stuttering, frame drop, micro stutter, micro freeze

fastfed

whatever its called, its so bad I'm losing it lol

It much worse when in a populated server but still happens even single player

a nice 50-60-70fps smooth then boom 12fps, stutter/freeze and back to normal fps. Happens on the 107th like crazy because so many players.

I feel like I've tried everything, all sorts of settings in game, disconnected Afterburner, turned of f track IR, even my Joystick software.

I tried to make sure DCS was using all 4 cores (that one fix where you go into the task manger)

and nothing. What in the world is doing this? I have never had a frame drop/freeze like this in any other game but DCS. really hope someone can help here.

Thanks

system

win 10

4790k @ 4.5 ghz

16gb ram

980ti @ 1500mhz

1440P resolution

Some of us have been experiencing this with the latest updates as well. Many of us are also having issue getting the MAVs to cage/uncage and intermittent locking target.

I really wish ED would fix the bugs rather than add new item, which will with certainty add more bugs.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

thanks I noticed this micro freezing much worse since the last update, it was still happening just now its almost unplayable. Landing at the carrrier nice approach, got the ball and boom micro stutter and dead. sometimes it will even freeze for a good 5 seconds

When was the last time or have you ever cleared out your fxo and metashaders2 folders?

well I deleted the metashader2 folder after reading this tip from another thread, not the fxo folder.

I also did a repair/cleanup via command prompt.

im all ear though, so annoying

Set your preload to max and make sure you have enough space on your pagefile drive for DCS to write on it. If your OS is not on an SSD, I'd recommend moving your pagegile to the SSD DCS is on, if there is enough space

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Some of us have been experiencing this with the latest updates as well. Many of us are also having issue getting the MAVs to cage/uncage and intermittent locking target.

I really wish ED would fix the bugs rather than add new item, which will with certainty add more bugs.

+ 1.000.000 :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

well I deleted the metashader2 folder after reading this tip from another thread, not the fxo folder.

I also did a repair/cleanup via command prompt.

im all ear though, so annoying

delete BOTH folders after EVERY update of DCS.

Best, do that after every update of your GPU driver as well, and likely after every Upgrade of Win10 ( not Update ).

Also, put DCS on a SSD, put your PF on SSD if you can ( 32GB ) and if you still have SSD's left, OS too. Sounds like luxury but is a safe bet instead.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

RWR SOUND STUTTER

dear team and community,

I noticed on the su25t mission "long day" that I have graphics stuttering each time the rwr sound is emitting especially when I approach target zone. I have checked everything:

latency ok

last drivers ok

optimisation according the main post of this section

fox and metashader2 deleted

when I check in game fps, I have very good values between 70 and 110 fps.

but when the rwr sound is emitting, you can see a short 25 fps drop of few miliseconds which cause this very annoying graphic stuttering.

my config i7950 @ 4ghz 1080ti 12 to ram ddr3 ssd evo 850 500go.

do you have some recommendations?

is it a game bug ?

thanks in advance for your support and this fabulous simulation. :thumbup:

My situation has improved significantly by disabling the game's own fps limiter.

You can edit it in <DCS_HOME>/Config/graphics.lua line 350.

I just set it to 10 000 :). Before that I had some rather crazy issues where my GPU actually decided to go into "idle" power profile.

If you fly the F18, also check so that you havent run into this issue I fought against for a few days:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233582

NOTE : The solution in the thread is actually wrong. .net had nothing to do with it.

I dont know what the solution is yet, but after reinstalling windows and removing the fps limiter it seems to work better.

Edited by Captain Slow

Thanks for your reply captain slow !!!

I put "options.graphics.maxfps = 10000" in the autoexec.cfg.

Apparently, you cannot modify directly graphic.lua since last updates.

Have a nice evening and thank you again

I can't seem to find a file called autoexec.cfg can you help me find it anyone? I found graphic.lua and it wont let me save the edited file either. Do I have to make that file with MS-DOS. this is way over my head right now but this has been/is driving me crazy.

I'm glad I found this I thought it was maybe windows running some process in the background or something. I've been tearing my hair out trying to track it down. I've tried everything suggested in this thread and more with no luck so far. Will edit that file and report back after a few hrs of playtime. Thanks!

Edited by Jonnie2Bad

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

Had the same microstutter problem before in singleplayer. Tried everything, including a reinstall of 160GB of data, disable overclocking all details to min. It happens every 1-2 minutes. Drops from stable 60fps to 7fps and go back to normal after 1sec.

Now - no more stutter - and I still can not believe what was causing it.

Started with disconnecting the ethernet cable from my pc and all stutter GONE completely.

Plugged the cable again and found out that my pc trying to communicate with my printer over WI-FI every minute or so. Switched off the wireless printer (Canon ip7250) and that fixes the problem - no more frame drops.

If You have micro stutter during the single player game, please unplug Your ethernet cable first and see if that helps. Disabling all network traffic in the firewall makes no change.

Thanks.

i7-8700k oc5GHz, oc1080ti

Edited by jarekzegarek

Had the same microstutter problem before ....

... unplug Your ethernet cable first and see if that helps. Disabling all network traffic in the firewall makes no change.

i7-8700k oc5GHz, oc1080ti

Thanks for sharing this info! :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

...disconnecting the ethernet cable from my pc and all stutter GONE completely...
What about multiplayer flight? :D

Disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my PC and all aircafts GONE completely. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

What about multiplayer flight? :D

Disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my PC and all aircafts GONE completely. :D

As I said You should start with disconecting Ethernet cable and if that helps You should look deeper into the problem. I found out that my problem was caused by wireless printer. Now i have no stutters - all i have to do now is turn off my printer after print - switched off printer is not affecting Your multiplayer experience isn't it? :thumbup:

This is more or less a shortcoming of the WiFi standard you are using.

Maybe you can tune your WiFi settings so it will work together.

MiMo and Mu-MiMo could help but need newer/newest devices. Choosing a better channel might also help ( incl. Radar ones ), so would band steering help ( 2.4 + 5 GHz together ).

Check if you can update your Router's Firmware and maybe you find new options.

BTW, you are not the first one stating this behaviour among devices.

I run 1 Router, 2 additional routers as AP's ( LAN fed ) and we have like 6 phones, laptops, TV, Settopboxes, Nintendo, etc... and it never blocks ;) It can work.

If you know AVM, those routers are great if you can obtain them in your area/country.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X