YES !!

Svsmokey

PD 1.3 , MSAA x2 , flat cockpit AND terrain shadows , locked 45fps and no stutter-not bad for an I-6500 and a 1070 ! Me so happy :pilotfly:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

PD 1.3 , MSAA x2 , flat cockpit AND terrain shadows , locked 45fps and no stutter-not bad for an I-6500 and a 1070 ! Me so happy :pilotfly:

:thumbup:

Have fun!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap::clap_2::clap_2::beer::beer::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::joystick::joystick::joystick:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

nice!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

In what scenario ?

Solo , crop-duster height over Batumi at 400 knots , hard maneuvering and view panning . It's my VR testing scenario .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

You might want to try the Ka-50 Quick Start mission "Air Support" (or similar to that) on the Normandy map for a reality check. That's always my go to scenario for a whack in the head for my VR setup. ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Point taken ! Thankfully , I have neither of those modules :) My 2d testing was over Vegas , and I know what would happen there in VR , let alone Dubai . Fortunately , i like the Caucasus the best , and can even get a taste of that which you speak-low over Kholki :)

Yeah,

I've unfortunately found that some scenarios are really bad, while others are ok for VR. I tend to have 2 sets of settings, one for general purpose flying, and one for "heavy" scenarios. My test scenario is the river defense harrier scenario.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah,

I've unfortunately found that some scenarios are really bad, while others are ok for VR. I tend to have 2 sets of settings, one for general purpose flying, and one for "heavy" scenarios. My test scenario is the river defense harrier scenario.

Yes , i can see that . I plan on disabling terrain shadows for heavier missions , but I am excited to have them for the various types of navigation exercises i like to fly as well as light weapons missions . Speaking of which , i now get to learn and setup the DCS kneeboard , as i used a tablet for that before...

Yes , i can see that . I plan on disabling terrain shadows for heavier missions , but I am excited to have them for the various types of navigation exercises i like to fly as well as light weapons missions . Speaking of which , i now get to learn and setup the DCS kneeboard , as i used a tablet for that before...

Look for kneeboardbuilder if you want something special

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Look for kneeboardbuilder if you want something special

Thank you , prolly will use that in future , just set bindings for DCS kneeboard to learn basics . Big change from the tablet i have been using in 2d . Thanks again...

Wow, that's really good. Do you think the MSAA helps? I start liking it at 4x, below that I dunno that I see much difference with it on, seems like cranking the SS up a notch is about the same

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

@ delta mike : Aliasing is my particular bugbear . 2x MSAA helps , but is not enough . In 1080p I found that 1.5 SSAA and 2x MSSA would all but kill aliasing . Don't have the horsepower in VR to run 1.5 PD and MSAA x2 , and if I did , I expect I would still have more aliasing than i saw in 1080p .

@freehand : Tried the shader's mod . It does offer a substantial performance increase , but the aliasing was horrifying to me . Uninstalled .

@ delta mike : Aliasing is my particular bugbear . 2x MSAA helps , but is not enough . In 1080p I found that 1.5 SSAA and 2x MSSA would all but kill aliasing . Don't have the horsepower in VR to run 1.5 PD and MSAA x2 , and if I did , I expect I would still have more aliasing than i saw in 1080p .

@freehand : Tried the shader's mod . It does offer a substantial performance increase , but the aliasing was horrifying to me . Uninstalled .

Fair play did you increase the scale for inside the cockpit helped me and looked more natural.

PS: I have never been in a f18 cockpit but the buttons looked more the correct size and helped clarity.

Edit:

I am going to bag another Oculus my thrid and have play your fault :D

Edited by freehand

Why do you guys keep tweaking SSAA, it's not intended for and doesn't do anything in VR.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Fair play did you increase the scale for inside the cockpit helped me and looked more natural.

PS: I have never been in a f18 cockpit but the buttons looked more the correct size and helped clarity.

Edit:

I am going to bag another Oculus my thrid and have play your fault :D

I have not played with force IPD yet . My cockpit is tight , but i think , right .

3rd time's a charm :)

Why do you guys keep tweaking SSAA, it's not intended for and doesn't do anything in VR.

SSAA was referencing 1080p , not VR .

SSAA was referencing 1080p , not VR .

Ah..my bad :thumbup:

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Pixel density and supersampling with the Oculus tray tool seem to be doing the same thing.

VR is kind of weird, we feel like we have access to more information with supersampling, long as you keep your head moving, but it makes edges squirmy and in theory I guess adding in msaa will make text more readable. Which would be great for instruments but it flogs the daylights out if the gpu

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

YES !!

super sampling just means the image starts out larger than the display can show.

at the end of the day, that large image is resampled back down to the lower resolution (whatever resolution your display is) losing some of the original pixels and details (some call the extra details, “artifacts”).