Harrier features

tempusmurphy

Missing bombing modes would be nice. As it stands we are missing the loft bombing mode entirely, the CCIP/CCRP thing, various symbology missing for CCIP, wrong/incomplete sensor ques for what the computer is actually using. For CCRP we are missing moving target leads using the ARBS, wind correction using ARBS/INS etc... And I'm sure I've forgotten other stuff. I haven't even looked through the various backup modes yet. Then there is the whole FLIR alignment issue and hotspot tracker for night use. Sidewinder DMT slaving for A/A, SEAM for A/A. I think toilet2k has a big long list posted variously throughout.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That would be bugs to fix/optimization, not missing features.

FLIR projection on the HUD could be a tad more realistic (hard borders). Also Maverick and ARBS image resolution are irrealistically sharp, especially taking into account that both produce analog video feed

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

My list with some predictions

-Hot spot tracker "this is a tough one at the moment depends on new ED API" it can be done but the way to do it now is going to be hacking labels or something along those lines, the real thing is not perfect"

-SEAM Aim9 "should be easy enough"

-APKWS II " an easy weapon to make we have laser guided Rockets already and this will be a big big selling point for Mplayer crowed, while documentation is limited there are a few videos showing HUD symbols and process"

-JDAM "should be easier now with the new weapon API from ED"

-TPod/AIm9 to Hotspot tracked target/DMT. though the pod right now "all pods are kinda tricky with point tracking aircrafts"

-Better FLIR or real FLIR system "this one is more on ED new API"

Those are the major ones on my list.

My list with some predictions

-Hot spot tracker "this is a tough one at the moment depends on new ED API" it can be done but the way to do it now is going to be hacking labels or something along those lines, the real thing is not perfect"

-SEAM Aim9 "should be easy enough"

-APKWS II " an easy weapon to make we have laser guided Rockets already and this will be a big big selling point for Mplayer crowed, while documentation is limited there are a few videos showing HUD symbols and process"

-JDAM "should be easier now with the new weapon API from ED"

-TPod/AIm9 to Hotspot tracked target/DMT. though the pod right now "all pods are kinda tricky with point tracking aircrafts"

-Better FLIR or real FLIR system "this one is more on ED new API"

Those are the major ones on my list.

What ED API? Are they working on something?

Any work in progress about those APIs?

Thanks.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

What ED API? Are they working on something?

Any work in progress about those APIs?

Thanks.

from what I understand the FA18c is basically a test bed for new DCS API, hence why its taking so long. so each system on the hornet is more or less getting a standardized API that in theory should make the development of other aircraft much easier.

The ones I know off so far are the weapons and ballistic API "this will come with AGM84H/E,Agm-154, and already happened with JDAMs and some other A2A systems", a New Radar API that includes ground radar and SAR. and a new FLIR API which should be a more detailed system "ATFLIR and lighting pods for the hornet".

The entire idea behind those APIs is that DCS will have a standardized system for most aircraft functions, and reduce the time needed for developers to make the aircraft so basically you can for example make the AV8B II + by simply taking the hornet radar API and plugging it in "its more complex than that but far less complex than trying to wright the code from the ground up which as i understand is required now days quite a bit.

As in the progress ED never talks about that, but a good indicator is the hornet. if its on the hornet and the hornet gets an update, its safe to say that the API is ready. this is at least how I understand it.

Aren't there still a lot of pages and / or functions on the MFD's missing?

Looking forward to having the WRD page functional.

As well as crosswind and moving target compensation.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

from what I understand the FA18c is basically a test bed for new DCS API, hence why its taking so long. so each system on the hornet is more or less getting a standardized API that in theory should make the development of other aircraft much easier.

The ones I know off so far are the weapons and ballistic API "this will come with AGM84H/E,Agm-154, and already happened with JDAMs and some other A2A systems", a New Radar API that includes ground radar and SAR. and a new FLIR API which should be a more detailed system "ATFLIR and lighting pods for the hornet".

The entire idea behind those APIs is that DCS will have a standardized system for most aircraft functions, and reduce the time needed for developers to make the aircraft so basically you can for example make the AV8B II + by simply taking the hornet radar API and plugging it in "its more complex than that but far less complex than trying to wright the code from the ground up which as i understand is required now days quite a bit.

As in the progress ED never talks about that, but a good indicator is the hornet. if its on the hornet and the hornet gets an update, its safe to say that the API is ready. this is at least how I understand it.

Thank you for taking the time to explain that. Cheers!

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Since these are not public API's that we can use for scripting or otherwise and only available to 3rd parties, can you explain your source for this information? Might be a sensible guess, but typically that information isn't discussed publicly, and without a verifiable source it remains a guess. Happy to be wrong in this case.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Since these are not public API's that we can use for scripting or otherwise and only available to 3rd parties, can you explain your source for this information? Might be a sensible guess, but typically that information isn't discussed publicly, and without a verifiable source it remains a guess. Happy to be wrong in this case.

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

@ around the 20-21min mark, wags talks about the how the F18 new frame work helps make the F16 faster and at a lower cost.

There are a few of the top of my head but I wont search for them on the forums as thats a massive pain, in some of the hornet talk for example they mention the new FLIR. Razbam for example stated several times that they are waiting for EDs new Radar system and ground radar before work on the F15E and AV8B+. HB for example stated they could not wait for ED to make a new ground radar so they made their own. so a few of those tidbits are around here and there, but as I also stated ED never detailed on the progress or how those APIs will help the 3pd. Just that they will, and will reduce work and cost.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the link, the time stamp was indeed right. Your follow on comment is accurate, but he didn't use the word API and didn't say the techs would be "lift and shift" or in any way designed to specifically shorten future development and certainly not that they were spending extra time on the Hornet in order to shorten future developpment, just that the process was going to iterate faster in the future as a result of the work. So I still believe the earlier posts stating such are still un substantiated. Sorry to be confrontational on that, but I'd prefer comments on what ED are doing to be based on what they actually said, rather than extrapolated subjectivity.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *