Razbam AV8B cockpit texture designer, are you Satan child?

arturojgt

Hi Everyone.

I think that the AV8B is one of the most beautiful planes in DCS but I'm having an issue with the cockpit texture designer:

Why the hell have you put a protective film (badly stuck) on the engine instruments panel?

Do you want me to have a heart attack one of these days? I'm constantly looking at that evil thing, my monitor has several scratches were that thing is located.

just tell me, WHY? :doh:

outside of the jokes, can anyone tell where is that evil thing located (cockpit texture)?

Edited by arturojgt

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

LOL, getting some OCD triggered?

Well kudos to the texture artist :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

LOL, getting some OCD triggered?

Well kudos to the texture artist :thumbup:

Hahahaha, here in Argentina it is very common for people to leave the polyethylene covers of the car seat, on the television remote controls, the refrigerators, etc., they also put things in polyethylene bags and then again into another bag to protect the inner bag.

I just want to remove that texture from the cockpit.

Some credit to Razbam here. I know the thread starter isn’t bashing Razbam, but I would like to say anyway that I think their cockpit textures are a great balance between looking beautiful and good performance. I get great performance from their modules in VR. They are also a developer that does very good cockpit mirrors and feel pilot bodies are important for immersion and the one in the Mirage looks great.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Some credit to Razbam here. I know the thread starter isn’t bashing Razbam, but I would like to say anyway that I think their cockpit textures are a great balance between looking beautiful and good performance. I get great performance from their modules in VR. They are also a developer that does very good cockpit mirrors and feel pilot bodies are important for immersion and the one in the Mirage looks great.

Yes, I totally agree with you, that was just an intro with a little touch of humor, the AV8B is my favorite plane in DCS, they made a wonderful job, BUT, I just want to know if I can remove that little thing. I saw several people modifying texture in cockpits.

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

Holy cow... You're right. It does look like they left the plastic protective coating on the glass.

Arg, "what has been seen cannot be unseen". I can't help noticing it now. Damn!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

GOD DAMMIT arturojgt!! I cannot stop noticing it now...

never gonna fly the Harrier again till its fixed!!!

RAZBAM!!!

i7-6700K || 64 GB DDR4 || GTX TITAN X 12 GB || TM Warthog HOTAS ||

TheAwesomePedals || OpenTrack-Custom clip || Logitech G13 and G35

F-14 | F/A-18C | A10-C | AV-8B NA | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | Ka50 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | FC3 | CA

Caucasus | Nevada NTTR | Persian Gulf

If you can build it why not!!!

GOD DAMMIT arturojgt!! I cannot stop noticing it now...

never gonna fly the Harrier again till its fixed!!!

RAZBAM!!!

Hahaha, I’m not alone any more, thank god.

Holy cow... You're right. It does look like they left the plastic protective coating on the glass.

Arg, "what has been seen cannot be unseen". I can't help noticing it now. Damn!

Hahaha, that little touch of reality is gonna make a winner of a “just trough the windows maverick hit” to that designer.

:pilotfly:I think it's proof you're flying a brand new plane. Take if once we get out of EA, Beta, or whatever we're in.

Me every time I look at that spot.

e88ca0e053792671ebe3258b4318fd4c.gif

Please remove the cellophane when you make the Sea Harrier FRS1 cockpit Razbam :thumbup:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I think it's just an awkward 'reflection'

d2ai2Lj.png

and if you look closely to the bottom right corner, you can see it starting to peel off

EDIT: good attention to detail RAZBAM

F-14 | F/A-18C | A10-C | AV-8B NA | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | Ka50 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | FC3 | CA

and if you look closely to the bottom right corner, you can see it starting to peel off

EDIT: good attention to detail RAZBAM

The Razban designer:

32ca4e612a9fa57dcd55b176ddb3adc0.gif

Me:

10e284d0cb14b285ce5efbd6d1592fe8.gif

Razbam AV8B cockpit texture designer, are you Satan child?

Problem solved, it was just my imagination.

b5fb3493feacca9884c477e9a47a59af.jpg

BUT, I don’t know, I only use VR and here look like a protective cover for me.

Edited by arturojgt

Hehehehe!!!!This is Great!!! I Once left the protective film on a graphics card I replaced by mistake........My Wife used to pass me by when I was on PC and say"Do you smell something burning???":D:D:D:D I only found out after I upgraded my GPU....Never told Wife She was Right!!!!:D:D:D:D

Patrick

mini.gif

• 2 weeks later...

@Phantom88, wife is never right!!!

Well regarding mirrors. That feature in AV8BNA is not really good. It is blurry and blocky. To be fair, with exception of DCS: F-5E, and almost useless tiny mirror in DCS: MIG-21bis, mirrors in remaining DCS modules, FC3 included, look terrible. DCS:F-5E mirrors is how all DCS mirrors should be. Crisp, same screen space pixel rez as monitor setting, cover more then 0 degree off bore-sight, and not sucking up more then 2-3 FPS from in flight FPS.

Problem solved, it was just my imagination.

b5fb3493feacca9884c477e9a47a59af.jpg

BUT, I don’t know, I only use VR and here look like a protective cover for me.

OGM so that line is actually a baked-in reflection :(

I honestly am starting to get the feeling that someone at ED discovered they could make baked-in reflections, and that they would be received as some kind of jump in realism, so they are telling everyone, -here, baked-in reflection, everyone will love them... smh.

For 6 months we've been screaming about them in the P-51 and Spitfire canopies (horrendous), and now they are turning up here as well. At least here they are only mildly irritating to amusing, but if they appear in the canopy here like in the P-51 and Spitfire, I'll sell all my sh*t an move to IL2, I swear.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1