3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

13 minutes ago, greyeagle787 said:

So after the initial download, all settings are basically set at “zero” and we go from there?

All features are disabled by default. You'll have to go through menu to set them (or press some shortcut keys to toggle them on/off, like color change or sharpen mode).

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

@lefuneste01Hiya! 🙂 

Is there any reason that reduction of atmospheric Haze is -=only=- working in External views? Have you seen this issue? 🙂 
I am unable to view reduction of atmospheric haze effects when I am in the cockpit view (F1 key) etc. 

• I am using the latest build of open beta & 3d migoto 18.1.2
  • I am testing on various aircraft types (basically every one within DCS) with cockpit canopy open & closed. 
  • Every other 3d migoto function is working properly. 

Hope this helps, and if you need me to screenshot anything please let me know. 🙂 

Thanks! 😊

8 hours ago, zhousaifu said:

Is there any reason that reduction of atmospheric Haze is -=only=- working in External views? Have you seen this issue?

Hello, I tested only in external view, because it's easier to check effect on horizon. So I'll have a look.

But some other features may also not work for you, as for example color changes/sharpen only for cockpit,  label masking,...Can you ensure you have the same graphic option than in troubleshooting guide attached in first post ?

EDIT : I confirm it is working in cockpit, so please do trouble shooting guide.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 1

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Label masking seems to be always on, and neither modifying the variable directly in user.ini nor using the del or ins key seems to have any impact?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

56 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Label masking seems to be always on, and neither modifying the variable directly in user.ini nor using the del or ins key seems to have any impact?

Good find, I left a test in d3dx.ini. I'll fix it for next release, but in the meantime you can remove "+10000" in the line

post x2 = $\users_settings\user_keymapping_setup.ini\labelMaskFlag+1000

in d3dx.ini.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 4:09 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, I tested only in external view, because it's easier to check effect on horizon. So I'll have a look.

But some other features may also not work for you, as for example color changes/sharpen only for cockpit,  label masking,...Can you ensure you have the same graphic option than in troubleshooting guide attached in first post ?

EDIT : I confirm it is working in cockpit, so please do trouble shooting guide.

Hiya @lefuneste01 !  😀

It appears that 3d Migoto haze reduction while in cockpit (F1 keyboard key) view does not work with ALL of the official DCS modules, it works with some and not with others.

I have every DCS module/add-on/campain/ terrain, etc due to work requirements , so I will go through each one and report back which are working and which are not working with the Cockpit View (F1 keyboard key) and Haze Reduction 

Stay tuned 🙂  

Edited by zhousaifu

3 hours ago, zhousaifu said:

It appears that 3d Migoto haze reduction while in cockpit (F1 keyboard key) view does not work with ALL of the official DCS modules.

Strange, as it is based on the shaders used for global illumination, which are also used to identify cockpit and "oustide" areas, needed for color, label masking and sharpen features.

I tested it on the modules I have : AH64, AV8, Mi24, F18, Mig21, UH1, A10C, blackshark, Gazelle, lockon planes. I wonder which modules are so impacting they change global illumination...

@lefuneste01 Hiya! 🙂

• I have troubleshot in numerous ways, disabling, enabling, re-enabling, 3D Migoto via OVmGE etc,.. 

• I have also gone in to the DCS...\Bin folder and manually removed the d3dxxxx.ini file(s) and any dll's / directories that were / may have been left over after disabling/removing 3D Migoto 

• I have deleted the DCS Saved Games folder..
  • I Even completely uninstalled / removed DCS openbeta entirely from the system (This is Standalone Version, Not Steam) 🙂

So this is a brand new installation of DCS OpenBeta, the Default Shaders and FX folders have been populated after a few "default sessions" of DCS (just to get DCS to build the shaders / any other background tasks it needs to accomplish) 

• After Completing the above:
    • I re-installed / re-configured 3D Migoto,
    • All 3D Migoto settings have returned to the default settings (i.e, 1  or 0.000 ) etc

Result is as of now is that while sitting in the cockpit (with and without the aircraft canopy open / attached / detached ) Some Aircraft, for example, the F-16, Does not allow for Haze Reduction to be seen (even though Haze reduction DOES work when using the F2/F3/F4/F5 and other outside views.  

As per the screen shots below, you will notice how when in Outside views (F2/F3/F4/F5) etc, the Terrain is clearly "clear" with "reduced" Haze Effects, whereas in the Cockpit looking the the same direction, the haze is still at 100% 🙂

Still going through all aircraft now to make a definitive LIST of all aircraft affected, stay tuned 🙂 

Screen_221123_205917.jpg

Screen_221123_205940.jpg

3 hours ago, zhousaifu said:

As per the screen shots below, you will notice how when in Outside views (F2/F3/F4/F5) etc, the Terrain is clearly "clear" with "reduced" Haze Effects, whereas in the Cockpit looking the the same direction, the haze is still at 100%

Just do what is in troubleshooting guide of first post it should be enough. But anyway à as you re install all you should have a clean config.

Check that all graphics settings are the same than in the pdf of first post.

Then, to check things:

Use one su25T standard mission, setup cockpit color change, set mul factor to zero, save by F12 => cockpit will be black. Otherwise you have an issue with settings, or other mods.

Then launch your mission with the F16 and check if cockpit is still black. If not, there is an issue either with F16 (I do not have it so I can not check) or context of mission, that is another gobal shader than the one used for all other missions may be used. In this case, try to modify the mission to replace the F16 by a Su25T, check if the issue is still there. If yes, post the mission here, so I will be able to reproduce. If not, this is linked to F16, as I do not have it I will be able to fix by 15 days trial but not after...

• 3 weeks later...

no , the only time i thought i had that problem was when i restarted dcs ... and didnt restart the app

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

On 12/8/2022 at 12:21 PM, speed-of-heat said:

no , the only time i thought i had that problem was when i restarted dcs ... and didnt restart the app

Are you still using this? I just got my G2 and OpenXR up and running today. Our PC specs are very similar so I’m always trying your recommendations. 

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

Yes, I use it, for a number of specific features, mostly reducing the atmosphere haze, and cluster bomb fixes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Japo32 said:

is the labels masking behind cockpit working? Yesterday with the SA342, I saw a lot of points behind the cockpit... and I think also with other aircrafts.

It should work except if you are using NS430 in 2D...As nobody reported the issue, I did not try to fix it.

Post a track, I have the gazelle and can have a look.

7 hours ago, Tusk.V said:

Does canopy reflection reduction work in the Hornet?

It should, but there is also a  setting in the DCS special option tab for the F18.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a bug but in F-14 and AV8B, whenever I start to go blackout, the mod stops working and re-start working after the blackout effect goes away.  I haven't tried in other modules.

P.S. the mod is still working fine in latest update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

4 hours ago, corb said:

I installed the 18.1.2 version but when I load the exe it says 1.3.16? Is this correct?

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.36.27.jpg

Likely the version of the launcher.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 12/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, WipeUout said:

Not sure if this is a bug but in F-14 and AV8B, whenever I start to go blackout, the mod stops working and re-start working after the blackout effect goes away.  I haven't tried in other modules.

P.S. the mod is still working fine in latest update.

Hello, can you post a track ?

11 hours ago, corb said:

I installed the 18.1.2 version but when I load the exe it says 1.3.16? Is this correct?

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.36.27.jpg

This is the version of 3dmigoto library used by the mod.

• Like 1