New external sound

hovring

Question of taste. I think they got worse. But thats what mods were ment for

I'm in this camp, needs more of that afterburner crackle. I think we lost the gun sound, too.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

and what has changed to extremes of sound? afterburner not even rushing when looking fly-by.

Tried with a mod sound set and it doesn't even work with them.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I think we lost the gun sound, too.

Same here, no gun sound internal or external, with or without gun sound mod.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Tried with a mod sound set and it doesn't even work with them.

Same. Maybe they changed something in file structure so previous mods stop working

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys,

Is the new external sound not missing some High Frequencies when you face the plane ?

It seems to be very Low Freq and loud from the rear but something is missing form the front of view.

What you think about that ?

Regards

Hi Guys,

Is the new external sound not missing some High Frequencies when you face the plane ?

It seems to be very Low Freq and loud from the rear but something is missing form the front of view.

What you think about that ?

Regards

Hi,

same for me. Sounds are much too quiet in general, but especially in the external view when the plane is approaching you can hear almost nothing. It also seems that there are too few high frequencies.

Also the afterburner sound misses some crackling.

Sounds are always a matter of taste but for me the result is rather disappointing.:noexpression:

Regards

Chris

Keep the feedback coming guys. Its open beta, so that we can get your opinion and make further adjustments to your liking.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hi,

same for me. Sounds are much too quiet in general, but especially in the external view when the plane is approaching you can hear almost nothing. It also seems that there are too few high frequencies.

Also the afterburner sound misses some crackling.

Sounds are always a matter of taste but for me the result is rather disappointing.:noexpression:

Regards

Chris

Yeah. Agreed. I jumped the gun because I was so happy that the dev finally did something at all to this module!

Yet, agreed with the feedback above! Its a good sound, just need tweeking!!

Edited by hovring

Sorry to be the negative one on this happy bandwagon but... these are the most terrible sounds ever! I mean seriously, it only sounds half decent sitting at idle. There is a single file, no changes looking from the front or back of the plane, the flyby is awful, I don't know how you can even compare it to any of the other modules!

Anyways, even though it's a step back, it's also a step forward as we have the first example of custom sounds in what, 4 or 5 years?

Keep it up, but please, try to compare yourselves with the other 3rd parties and bring something of comparable quality to the table!

The F-18 is the gold standard right now.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Had the chance to jump into a couple of servers today, mostly for comfy flying and ocassional A2G. Have to agree, the new sounds are kind of a step back. I prefered the old roaring of the engines. But as bkthunder said, this may be a good signal. I'm also happy to see work being done as this one is between the oldest modules and it's always good to see that it hasn't been abandoned.

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Sorry to be the negative one on this happy bandwagon but... these are the most terrible sounds ever! I mean seriously, it only sounds half decent sitting at idle. There is a single file, no changes looking from the front or back of the plane, the flyby is awful, I don't know how you can even compare it to any of the other modules!

Anyways, even though it's a step back, it's also a step forward as we have the first example of custom sounds in what, 4 or 5 years?

Keep it up, but please, try to compare yourselves with the other 3rd parties and bring something of comparable quality to the table!

The F-18 is the gold standard right now.

Im with you on this one

i7 4770k OC 4.6Ghz // 24GB RAM // GTX 980ti // Asus Hero VI MB // 500GB SSD

Way too quiet from most angles other than behind. Too quiet from even a short distance away. I haven't seen that mentioned yet either.

It sounds like it was only recorded with equipment placed behind the aircraft. I don't know if that's the case either, that's just an opinion.

It sounds like it has been ripped from some youtube video, I doubt they would have such bad sound quality if this was a purpose-made recording

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Yes,I can't warm to these 'new'external sounds either,the best external sounds I've witnessed so far were from Burning Bridges,try out his superb sounds here,within the quote.

Link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3786631&postcount=85

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Quite a let down... at first I had thought that some settings got corrupted...

While it is welcome to see that the engine sound is being worked on, currently it sounds as I am watching the mig from 5km... not immersive at all. As others have suggested, there are plenty videos from various sides and distances (as well as other dcs modules to hear the character and what can be done) to be used as a reference...

There's clearly an issue with the exterior sound that needs to be addressed. It also affects mod sounds. So, reserve judgment for when that's fixed.

There's clearly an issue with the exterior sound that needs to be addressed. It also affects mod sounds. So, reserve judgment for when that's fixed.

Yes, I'm so pleased that Magnitude 3 ( or is it Leatherneck, they need to sort out that confusion. Not very professional looking ) is continuing their support of the fishbed. Such a shame that for whatever reason it's not been well received by the community.

PLEASE Magnitude 3! Keep up the good work and don't be disheartened by the negative comments, I'm sure this issue will be resolved soon. I'd hate to imagine them reading all these comments and feeling bitter towards the DCS community.

Yes, I'm so pleased that Magnitude 3 ( or is it Leatherneck, they need to sort out that confusion. Not very professional looking ) is continuing their support of the fishbed. Such a shame that for whatever reason it's not been well received by the community.

PLEASE Magnitude 3! Keep up the good work and don't be disheartened by the negative comments, I'm sure this issue will be resolved soon. I'd hate to imagine them reading all these comments and feeling bitter towards the DCS community.

Most of the comments I've seen here aren't that negative. Some are more negative than others, but it isn't as bad as it could have been. I'd say most of these are just constructive criticism

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum