Trim bug?

ThorBrasil

Does the trim have anything special? It's automatic? Do you have to turn on a key? When the airplane is off and you start the engine, the Trim UP and Down does not work. Is there something I have to do to work? Thanks for this great plane. :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

On ground does not work. In Air has time that works correctly but not after.

I've done everything and the trim does not work. The pressurizing of the oil varies greatly and even turns off the airplane.

The trim works for me to start but I keep getting a runaway nose up trim for no discernible reason.

This is because of the Trim.

We saw the same thing multicrew then it was ok again. Runaway full nose up trim ,. Both back seat and front seat with different controls (obviously) but then it fixed itself after respawning.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Does extending the speed brake activate the trim. I think it did correlate to it actually. But it hasn't been a problem for a little while now.

Yes. This is a new feature of EFM. Extending the speedbrake activates the trim to compensate pitch moment that speedbrake creates. If you keep the speedbrake button depressed the trim will keep working. You need to be careful with this and take it into account.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Yes. This is a new feature of EFM. Extending the speedbrake activates the trim to compensate pitch moment that speedbrake creates. If you keep the speedbrake button depressed the trim will keep working. You need to be careful with this and take it into account.

So in real aircraft the trim keeps moving when using the speedbrake switch even when the actual speedbrake doesn't?

Edited by Retu81

Thank You! :thumbup:

Isn't there a fuse button or something in the cockpit that disables this? Been a while since I've gone through the manual.

This trim thing caught me on 1st flight. I watched how it acted while setting on runway before take-off. When you turn airbrake off, it takes a looong time for trim to come back to normal. In air (while knowing that trim takes looong time) I could never get the plane to come back from high nose up. I just had to quit the flight. I was stuck at about 130 knots, with stick pegged forward and couldn't get down to runway. If I let go of stick, I ended up with about an 80 deg. pitch up. I don't think that on this 1st flight, the trim would ever come back to normal operation. (but I totally understand that I may have just screwed the pooch during the operation)

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

This trim thing caught me on 1st flight. I watched how it acted while setting on runway before take-off. When you turn airbrake off, it takes a looong time for trim to come back to normal. In air (while knowing that trim takes looong time) I could never get the plane to come back from high nose up. I just had to quit the flight. I was stuck at about 130 knots, with stick pegged forward and couldn't get down to runway. If I let go of stick, I ended up with about an 80 deg. pitch up. I don't think that on this 1st flight, the trim would ever come back to normal operation. (but I totally understand that I may have just screwed the pooch during the operation)

It's the same with me.

Exact same issue here, for me was up to 5 minutes until i had to restart the flight... pressing trim for nose down did nothing.

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

1. Confirmed: Full NOSE UP trim in transit on the ground with every flight - CANNOT trim Nose Up/Down

2. Cleared All HOTAS and Rudder Controls from all column's to confirm no conflict - No Joy.

3. Nose Up/Down Trim mapped and remapped to HOTAS (THW) trim hat. No Joy

4. Nose Up/Down Trim Key Commands also do not work (for me).

However...

5. Emergency Elevator Trim switch is the ONLY thing that will move trim up or down.

6. Trim will transit to Full NOSE UP if Emergency Elevator Trim Guard is returned to closed position.

[EDIT] After further reading the responses to a similar post, I realized this issue does in fact have something to do with Spoilers Retract. Still a little confused since that switch was neutral, but that resolved it. CC is fun to fly - looking forward to further study. Well Done, thanks!

Edited by MRSHADO
Resolved

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

@Mrshado: delete your C101CC and C101EB input folder in saved games (make a backup first).

See the attached screenshot. When the speed brake is in transit you will see black bars over white.

Start any mission with the airplane already started (hot on ground or hot in the air), right after the mission starts, check if the speed brake position indicators show as in the attached picture without you touching any controls on your joystick. If you see the speed brake in transit, that means you have some button assigned to speed brake IN or OUT and depressed (their name in input options are Airbrake -Extend and Airbrake - Retract).

226785432_Speedbrakeintransit.thumb.jpg.7f43b66430a9a7ca905f872f8db481a3.jpg

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Mrshado: delete your C101CC and C101EB input folder in saved games (make a backup first).

See the attached screenshot. When the speed brake is in transit you will see black bars over white.

Start any mission with the airplane already started (hot on ground or hot in the air), right after the mission starts, check if the speed brake position indicators show as in the attached picture without you touching any controls on your joystick. If you see the speed brake in transit, that means you have some button assigned to speed brake IN or OUT and depressed (their name in input options are Airbrake -Extend and Airbrake - Retract).

Done. I got it working. :thumbup:

There wasn't a conflict before (I'm positive about that), but it seemed as if the de-energized (middle) position after Retract was not being recognized - Trim Up continued unabated.

I have since switched it to "Toggle Airbrake" and everything seems to be working just fine.

Thanks for the help - Again, great model!

-Shado

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

I had the same problem with the thrustmaster hotas warthog. I assigned the airbrake switch of the hotas for extending and retracting. What I noticed finally is that if the switch is kept in the retract position, not the midle position, the trim pitch up goes to max, and is not possible to control the trim with the trim switch of the stick with the airbrake in retract position. I need to move the airbrake switch to middle position to regain control of the trim. Not a big deal, but I wonder if it is not a small bug.

By the way, congratulations for your great work. It's very nice to fly. I've two in my hangar to share flights with my little son !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had the same problem with the thrustmaster hotas warthog. I assigned the airbrake switch of the hotas for extending and retracting. What I noticed finally is that if the switch is kept in the retract position, not the midle position, the trim pitch up goes to max, and is not possible to control the trim with the trim switch of the stick with the airbrake in retract position. I need to move the airbrake switch to middle position to regain control of the trim. Not a big deal, but I wonder if it is not a small bug.

By the way, congratulations for your great work. It's very nice to fly. I've two in my hangar to share flights with my little son !!

I've tried to explain it, not to mention that it's also described in our manual.

This is a feature of this aircraft!

If you hold the speed brake button depressed the trim keeps working to compensate speed brake momentum (pitch up or pitch down effect if you extend or retract it).

Procedure: hold speed brake depressed until speed brake is extended or retracted (watch indicator) and then release it. Otherwise trim will keep working.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]