dburne

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at 50%, i’ll be able to go from

60fps to 90fps.

that’s almost unbelievable

I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't think they ever said overall frame rates would go up by 50%.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think you guys are a bit too optimistic. I believe they just optimized certain areas of the terrain(s) where performance sucked previously. I would not expect 50% fps boost just everywhere.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

no they didn’t, but that is what most of us are thinking.

Most people thought the F14 would be released on Dec 27th ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What does 50% increase in performance mean? Is that FPS? Is that the terrain engine performance is increased 50% and how does that relate to actual frame rates?

What does 50% increase in performance mean? Is that FPS? Is that the terrain engine performance is increased 50% and how does that relate to actual frame rates?

I asked the same question. Here's Wags' answer:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3878143&postcount=2418

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

what other metrics of performance are there, other than frame rate?

What he said

Well that IS exciting then.

That FPS increasement that Wags got in his simple direct testing is then amazing.

People who get sub 45 but above 30 could well see them often if even almost all the time then render at 45 FPS limit.

Dipping down to sub 30 in heavy situations instead sub 20 is another big deal.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 9 months later...

Are there any plans of VR controllers improvements in matter of interactions?

I admit, that VTOL VR is best example of how flipping switches should look like. And I know, I know. Bigger, less precise etc.

But lasering buttons is immersion breaking as hell.

Are there any plans of VR controllers improvements in matter of interactions?

I admit, that VTOL VR is best example of how flipping switches should look like. And I know, I know. Bigger, less precise etc.

But lasering buttons is immersion breaking as hell.

Switching back and forth from controllers to your HOTAS is also immersion breaking as hell

Maybe this is the solution you're looking for

(It totally changed my VR experience. I even dare to say the improvement was almost as big as going from 2D to VR)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

what other metrics of performance are there, other than frame rate?

FrameTime

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Switching back and forth from controllers to your HOTAS is also immersion breaking as hell

Maybe this is the solution you're looking for

(It totally changed my VR experience. I even dare to say the improvement was almost as big as going from 2D to VR)

100% to that, that why I thought about CaptoGloves, but they are 500$...

Also, with the improvement hand tracking, I think next generation of the headsets will just handtrack with forward faceing cameras.

But this solution is also interesting. Very much thanks for a tip!