Airfield Static Templates for Caucasus Map

Rudel_chw

I want to share a Set of Static Templates that I edited to provide scenery objects and air defense for each Airbase of this Map, making use of the nice objects provided by the VPC Airfield Equipment Mod created by @voc

You can download an updated version of this Mod from this post:

The files are in OvGME format for use with a Mod Manager, please note that the Mod has actually two packages, as it must go both into the DCS program folder and into your Saved games folder.

Since the equipment is different for each coalition, I edited two versions of each template: one for Blue Coalition and one for Red. It is important that, when creating a Mission that will make use of these Templates, you have to include USA on the Blue Coalition, and Russian on the Red one, otherwise the template will not load properly.

Also, these templates are set on a Modern era, using SAMs and modern vehicles, so they are not very appropiate for using with WW 2 aircrafts.

The Templates can be downloaded from these links:

http:// https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312219/ (Red Coalition, updated 09/2020)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312297/ (Blue Coalition, updated 09/2020)

To install, just uncompress the zip file on DCS' saved games folder .. on my case that is in /saved games/dcs.openbeta/

It will put the templates on the folder /StaticTemplates/

Note that the VPC mod should go on /Mod/tech/

Rather than have one large Template with all the airbases on it, I choose to have more flexibility and have each airfield on a separate Template, that way you can load just those airbases that you need for your current Mission, using the Load Static Template menu of the ME:

sjaBiKZ.jpg

You can load a Template on an existing mission, it wont delete any existing unit, it only adds its own. You can load as many templates as you need, as they dont delete previous content.

These are a few sample airbases:

gAyl5sh.jpg

L3QZF6C.jpg

8jFdVZH.jpg

I tried to not go crazy adding objects to each airfield, in order to not affect too much the performance of DCS. On each airbase I added AAA and SAM units for its defence, and a couple of ground units that patrol the airbase perimeter, also some static planes to give the base more life. I also added light towers to provide better lightning during the night, they illuminate from 20:00 to 6:00

Here are some photos of how they look:

HY6ejvE.jpg

v3AJhQG.jpg

7sNZZjv.jpg

HVfUXbh.jpg

xyrscB3.jpg

The templates can't be edited, but you can create a new .miz then load the template, make edits on the mission and then save as a new template (or replace the existing one if you use the same filename).

Best regards,

Edited by Rudel_chw
Added updated link to download the VPC Mod.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Wow, that looks really, cook. Gonna try it tonight. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

You are most welcome, hope you find them useful :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

Please can re-upload that link does not work anymore?

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Do all airfields have Civilian Aircraft on them? If so can they be removed easily?

No, the airfields have airfield equipment only, including also AAA, SAM & infantry defenses. The civilian aircrafts are part of a separate Template (that I will share once its fully bug-free), that I use for giving more "life" to the airfields :)

Please can re-upload that link does not work anymore?

Download link not working.

OK, I will fix the link on a few minutes, thanks for letting me know ... it was lost when making order on my drive :( sorry about that.

You may also want to take a look at a set of similar templates that I edited for Iran:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3666926&postcount=2

I intend to do a similar set for the Emirates airfields, when finished I will share them on that same thread.

Best regards

Thanks for sharing!

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Hello

First of all thanks for the templates.

But when I open the missionbuilder and load a template. All works well. But I cant save the mission. And also I cant start a mission after I placed my plane.

I put all in de saved games dcs folder.

Maybe someone knows whats wrong? I also did a repair but that didn't work.

i5 7600K OC 4.4, MSI Z270 Sli plus GTX 1080 OC, 2x16 GB Memory 3000 MHz, Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog, VKB pedals TrackIR 5.

Hello

First of all thanks for the templates.

Hello,

You're welcome :D

But when I open the missionbuilder and load a template. All works well. But I cant save the mission. And also I cant start a mission after I placed my plane.

And if you dont use a template, if you just edit a normal mission, can you then save it?

It's hard for me to see what could be the problem on your end, so I'm now uploading a video to YT showing how I use a couple templates to create a new mission in less than 5 minutes .. it will take a short while, I will update this post when the video is ready, then you can better see how the templates are supossed to function.

Edit: Here is a short video, that highlits how quickly the static templates allow you to flesh out a mission .. I hope it will allow you to detect why it doesnt work for you:

g55C4njZv6w

I put all in de saved games dcs folder.

Correct, I do the same, like this:

Mission files (.miz) go within /Saved games/dcs/missions

Static Templates (.stm) go within /Saved Games/dcs/StaticTemplate

Skins go within /Saved Games/dcs/Liveries

Beware that the name of the DCS folder within Saved Games may be different for you, for example some people have it named DCS.openbeta

I also did a repair but that didn't work.
Keep in mind that the repair tool touches only the program's files, located at /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World ... so if your problem lies within your Saved Games filetree, it wont be fixed by that tool.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

I can't load blue field objects into my finished mission.my field is blue

Only red objects are loaded on the blue field.But how it change to blue?

my blue coalition is Germany,my red coalition is Russia

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

I can't load blue field objects into my finished mission.my field is blue

Only red objects are loaded on the blue field.But how it change to blue?

my blue coalition is Germany,my red coalition is Russia

Hello,

I'm sorry, I should have stated that the Templates for Blue airfields use USA country as owner of each object; and those of Red airfields are owned by Russia.

You can still use Germany, but you need to add USA to the blue coalition in order to be able to load the whole template .. it wont affect your mission, but USA has to be on the Blue coalition.

The mission editor doesnt allow to change the coalitions once the mission has been created, but you can use this Mod to perform such a change:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168720

Edit: I used the above Mod to update your first Mission ... tough I must say that I edited these Templates for a more modern conflict, they are not really apropiate for II WW ... you will have to modify it to delete the SAMs and modify the AAA and vehicles, exchanging them for more era-apropiate ones.

I will update the thread to be more clear about the countries that need to be on each Coalition in order for the Templates to load.

Best regards

Eduardo

3 Spitfire vs 109.miz

Edited by Rudel_chw

Ok!Thanks!I understood

I changed each unit for my mission from USA to Germany :D

Ok, remember that You can save your edits as a new template, to use on future missions,

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

First of all, that's a really great job!

Second, does it impact the FPS a lot? What about the compatibility with the latest 2.5.6.58125 Open Beta?

Thanks for your help ;)

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro