Default DDI views?

Oban

Is there any way you can start off in quick start with the DDI's set up to the way you want them? As opposed to the default views?

Current setting is Left DDI A/A weapons display and Left is A/A Radar..

can this be changed to different pages?

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Would be nice, I agree. It’s pretty annoying to have to chance it every time you load in to (for example) the Case I Recovery Quick Start Mission.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Would be nice, I agree. It’s pretty annoying to have to chance it every time you load in to (for example) the Case I Recovery Quick Start Mission.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!! This mission in particular, by the time I sort out my DDI's and drop my flaps, hook and gear I'm either in the drink or in the groove and in panic mode !! :megalol:

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

It takes 4-6 clicks and a maximum of 10 seconds to set them both up...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It takes 4-6 clicks and a maximum of 10 seconds to set them both up...

and taking your hand off the stick and then using your mouse ;)

10 seconds when it could be set as default is 10 seconds less looking where your mouse is ! :D

I'ts the same clicking around the cockpit, I don't have a fancy HOTAS set up, where you can have a trackball like the Warthog, all I was asking was can the default DDI set up for IA's be changed somewhere ;)

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

It would be nice to have customize-able MFD pages/switch positions for air starts and ramp starts for all modules, not just the hornet. I tire of having to double-check every switch, set up DDI/MFD pages, turn on the RWR, turn off/on external lights, etc. when air starting or runway starting.

It would be nice to have customize-able MFD pages/switch positions for air starts and ramp starts for all modules, not just the hornet. I tire of having to double-check every switch, set up DDI/MFD pages, turn on the RWR, turn off/on external lights, etc. when air starting or runway starting.

It stands to reason that if you're practicing landings, the DDI's would be set up as such, with HSI. HUD and TACAN etc views, and not configured for Air to Air engagements ;)

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Yes!! This mission in particular, by the time I sort out my DDI's and drop my flaps, hook and gear I'm either in the drink or in the groove and in panic mode !! :megalol:

You can use ‘active pause’ while setting up the ddi’s. Saves you the wet feet.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

and a maximum of 10 seconds to set them both up...

It would take much less if the cross cursor actually was visible. It is in 640x480 or maybe even 800x600, but not in modern resolutions.

Desparately need an actual GUI scale feature. Button's there already, but it does nil.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

the hornet is already extremely stable, i dont understand how you can't just set your vvi to a safe spot and take your hand off the stick

you shouldnt be fiddling with the gear and flaps with your hand off the stick though. get your stuff set up and work those once you're ready to fly the plane again.

Edited by probad

the hornet is already extremely stable, i dont understand how you can't just set your vvi to a safe spot and take your hand off the stick

you shouldnt be fiddling with the gear and flaps with your hand off the stick though. get your stuff set up and work those once you're ready to fly the plane again.

Once again, not everyone has fancy HOTAS set ups, so there's a need to switch to mouse interaction/keyboard interactions, it's like why are all the instant action missions set up for air to air combat??

All I'm asking and nobody yet has said if it was possible or not, can the DDI's be set up differently for user preference on mission startups, for instant action missions.

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I remember a option in the Mission Editor to prepare the plane, maybe that is a way to do it?

Open mission in Editor, Prepare, save to my missions to prevent getting overwritten by next dcs update. worth a try, i think.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Once again, not everyone has fancy HOTAS set ups, so there's a need to switch to mouse interaction/keyboard interactions, it's like why are all the instant action missions set up for air to air combat??

All I'm asking and nobody yet has said if it was possible or not, can the DDI's be set up differently for user preference on mission startups, for instant action missions.

Active Pause

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I'm aware of the active pause, it's a cheat, not really a solution, do real F18 pilots enter the pattern in A/A mode, or are they set up well in advance to their landing configuration?

So far nobody has said it's possible, through .lua editing to have different displays as preference to when entering free flight, or instant action mode.

I'd like to have my HUD displayed on the Left DDI, TACAN on centre and HSI on the right, when I start in the air.. I'm guessing right now it's not possible then. Perhaps in the future, or save my pennies and get a new HOTAS :D

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Eating lunch at work and I can't remember whether triggers only track cockpit arguments or can set them too.

If they can set them, it would be a non-trivial task, but if you were to keep track of what you do to set it up, you could look up the commands in the clickable data .lua, and set a trigger to push all the buttons the correct number of times in turn as the mission launched.

Cheers.

Eating lunch at work and I can't remember whether triggers only track cockpit arguments or can set them too.

If they can set them, it would be a non-trivial task, but if you were to keep track of what you do to set it up, you could look up the commands in the clickable data .lua, and set a trigger to push all the buttons the correct number of times in turn as the mission launched.

Now that sounds like something of interest!

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit