NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Sorry for noob question. I can't seem to restart the engine after landing and rearming. I land, park, shut off the engine (Lshift+end), request rearming. After rearming, I request ground power. Press start button (clickable button or Lshift+home), but I can't seem to right click the throttle like during initial start up. Yesterday I reinstalled with the newest hotfix. But still have the issue.

Am I missing something?

Did you left click the throttle a couple times when you shut off the engine? If it’s not all the way off when you try again that might be the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all ,

Its really hard to fly this bird in VR.

Non of the Switch's and knobs are sync with the mouse and its hard to found the right place to use them .

any one solved this problem ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Did you left click the throttle a couple times when you shut off the engine? If it’s not all the way off when you try again that might be the issue

I can left click twice to shut down, but the throttle remains 'unclickable' after that. (my cursor doesn't change from the yellow "+" to the vertical green arrows like it does on initial startup or shutdown.

Here is a quick video of the way I do initial startup, as well as post landing shut down and attempted restart (skipped rearming for brevity's sake).

One more thing about landing, hold your nose wheel off the ground as long as possible and stay off the brakes. Once the nose wheel comes down brake hard.

hey Mesha, got the thing to stop with the spoilers. But in the guide it says to push forward on the stick after landing to make sure the front wheel is on the ground. The spoilers require weight of the front wheel for them to work.

Noticed this guy in a real A-4 pushing forward on the stick right after touchdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df1J1WrXXtA

Dir the VR Offset Problem

When you start the mission or join the server , choose another plane first (or enter the A4 and leave it again)

At the second time you enter the A4 , all switches are in place and carrier start works without freeze.

Binding brakes on a (not momentary) hardware switch helps a lot , works like a parking brake

Anyway to change the girlfriend picture in the A4 cockpit?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 yrs USAF MSgt retired AMMO Munitions Tech

Red Flag 4 times

Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.7, FE RTX 2070 Super, 32 gig ddr 4 @2933, 500gig m.2...850 evo 240 ssd, 1 tb 7200rpm storage drive, X56 HOTAS,

Track Ir 5-retired....HP Reverb v2...VR

F 16C blk 50

F/A-18C lot 20

Community A-4E

Mirage 2000

By the book, the Bantam Bomber is something else.

'Gimp | DISCO CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

scooter.jpg.2d66d75be25fefa10c07e207baba20d9.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Anyway to change the girlfriend picture in the A4 cockpit?

Check Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C\Cockpit\Textures. There's a lookatthisphotograph.png file in there that you need to replace. I have good results after some trial and error with creating a transparent 1024x1024 image that contains the actual picture in 660x896 size, offset 182/64 from the top left corner. This is just a close approximation that works fine, putting it in bigger will cut off some. Attached a basefile for this as GIMP xcf and png. Fill the black area with your photo and hide the white frame layer (in xcf, png has that transparent already).

lookatthisphotograph-base.zip

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Had some fun already scooting the Scoots 01-scoot_left.gif

For a mod this is is quite impressive 01-scoot.png

Oh and this thing goes hard if you push it... just see screenshot - not breaking up like the Harrier which should be able to do the same salute.png

Is there a way to slow down the head tracking though, when I pan around in my F18, it's slow, but the Scooter is pretty quick, maybe due to a smaller cockpit.

Seen this in some modules, go to axis config and put Saturation Y down to 50 for TIR pitch and yaw axes rainbowdashwink.png

1 compass on canopy gives opposite heading from HSI

2 gunpod muzzel flash animation is in the wrong place...too far back and too high

Noticed as well... also:

Tail scraping the ground while there's still plenty of room - can't aerobrake properly

Once I wanted to abort the engine startup by left clicking the throttle, because the startup interrupted the arming process - engine spoolup went on and regardless of throttle position (ie locked in idle cutoff) the throttle axis worked and I could fly with throttle setting that should have shut the engine down - plus, I couldn't do exactly that anymore, kept on running...

Rotating knobs with scroll wheel surpasses their limits

The Mobile Gas Turbine Compressor floats above the ground

Is there a way to stop the constant looping canopy or flaps sound or at least an edit I can make to remove it all together?

Was wondering about that sound as well... aj-hm.png

932505271_DCS2018-12-0200-08-07-99.thumb.jpg.7b2af38ea8dd04c004091f43aef58c9c.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

As a Mod this aircraft cannot engage with the Carrier system, just line up, hold brakes, set flaps full, trim is 7 or 8 I think, then run the engine up, release the brakes and it will accelerate like it is on the catapult but it won't raise the JBD or get a reply from the boat.

Hook does work although it disengages quickly so be ready to get on the brakes once you've caught a wire and decelerated and keep throttle low when on the boat due to the built-in carrier takeoff code.

So, it's confirmed... just the way I used to do, I was afraid I missed or did wrong something.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer as well, Acro Gimp.

With best regards.

For cold and dark start on the carrier , bind the wheelbrakes to a switch and engage it when you enter the cockpit, works great

Wow, never thought this might work! I don't have any switches on my hotas setup so never thought that might solve it. We'll work on creating a more permanent solution, but this is great. Thanks for letting us know!

An update for some of you who may not have followed the original dev threads, I'm very infrequently on the forums but do check back ever so often. If you have any pressing issues, please feel free to PM me and I'll get back in a few days. I've been on a short hiatus as well due to the holidays and work, but am working on implementing fixes for our upcoming update this month (v102). Thanks all!

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Anybody else getting this - USS Stennis, catches wire at deck level, rises to about 12 ft at max wire stretch, drops wire, nose dips into deck and it moves along like this to its parking spot, turnes, reverses and goes level, parks, still 12 ft above the deck.

Tried it with other Mod Carriers in game, removed those to see if it was a conflict with those, same issue in all cases.

Can't see any obvious reason for this to happen, any ideas ?

[ATTACH]199066[/ATTACH]

I'm not really sure what's causing it, It's one of the biggest standing bugs in my opinion. I'll be working to resolve it but am not quiet sure where the issue originates from. Hoping to figure it out though.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

can sombody pls just briefly tell me how to get the external lights on the A4 working ? I see all the switches on the outter right console ... position light ..anti collision light... light steady or flashing switch etc.. I turn all the switches to on but nothing happens .. is there any master battery / or light switch or something ?

I get the jet engine running as told in the turtorial , all working fine , only trouble I have is getting the external lights to work..

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

can sombody pls just briefly tell me how to get the external lights on the A4 working ? I see all the switches on the outter right console ... position light ..anti collision light... light steady or flashing switch etc.. I turn all the switches to on but nothing happens .. is there any master battery / or light switch or something ?

I get the jet engine running as told in the turtorial , all working fine , only trouble I have is getting the external lights to work..

Master light switch is a pinky switch on the outside of the throttle.

ALL - cribob has updated SRS with support for the Scooter!!

'Gimp | DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

Well, in a previous life I was a technical writer and I have written NATOPS spec Flight Manuals, Pilot's Pocket Checklists, Functional Check Flight Manuals, Advanced Handling Characteristics training Pamphlets and such.

SO, I have undertaken to develop a NATOPS style Pilot's Pocket Checklist for the Community Scooter - will be a WIP for a while but with a full NATOPS Flight Manual available it will be quick to draft the PCL then modify for DCS limitations. Intent is to be KneeBoard Builder friendly when done.

I'll post up the WIP as it is developed but here is the cover.... we'll test it in the Diamondbacks to ensure it is accurate.

PCLCOVER.thumb.png.e01d38308012bc9fd5b513f798b80969.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]