[BUG] FPS issue & Jester.

Coxy_99

Looking left and right is causing frames to drop on the new OB patch, Looking ahead is fine just left and right, Second thing is jester menu is taking an age to come to screen.

Previous patches were fine no issues.

Edited by IronMike

Can anyone reproduce?

Im having serious issues with frames being dropped when the Jester screen is opened. It seems to get worse in crowded multiplayer missions. It's not so much frames dropped as it is actually causing my FPS to drop to 1 or even 0 FPS for several seconds at a time.

Issue started after the patch that fixed Jester callouts causing CTDs.

Also happens during jester callouts in BFM, again only when there is a lot happening at the same time. 16 GB RAM, DCS on SSD and system managed page file on the same SSD.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Can anyone reproduce?

Let me have another go tomorrow, And ill see if i get same results, Previous patches have been spot on for me could not fault it, (Apart from known CTD) But this one is not so good. I tried F-18 on the 104th just to double check it was DCS itself.

Im having serious issues with frames being dropped when the Jester screen is opened. It seems to get worse in crowded multiplayer missions. It's not so much frames dropped as it is actually causing my FPS to drop to 1 or even 0 FPS for several seconds at a time.

Issue started after the patch that fixed Jester callouts causing CTDs.

Also happens during jester callouts in BFM, again only when there is a lot happening at the same time. 16 GB RAM, DCS on SSD and system managed page file on the same SSD.

deactivate the view of jester in the center, that will help a lot. (Special menu for the F-14 on settings menu)

Is this a MP only thing? I did a short test in SP and had no problems, neither looking left/right nor with the jester menu.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

deactivate the view of jester in the center, that will help a lot. (Special menu for the F-14 on settings menu)

Wilco. Will try that and report back.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Wilco. Will try that and report back.

Just to report back, turning off the Jester camera in the special options significantly reduced frame drops to where they are now almost non-existant!

Thank you Baco!

Yes remove jester head and it works properly, First time loading was slow but the DCSW was loading at the same time.

The FPS issue looking forward i get a straight 40 50fps then left and right dips to 28-30 looking left and right. In MP trackir, Frames have been spot on release, But i tried landing on the boat and it was just horrible because of that frame drop on this patch.

Edited by Coxy_99

Ill give it another go, I maybe just nit picking on the frame drops, But im pretty sure it was really smooth before or i would not say so otherwise:) The jester removal in special options helped turning him off the pie loads as it should :thumbup: But with him showing in the pie takes to long to load so thats an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot reproduce this with our latest internal build. Is this still an issue for you, Coxy? Possibly has been resolved, I had the Jester menu loading issue as well, but that is fixed now.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/