua you need to change F18_LEFT by LEFT_MFCD

and F18_RIGHT by RIGHT_MFCD. Thats the names ED uses in his files.

With this changes you will see something similar to my screenshot

I did the Fix as written, but I can see only the two DDI Left and Right. I don't see all other view, like UFC, AMPCD, IFEI or RWR . .

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !!

I have it.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

After using your modified files for the rest of exports, everything is working again.

I had to mess with the draw size to get visible graphs on both ingame and exported. I suspect using different resolutions on the various screens has something to do with this.

Oh, and I also have the RWR problem. It looks like before using the draw as wire option on the patch before this one. I have not found anything to solve this for the moment.

I'd also like to know if there is some way to have to UFC go max brightness per default.

Thank you so much for this profile, Capt Zeen.

Espero que no te importe que haya hecho algunas pequeñas modificaciones para mi uso, como agrandar los botones de los DDI. Sé que así no es realista, pero desde luego más usable en mi panel táctil.

Captura.thumb.JPG.871b95e9cc02a1b42900b5a8b6525aba.JPG

for some reason you are not using the correct luas for the other viewports.

check if you are using my files, you need them for the rest of viewports.

I found my error and fixed it !!

Everything, but RWR, works great !!

Thanks for your support !

Giancarlo

Hi

I posted a question in the Home Cockpits section but haven't had any replies so i thought someone in this thread might have an answer. I'm not using helios but just a simple straight export of the displays to a second monitor.

Here's a copy of my previous post:

"Hi there.

I have two monitors, one of which i have exported the f-18's two DDI's, the IFEI, RWR and AMPCD to.

I altered the ViewportHandling.lua so that they are not rendered in the 3D cockpit.

All is working ok but what I would really like to do, is to enable the AMPCD to be rendered in the 3D cockpit but keep the DDI's, RWR and IFEI blank. Is there a way to do this, to be able to choose which individual instrument gets rendered?

I would like to be able to do this because I cannot zoom in on the exported AMPCD when its on my second monitor. I can in the 3D cockpit and it becomes much clearer and easier to read when doing so. I would like to be able to continue to do this while at the same time stopping the other instruments from being rendered.

Hope the question makes sense. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Milli"

Regarding the RWR, I have it on a fairly legible level though I feel it might be better...

In /Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Scripts/TEWS/indicator/RWR_ALR67_init.lua I changed it to

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 3.0

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 1.0

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

I can read it on the second screen though I would like it to be thicker still...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

NO images in HELIOS editor

Downloaded Capt Z's profile for the f18, but in editor I get NO Cockpit images, just a few red boxes with X's in them. I use Helios with the A10 and works great and can edit the A10 cockpit but not on CAPT Z's helios profile

Regarding the RWR, I have it on a fairly legible level though I feel it might be better...

In /Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Scripts/TEWS/indicator/RWR_ALR67_init.lua I changed it to

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 3.0

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 1.0

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

I can read it on the second screen though I would like it to be thicker still...

Thanks, I used your fix and that works fine !

Thanks !

Downloaded Capt Z's profile for the f18, but in editor I get NO Cockpit images, just a few red boxes with X's in them. I use Helios with the A10 and works great and can edit the A10 cockpit but not on CAPT Z's helios profile

Revise where you installed the images of the profile. if you see red boxes with X's in them is because the images are not in the correct place.

Capt Zeen, I noticed you put a new zipfile for download in your site (export.lua restructered). It has 1 folder (Helios, with 2 files - HeliosCore.lua and HeliosExport.lua), and 1 file (export.lua). I don´t know where to insert the files inside the Helios folder, and noticed the new export.lua is too small (4 lines).

How to arrange this new set of files, and what "old files" I have to replace/discard?

I have it set up so that it is in /saved games/openbeta/Scripts/Helios/then the 2 Lua files go in the Helios folder. The new export script just goes in the Scripts folder.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .