NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

You may be onto something here. I just tried it. But, aerodynamically, that only works from 80 knots and faster. Below 80, and definitely at 70, there is no lift that sufficiently increases weight on wheels, and A-4E lands with spoilers out. Spoilers add drag without contributing to lift, flaps increase drag but increase lift. A-4E spoilers create slight down vector lift, increasing weight on wheels after touchdown for improved traction. Stick forward at 70-80 knots IAS and faster would push the nose down increasing weight on front gear only. But slower then that, there is insufficient air flow over wings and elevators to make a difference one way or another. I am experiencing poor brake performance at 60, 50 knots. Below 40 and slower at taxi speeds, wheel brake performance is acceptable. But I find myself, at that speed, running out of runway. I aerobrake (at 10 AOA) untill a/c rotates itself and fnt gear touches, then apply wheel brakes and drag chute (in aircraft that have one). Common wisdom is that pilot should not force fnt gear down , let the aircraft aerobrake and rotate down on its own. Perhaps that rule is relaxed in A-4E-C. So it just seems that in A-4E-C , stick fwd while engaging wheel brakes is a quirk of this module. I think we can live with that, given that rest of the mod is really good. I have DCS: AV-8B/NA and Harrier is my favorite module, followed by A-10C, then F-5E is behind Hog, as it is simple to fly and fight, and very fun mod. A-4E-C , fills similar notch as F-5E. Straightforward, high performance, small, nible type. Plus we have training opportunity to practice carrier approaches with actual trap.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

Morning fellow dcs'ers

One small problem i'm having everything works fine start up, taxi, take off and flight but every time I try to land boom explosion. Now either i'm doing something wrong or there's a problem i'm not sure which. I admit im using 1.5.8 as my computers getting on a bit and cannot use 2.5 is that the problem ? any suggestions ?

Heinz

Post mission track. Off hand, check your aircraft configuration and watch your vertical velocity (VV), sometimes called sink rate. Touchdown with -5 m/s (or feet per second) or less.

Check aircraft pre-landing config.

Speed Brake out

Flaps DOWN

SPOILER ARM ON

Gear Down & Locked

AOA around 10-12 deg and use Glideslope Indicator.

130 knots air speed at runway threshhold

VV less then -5 meters/second

Can the interior cockpit color be changed? Visually, I have problems with very dark or total black cockpits. A dark blue, green, or a shade of grey would help. If, not, no big deal. I'll try to learn as is.

I don't think you can easily change the cockpit color, but most fighter, attack and civilian aircraft have a black and white cockpit design. Try turning the floodlights on and increase the instrument illumination, that makes the cockpit brighter.

Lighting.JPG.72f4662d040bef5d8eab8ca4059d6040.JPG

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Post mission track. Off hand, check your aircraft configuration and watch your vertical velocity (VV), sometimes called sink rate. Touchdown with -5 m/s (or feet per second) or less.

Check aircraft pre-landing config.

Speed Brake out

Flaps DOWN

SPOILER ARM ON

Gear Down & Locked

AOA around 10-12 deg and use Glideslope Indicator.

130 knots air speed at runway threshhold

VV less then -5 meters/second

Thanks for the reply i'll give it a go

Heinz

My DCS crashes every time, when im trying to start from carrier`s ramp with A-4E. Is this bug?

From the original post of this thread - bugs section:

Aircraft cannot cold start from a carrier deck due to carrier movement and use of the huffer for startup.

Known solution: Start all carrier missions hot

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

From the original post of this thread - bugs section:

Aircraft cannot cold start from a carrier deck due to carrier movement and use of the huffer for startup.

Known solution: Start all carrier missions hot

Ok, thanks, so its a bug. I hope they will fix it. BTW mod is awesome. Thanks a lot guys! :thumbup:

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Ok, thanks, so its a bug. I hope they will fix it. BTW mod is awesome. Thanks a lot guys! :thumbup:

I think it's more a limitation due to their limited access to the DCS code actually. So not really a bug.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

And there are 3 versions of mod also - A-4E 100, A-4E 101 and A-4E 102. I ve installed A-4 E 102.

Is this the last version of the mod? Thanks!

Yes, version 1.02 is the latest (link in first post of this thread).

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Can this mod use AGM-45B? Or only "A" version?

In the current state you can only use the AGM-45A. I don't know if another version of the Shrike is planned. But there are loads of other weapons. ;)

In the current state you can only use the AGM-45A. I don't know if another version of the Shrike is planned. But there are loads of other weapons. ;)

Thanks for answer! Is there any Manual for A-4? Because there are a lot of systems in this plane, and I want to learn about it. Is TACAN and ILS systems working? Or still WIP?

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Thanks for answer! Is there any Manual for A-4? Because there are a lot of systems in this plane, and I want to learn about it. Is TACAN and ILS systems working? Or still WIP?

You can try Wheelyjoe's guide here, post #42: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225016&page=5.

I think it's the best you can find at the moment.

TACAN is working on fixed (ground) stations. ILS not but INS with two waypoints.

So A-4 TACAN system is not working on carrier's ATM?

Correct. :cry:

The TACAN can only detect non-moving, static stations (ground) due to an SDK limitation, so you have to use the INS to get close to the Boat and then find it visually, like real life.

One way is to plot the course of the Boat and predict LatLon every 12-18 minutes and just have a reference table of location vs time hacks. If it is X time the Boat is a t Y coordinates, this is how they would have done it IRL.

Helps if you set the Boat to cruise at speeds that are easily divisable by 6 or 10, so 12, 18 or 20 knots - makes the math for Boat position easy (Boat is moving 1 nm every 5 minutes at 12 Knts) - then fly the approach at INS ground speeds that are easily divisable by 5 or 6 (240 and 300 kts) to make the math in-cockpit easy (example: plane is covering 4 nm per minutes over the groundsea at 240 on the INS groundspeed, 5nmMinute at 300).

It is very rare the Boat is just cruising around with TACAN on since it gives away the position of the Boat.

So instead of TACAN, you set an INS waypoint at a location that is equivalent to the Case III hold point from a known location of the Boat, and fly the Case III tofrom that point - I will be posting a video demonstrating this later today.

The navigation methods echniques though will be the same as my TACAN Non Precision Approach video

With this method you can actually fly non-precision Case III approaches, including holds, in low visibility conditions, like real life.

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

After I land, I bring up the rearming screen and after selecting weapons, the plane stays empty. This also happens when I need more fuel. Everything works when I start the mission.

Any ideas as not sure this is a bug. Update: Found topic a few pages back and think that I have to have the canopy open. Doh!!!!!

Cheers

Edited by tmansteve

After I land, I bring up the rearming screen and after selecting weapons, the plane stays empty. This also happens when I need more fuel. Everything works when I start the mission.

Any ideas as not sure this is a bug. Update: Found topic a few pages back and think that I have to have the canopy open. Doh!!!!!

Cheers

Yep, gotta keep the canopy open to chat with the ground crew. :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Limit of non-SDK aircraft, you can only refuel with engine on (canopy open), re-arm requires you shut the engine down, don't do it on a carrier because you cannot start on a moving carrier currently.

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot