In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

2 hours ago, NatoAviator said:

Ok. I figured it out with Hot Key Insert + Keybind for Voice Attack!

@Draken35 It is possible to add a Hot Key for "Load Co-ordinates" Option...so this function can also be controlled with Voice Attack?

Don't know if it is possible or not or what kind of change to the base code that would entail but it is not a modification I would do.

@Draken35
First of all, thank you for the scratchpad addon. I have 2 questions though.
1: Is there a way to edit the input srcipt so it inputs the waypoints faster in the F-15E? 
2: With the F-15E, I was wondering if you could add 2x Clear presses and 1x Menu press at the start of every input so you can start inputing coordiates from any UFC page? (so you don't have to start from UFC menu 1)

Thanks

Edited by Super Weasel

On 10/14/2023 at 10:56 PM, Steel Jaw said:

How well does this work in the Hornet? 

Depends on what you mean by "well"... But it will load the coordinates faster that any of us can do it manually... The procedure and requirements are in the read me and there is a video a few post above, that demonstrates the functionality

On 10/14/2023 at 10:35 PM, Super Weasel said:

@Draken35
First of all, thank you for the scratchpad addon. I have 2 questions though.
1: Is there a way to edit the input srcipt so it inputs the waypoints faster in the F-15E? 
2: With the F-15E, I was wondering if you could add 2x Clear presses and 1x Menu press at the start of every input so you can start inputing coordiates from any UFC page? (so you don't have to start from UFC menu 1)

Thanks

#1 In 02-QWERTY_KB and Load Coordinates.lua , function loadInF15E 
  local F15TimePress = 8-> change 8 to a lower number to speed it up or higher to slow it down...  Originally it was 15, and TBH, don't know why it is so high

#2 is actually a good idea...Thanks!

Additionally, I also change the the default sequence start to 2 in the F-15E until such a time when Razbam make WP 1A read/write 
Attached file goes into <your saved games folder>\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Scratchpad\Extensions

Obviously, this works only with my fork of Scratchpad, posted here:
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/195700-in-game-scratchpad-mod-available-works-great-in-vr/?do=findComment&comment=5296239 

(See a couple of post below for an update)

Edited by Draken35
fixing script
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2023 at 5:36 AM, des06 said:

Hello Draken35

One thing i've notice is that i can not introduce T10 on the Harrier (AV8B), it recognices T1 to T9, but not the T10.

Otherwise... Best MOD ever!

Good catch! Thanks!

Fix attached -- SEE a few post below for an update

Edited by Draken35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, des06 said:

Hi Draken35

Still doesn't work for the T10 on the mighty AV8B, thanks

Don't what you are doing, but it is working for me.

But it seems to be some sort of bug with the Harrier that does not allows to select T10 in the EHSD if T10 is the only target point in the system.
My first test was loading one target point T10 and I was unable to access it from the EHSD, but the point was there in the data page. Not something I have control over. 

BTW, you are linking my profile on this site and that does not notifies me... Use the @ function... 

image.png

Edited by Draken35
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2023 at 10:56 PM, Steel Jaw said:

How well does this work in the Hornet? 

It works very well. I actually demonstrate this in the video which I made for this amazing add-on.  In it I use this modded version of scratchpad to grab the coordinates of 8 parked bombers at an airbase and then have them entered for me into the aircraft as 8 new waypoints. It's blazingly fast! I then use these waypoints to program 8 x 500lb JDAMs and then fly to the base to ripple all 8 off to their targets. 

As for Voice attack, you can use voice attack to send any key combinations which you want so with the mod, you would want to assign hot keys for toggling Scratchpad open / closed and for selecting the coordinates on the map when grabbing waypoints. I think though that you will still need to manually click the button to load them to the aircraft which in my opinion is just fine as it's not something to be done too often. A trackball is great for VR if you have one or if you want to splurge, ask Santa for a Razer Tartarus V2. It's great for these kids of hot key actions.

@jnr4817 @SPAS79

Seems that there is a little confusion on who is doing what. Basically, @Binary (rkusa in github) published a version of Scratchpad that allows for extensions. I grabbed his code and modified it to allow coordinates entering into several modules. Other than that, I do not have any affiliation with him and/or his github. Also, I do not "work" with github and I don't think I will...

Now, I do not fly the H-60 mod and I don't think I will either, so do not expect me to add coords entry for it in my code, but feel free to do it yourself.

Edited by Draken35

45 minutes ago, Draken35 said:

@jnr4817 @SPAS79

Seems that there is a little confusion on who is doing what. Basically, @Binary (rkusa in github) published a version of Scratchpad that allows for extensions. I grabbed his code and modified it to allow coordinates entering into several modules. Other than that, I do not have any affiliation with him and/or his github. Also, I do not "work" with github and I don't think I will...

Now, I do not fly the H-60 mod and I don't think I will either, so do not expect me to add coords entry for it in my code, but feel free to do it yourself.

Ah right. No I meant it now reads coordinates correctly for the H-60 series of modules. I didn't know you made something that *enters* coords in modules. I will need to have a look, as I've been using TheWay for that...

15 minutes ago, SPAS79 said:

Ah right. No I meant it now reads coordinates correctly for the H-60 series of modules. I didn't know you made something that *enters* coords in modules. I will need to have a look, as I've been using TheWay for that...

Ok.
My version does have a generic, compact displaying of coordinates:
null

image.png

4 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

If you fly VR, this modded version of Scratchpad is definitely what you want to use! I made a video about using this modded version of Scratchpad recently (referenced a page or two back) where I demonstrate this. It's super easy and much better for VR than The Way. I was using The Way in conjunction with the original scratchpad to enter coordinates into DCS (made a video about that too a month or so ago) because I was unaware of this mod. Now this is all I need and use.

Make sure that you also grab the updated file from Draken35 to update the modded version.

On 10/22/2023 at 4:16 PM, Draken35 said:

@jnr4817 @SPAS79

Say I do add the code to interface with the H-60... Would you be OK with me publishing that (probably on github either on yours, if you have one or on the main branch)?

3 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

Say I do add the code to interface with the H-60... Would you be OK with me publishing that (probably on github either on yours, if you have one or on the main branch)?

I don’t have any issues with it. Good luck finding my github 😂

18 minutes ago, Draken35 said:

I don’t have any issues with it. Good luck finding my github 😂

nice, thanks. That's going to be on my fork then, with due credit. Unless ADHD dictates that I lose interest in this before I get to complete it. But it should be easy enough, given the framework and the work you've already done. 

Just now, SPAS79 said:

nice, thanks. That's going to be on my fork then, with due credit. Unless ADHD dictates that I lose interest in this before I get to complete it. But it should be easy enough, given the framework and the work you've already done. 

yup. find devices, find commands, and push them in the right order