Cheesy video of new CM2 Stick, Warbrd gimbal and T50 throttle

mazex

Just got my Virpil CM2 stick, T50 throttle, Warbrd gimbal and deskmounts v2 (S). I am in heaven after sticking with my G940 for 10 years :)

But - before buying it - I did not find that many videos showing closeups of the new Virpil Moongoos CM2 joystick. I was a bit concerned about the new switches with rumors about most of them beeing "gated" etc. So I did a cheesy blurry "holding camera in my hand" video of it. No ambitions of becoming a Youtuber - this is just info :)

And yes - I say CM2 Throttle in the beginning but I naturally mean CM2 grip / stick...

Overall verdict - Awesome!

And listening to the video I realize that I say "nice" 50 times or similar. Was a bit over the top with exitement I guess ;)

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

:thumbup:

Good job, nice review!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Mine arrived today, also the brake lever is longer with a different curve, can use the middle finger now for controlling, bit more natural with my hand. Not as much hand movement off the grip to run it. The two buttons on the back face are flat and larger, different feel. The flip trigger button that's triggered when you move it through the up and down is very much a momentary switch, you can't hold or manipulate it, a quick flicker and done either way you swing it. Nine extra buttons, hell yeah!

Upgrading the firmware is mandatory, the older stuff won't see the extra CM buttons. Never new the connecting pin between the throttles also was a button, gained one there too. One of the options for throttle will turn the five modes into buttons.

Just got my Virpil CM2 stick, T50 throttle, Warbrd gimbal and deskmounts v2 (S). I am in heaven after sticking with my G940 for 10 years :)

But - before buying it - I did not find that many videos showing closeups of the new Virpil Moongoos CM2 joystick. I was a bit concerned about the new switches with rumors about most of them beeing "gated" etc. So I did a cheesy blurry "holding camera in my hand" video of it. No ambitions of becoming a Youtuber - this is just info :)

And yes - I say CM2 Throttle in the beginning but I naturally mean CM2 grip / stick...

Overall verdict - Awesome!

And listening to the video I realize that I say "nice" 50 times or similar. Was a bit over the top with exitement I guess ;)

I didn´t know Youtube allowed p0rn :smilewink:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | Buttkicker | SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle - Phantom

Helpful review !. Thanks :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Great video, you're correct OP, we need more videos. I have several VPC units, 2 T50 throttles, 2 Warbrds, and 2 of the first gen T50s. I'll make a video myself I think now after watching yours.

slzfvTh.jpg?2

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Great video, you're correct OP, we need more videos. I have several VPC units, 2 T50 throttles, 2 Warbrds, and 2 of the first gen T50s. I'll make a video myself I think now after watching yours.

slzfvTh.jpg?2

Thanks, and looking forward to your video!

I think that the whole YouTuber thingy with people doing semi professional videos with hardware reviews has a negative back side of the coin. When someone just shares a shaky video with their fellow nerd friends there is pressure to have mounted cameras in focus and nice editing - or people will whine about the quality of the video. So people don't do it as they don't know how to do video editing etc.

I don't care if there is a lack of focus or a handheld camera, someone with a thick accent or whatever. I just want to see some of the nice gear in their real environment, by someone who actually flies DCS or IL2...

Edit: I spent hours trying to find a video of someone having both a T50 base and a WarBRD base side by side - showing the difference in "throw" and tension etc. Maybe showing how a T50 base without an extension performs compared to a WarBRD with the same grip. And then how they compare with different extension lengths (where the WarBRD should not perform so well). Could not find that anywhere - some posts about it - but not in detail.

... One comment I can add to my own "review" is that I was surprised how much the non extended CM2 grip with WarBRD feels like an extended joystick for me that has never had an extension. It really feels like a rather long stick where you don't just tilt your wrist like a "normal" joystick. It feels like a real control stick from an aircraft and I really don't feel like I need an extension right now...

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

I have every Virpil/VKB stick and base, several of some, so I'll try and put together a comparison video like you suggested. I have the extensions as well. I also have pretty much every major hotas made as well, again, several of some like the Cougar, Warthog, X65, etc. Pedals too, Slaw/VKB/MFG, etc. I should do a complete roundup in the next couple of weeks time permitting.

jn3PJQo.jpg

mB3DOUU.jpg

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I have every Virpil/VKB stick and base, several of some, so I'll try and put together a comparison video like you suggested. I have the extensions as well. I also have pretty much every major hotas made as well, again, several of some like the Cougar, Warthog, X65, etc. Pedals too, Slaw/VKB/MFG, etc. I should do a complete roundup in the next couple of weeks time permitting.

jn3PJQo.jpg

mB3DOUU.jpg

You can adopt me!!!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Working on lighting/setup for Virpil specific vids today, I'll see how those go before trying a hotas-wide roundup.

I would point out that Virpil is my primary hotas by choice - and I have pretty much every option out there. While the Gunfighter/Kosomina are excellent, IMO the T50 and Warbrd along with the various stick and mounting options from Virpil are top of the pile for me, close as it may be. Virpil's customer service in my experience is also what every company should model themselves after.

Mazex's video and posts do show that there is a bit of a lack of information particularly when it comes to videos showing the differences in Virpil bases and sticks, their operation and options, etc. I'm hoping we can all work together in terms of criticism and advice once I pop up a few test vids comparing the current T50 and Warbrd with the various sticks (including using the TM sticks in the Virpil bases) and extensions and whatnot.

Systems

Mazex's video and posts do show that there is a bit of a lack of information particularly when it comes to videos showing the differences in Virpil bases and sticks, their operation and options, etc. I'm hoping we can all work together in terms of criticism and advice once I pop up a few test vids comparing the current T50 and Warbrd with the various sticks (including using the TM sticks in the Virpil bases) and extensions and whatnot.

Awesome - really looking forward to it, even though I just got my new gear!