In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

9 hours ago, JimBo* said:

does this work in F-15E WSO position, or am i doing something wrong?

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Does it work anywhere else?

It depends if you are in SP or MP. 
In MP, in the context where the LUA scratchpad script is running, it is possible to determine that the player is sitting in the WSO or CPG seats and the coordinates input will be done from whatever set the "load button" was pressed. Unfortunately, in SP that "role" is always Pilot, no matter in which seat you are, so the coordinates input will be done from the Pilot seat, even if you are seating in the other.

• Like 2

but is it really necessary to be a txt file?
can't it be a .lua file?
a .lua file can be face loaded via DOFILE command!

dofile("c:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/scratchpad/0001.lua")

just edit via notepad++ scratchpad-hook.lua
with replace command find .txt replace with .lua and replace all
save and you're done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I am certain that I am having a case of the noobz with entering waypoints into the Strike Eagle. I hop onto menu1 in a cold start jet (once everything is running) and when I transfer to the jet, everything falls apart in the scratchpad once it rolls from 1A to 2A. It just sits on 2 and continually tries to press buttons and flashes an error state.  I don’t try to do anything else, just grab some points and transfer. Do I need to modify the first waypoint on scratchpad in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance. 

21 minutes ago, Str][ker said:

Hi! I am certain that I am having a case of the noobz with entering waypoints into the Strike Eagle. I hop onto menu1 in a cold start jet (once everything is running) and when I transfer to the jet, everything falls apart in the scratchpad once it rolls from 1A to 2A. It just sits on 2 and continually tries to press buttons and flashes an error state.  I don’t try to do anything else, just grab some points and transfer. Do I need to modify the first waypoint on scratchpad in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance. 

You might be getting bitten by the timing bug that happens when framerate is too fast. 

IF you are using the Modded Scratchpad by Draken:

Edit the line:

local TICKS = 1 -- To slow down processing, increase this number

in the file "02-QWERTY_KB and Load Coordinates.lua"

in the "C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS[OpenBeta]\Scripts\Scratchpad\Extensions" folder

Increase the 1 to something higher. Depending on your framerate, it could vary. I would start with 3 and work your way down/up from there.

Edited by Recluse

40 minutes ago, Str][ker said:

Thanks in advance. 

Just in case, make sure that you are not trying to override 1A since it is read only. Check the read me for details in how to change the default start waypoint (WSS) 

54 minutes ago, Draken35 said:

Just in case, make sure that you are not trying to override 1A since it is read only. Check the read me for details in how to change the default start waypoint (WSS) 

This is EXACTLY what I was doing wrong! Thank you for both taking the time to create this and share it with us all as well as helping me out. I'm working on a video to demonstrate this amazing bit of work which you did to improve upon Scratchpad! I had been using The Way plus Scratchpad to kludge together something which works for VR then someone mentioned what you had here and it's so much better! Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 5:36 PM, Draken35 said:

A-10C / A-10C2 added.

Unfortunately needed another update to de base code, so it is a a full replacement.

Read the readme for instructions

dcs-scratchpad (Draken35)-0.7.0.230925a.zip 26.63 kB · 26 downloads

Thank you!  I still have Questions, as I can't get TheWay to work properly, but Scratchpad works fine (although I had to set a different number for 'X' in the CheckBox for VR use.) It has been a very long search for along time to find answers that work for me.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

1 hour ago, Ramstein said:

Thank you!  I still have Questions, as I can't get TheWay to work properly, but Scratchpad works fine (although I had to set a different number for 'X' in the CheckBox for VR use.) It has been a very long search for along time to find answers that work for me.

You didn't post a question 🤨

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

20 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

what is "TheWay"? 

The WAY is another app for entering waypoints directly. It does NOT work in VR though there are some recent updates that at least allow mapping of HotKeys to do some of the work in VR, but the Interface is not VR visible.

IMHO ScratchPad  is the far better solution for VR users.

THE WAY:

https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay

Edited by Recluse

Thanks, It has nothing to do with DCS scratch pad, please don't thread hijack create your own, but i suggest you look at the FAQ...

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

8 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Thanks, It has nothing to do with DCS scratch pad, please don't thread hijack create your own, but i suggest you look at the FAQ...

I wasn't thread Hijacking, I was ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION (WHAT IS THE WAY)...

If you don't want answers, then don't post questions.

Edited by Recluse

8 minutes ago, Recluse said:

I wasn't thread Hijacking, I was ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION (WHAT IS THE WAY)...

apologies that should have been directed at Ramstein 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 hours ago, Draken35 said:

Nice! Thanks for driving in the README first point 🙂

Thanks! I know that the majority of questions can get answered by reading the instructions which most don't do. I get it, people get impatient and want to have fun already but that frustration and delay can be prevented with 2 minutes of reading so I try to emphasize reading it. 🙂