Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

On 10/19/2023 at 10:42 AM, Bankler said:

No such plans. You're free to use the current versions and create on if you want though. It might be easy, but you may also run into problems depending on how different that boat happen to be in terms of height, lens position, wire positioning and so on. Might turn out to be a complete can of worms.

Yeah, probably won't work in the wires on in the groove, but i'll give it a try. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 10/19/2023 at 12:38 PM, markturner1960 said:

Impressive, especially in the Tomcat.......well flown! Couple of questions, do you use auto throttle at all and how much use of the DLC do you make? 

My best so far has been a 63 in the F14, but I have done a 70 in the Hornet twice......

Interesting how the IFOLS overlay shows you low all the way in then high over the bow and landing. I think its wrongly calibrated for the Tomcat personally and dont turn on, I just try and use the one on the deck.

Thanks mate!
It's funny that you mentioned the DLC. Most (ot of the few) viators i've had the chance to interview or ask about it, recommended using it only in few short bursts, usually when starting high, to correct the glide slope lower. However, having the luxury of an axis to assign to it (i use a Virpil TFX stick), i find myself repeatedly using to make very fine adjustments of the slope, often VERY minor. Like.....say, 10% or less of total possible input. And i use it to increase lift as much, if not more then to decrease it. That being said, i almost never resort to full DLC up or down, but only partial inputs and then the spring-loaded axis auto-centers. I have an occasion used a continuous input as well. At times, i just can't seem to find the proper trim or engine power, and while i'm in the groove i may, say push the DLC wheel a wee bit down, to spoil the lift for the amount my trim or power generate extra. Those are very small corrections though. Seldom more then 1/4 or 1/5 total axis input.

As for the auto throttle, i've never used it myself. Neither in the B, nor in the A that i usually fly. I don't even have it mapped on the my hotas. Heck, i don't even know where in the cockpit it is! 😄 I just don't trust auto-anything in the Tomcat all that much. Be it throttle or pilot! 

Yeah, you are most likely right on the IFOLS. I think it's a long standing issue to, at least for the A. I'm not sure if they ever fixed it for the B, as i haven't flown a boat operated B in more then a year now 😕 

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

The DCS 2.9 track files look much better with respect to their accuracy....been flying alot of approaches and finally think I have some idea of what to do 🙂 

Would like to do a better job of capturing the VR cockpit camera view....Not sure how to zoom out when replaying.

Regards, Tim

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it was just me. At the same time, glad and sad to see i'm not the only one 😕 

• Like 1

I too am experiencing the same symptoms after updating to 2.9.1.😮‍💨

The strange thing is that

When I view or play a track, it scores normally.

I don't know why.

🤔

Edited by Richard Lim

* 메인 모듈: F/A-18C,E,F,G * 서브 모듈: F-16C, F-15E, F-14B, A-10C, A-10 II, AV-8B, F-5E, A- 4E-C, AH-64D, UH-1H, UH-60L, SU-25T, TF-51D, 기타 FC3(A-10A, F-15C, MIG-29A, MIG-29S, MIG-29J, SU -25, SU-27, SU-33, J-11A) * 소유권 지도: Caucasus, Mariana, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada, South Atlantic, Sinai, Normandy2.0(1944), The Channels * 기술: SuperCarrier,WWII Units, CombineArms, NS 430 * 소유 장비: WINWING Orion2 그립+F/A-18 호넷 그립, WINWING Orion2 스로틀+F/A-18 핸들(+핑거 회전), Thrustmaster TPR(Pendular Rudder) , TrackIR+Pro 클립

On 2023. 11. 18. at 오전 10시 6분, marcoy said:

어제(2.9.1.48111) 최신 OB 릴리스 이후 트레이너가 작동을 멈춘 것 같습니다. 아무것도 트리거되지 않습니다. 다른 사람도 같은 문제가 있습니까?

건배

I too am experiencing the same symptoms after updating to 2.9.1.

The strange thing is that

When I view or play a track, it scores normally.

I don't know why.

* 메인 모듈: F/A-18C,E,F,G * 서브 모듈: F-16C, F-15E, F-14B, A-10C, A-10 II, AV-8B, F-5E, A- 4E-C, AH-64D, UH-1H, UH-60L, SU-25T, TF-51D, 기타 FC3(A-10A, F-15C, MIG-29A, MIG-29S, MIG-29J, SU -25, SU-27, SU-33, J-11A) * 소유권 지도: Caucasus, Mariana, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada, South Atlantic, Sinai, Normandy2.0(1944), The Channels * 기술: SuperCarrier,WWII Units, CombineArms, NS 430 * 소유 장비: WINWING Orion2 그립+F/A-18 호넷 그립, WINWING Orion2 스로틀+F/A-18 핸들(+핑거 회전), Thrustmaster TPR(Pendular Rudder) , TrackIR+Pro 클립

FWIW my understanding is there is some issue on MT with event triggers, so this may be an issue 

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yep, the scripts don't launch, ST and MT checked

I will try to find some time to look at it. I know that there was some problems with compatibility between 2.9.1 and Moose (which I'm using), so maybe it's related to that.
Many thanks

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Here's a very quick test version with updated Moose. I haven't tested it more than confirmed that the score starts tracking and I don't get any weird warnings in the log. Please test it if you have the time, and let me know if anything seems off.

@zildac @captain_dalan @japagi @speed-of-heat @Richard Lim @Cobalt135 @Mad_Taz @Iriya @Cepheus76 @marcoy

Thanks a lot for the reports. Much appreciated!

TrapTraining_MP_SC_2_7_3_TEST.miz

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Hi Bankler,

I tested your 2_7_3_Test mission. Did SH, worked. Changed to pattern mode, that worked. Changed to break mode, that worked as well with a landing, then tested Case3 mode, that worked as well. Then back to pattern mode with LSO and feedback disabled, all worked as expected. Point system worked for each variation. I didn't use the recovery tanker, but it was circling above, as expected (I checked in TacView, it looked correct). By the way, all that on my public MP server (where your mission runs most of the time 😀)

Thanks for your support!

Fresh

Edited by Fresh

On 11/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, Bankler said:

Here's a very quick test version with updated Moose. I haven't tested it more than confirmed that the score starts tracking and I don't get any weird warnings in the log. Please test it if you have the time, and let me know if anything seems off.

@zildac @captain_dalan @japagi @speed-of-heat @Richard Lim @Cobalt135 @Mad_Taz @Iriya @Cepheus76 @marcoy

Thanks a lot for the reports. Much appreciated!

TrapTraining_MP_SC_2_7_3_TEST.miz 1.38 MB · 31 downloads

I can confirm that the test version works. Thank you so much for the fix @Bankler