Why do they let me launch with my wings folded?

Snacko

There is a guy who activates the catapult, right?

When I am stupid, and forget to unfold my wings, he would see that and not let me launch, right?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I don't really know about you, but as far as I'm concerned I learned that the deck crew just happens to hate me.

Never done that stunt, but once in a while they rig the catapult to bounce my plane and break the nosewheel, for example.

When I am stupid, and forget to unfold my wings, he would see that and not let me launch, right?

I've launched and flown for 5 minutes before I noticed that my wings were folded.... Hardly noticed any change in controls. Anyhoo.... Folded or not, once you go full throttle on the cat you will launch.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

The better question to ask is if the f18 will fit in the roki tunnel with wings folded.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

GC would signal you to fold your wings down just before connecting to the shuttle. You simply need to follow a checklist if you are forgetting this step until you "burn it" into memory.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

@Snacko.....you're the aviator, and an officer...he's enlisted and would never question the intelligence, qualifications and experience of an officer. Who is he to question how best to leave the deck? He does however have a little sense of humor :)

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Or there taking bets on if you figure it out,.. :P :lol: :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

You need to learn about human factors.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I just thought we were trying to simulate real life procedures. I understand the jokes and fun.

Hopefully when the deck crew gets fully animated someday, this will be fixed.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

As a general checklist item, you should also look at the Master Caution list on your Left DDI right before spooling up.

It will show whether your wings are folded, or your canopy is open, and other interesting items you may want to be aware of (and fix) before blasting off into the wild blue yonder.

Regards,

4 ~S!~

Canopy Open? Check

Hook Down? Check

Fuel dump ON? Check

Wings Folded? Check

Ready for take off... blames ED...

I didn't blame anyone.

Relax, Snacko, they make fun, right, but since it actually happend a few times IRL it is as real as it gets, and the general message is that you should take care of that before take off.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

A relaxed Snacko says thanks for that tip.

@Snacko...regarding animated deck crew

I think that would be a cool mod but also include a 'plane captain' (i think that's the term) that goes through the startup procedures as well...both on-deck or airfield.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I've launched and flown for 5 minutes before I noticed that my wings were folded.... Hardly noticed any change in controls. Anyhoo.... Folded or not, once you go full throttle on the cat you will launch.

How did you not notice? The yaw tendencies are insane.

It's a blast, though. Trapping wings-folded is a treat.

@Snacko.....you're the aviator, and an officer...he's enlisted and would never question the intelligence, qualifications and experience of an officer. Who is he to question how best to leave the deck? He does however have a little sense of humor :)

Shooter is an officer too. ;)