3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Hello,

I created a v16 version, no new features but some cleaning, fix for reflection that where no more working for some planes and the usage of a different hash mechanism that may be less prone to be broken by new version of DCS. So I had to redo all shaders...

It may also improve a little bit fps, I did not check.

Can you test it  and report any issue ?

It is here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/nmem0vn6o6uezwi/3DmigotoDCS_VR_16.0b.zip/file

@Sr. : I still can not reproduce  your bug, can you test with this release ?

I updated also the troubleshooting guide to include OpenXR:

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

17 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Can you have a look on first post and explain where I should put more information to explain how to use the mod for openXR ? Maybe I'll put a sentence in red...

Since you have made a request, let me see what I can do. I move the download link, with installation and uninstallation notes upward. I post my edit here:

04/08/2022 : version 15.2 for 2.7.10.19473 Stable and 2.7.11.21408.1 Open beta :

• Better AH64 rotor disabling
  • Option to disable TADS & PNVS mirroring
  • Compatibility with OpenXR mod.

This mod provides the following features:

• Label masking by cockpit frame
  • Enhancement of cockpit and outside colors
  • Copy/paste of radio messages and F10 map coordinates to easier JTAC coordinates conversion (see forum link below for more informations)
  • Scaling of NVG in VR so it is possible to see below them, plus control of NVG noise
  • Sharpen filter for cockpit and HUD
  • FXAA filter (except cockpit)
  • Atmosphere haze reduction factor
  • Reflection on cockpit glass can be lowered/suppressed (AV8B, UH1-H, Ka50)
  • Setup mode with help text to customize options
  • Performance improvement for CBU explosion and minigun usage (up to +200% fps !)
  • Capacity to toggle off/on flat shadow in game (may improve fps in some specific cases : dawn...)
  • AH64 rotor hiding
  • TADS mirror desactivation in IHADSS

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3305420/

Installation :

It is best to use Jsgme or ovgme, but you can unzip the contain of the zip into dcs world install dir.

Inside the zip file, 2 versions are provided, each in different folders:

The folder of name: 3DmigotoDCS_VR_x.y (x.y being the current version) used only without OpenXR mod.

1. Extract the contents of this folder into the to the DCS game directory, under the \bin directory.
  2. The mod will be activated upon DCS launch.

The folder 3DmigotoDCS_VR_x.y_openXR (x.y being the current version) used only with OpenXR mod.

1. There is only one folder inside, with name "3dmigoto".
  2. Copy this "3dmigoto" folder into the to the DCS game directory, under the \bin directory.
  3. The loader program ([DCSInstall]\bin\3dmigoto\3DMigoto Loader.exe) must start first before launching the DCS game. This loader program will open a MSDOS windows and wait for DCS to launch.

Note: You will have issue if DCS is installed in "program file" directory: it will not be possible to save your settings due to windows protection mechanism. You could try to move DCS as explained here (I did not test it) or launch DCS in administrator mode (in this case 3DMigoto Loader.exe should also be launch in admin. mode, if OpenXR mod is to be used)

Uninstallation :

It is best to use Jsgme or ovgme, but you can use the provided uninstall.bat

Technical Notes:

Global Setup Menu

The setup menu can be activated by pressing LSHIFT+F7. You can cycle different pages covering all mod settings. You can change values by using INS/DEL/HOME/END/PageUp/PageDown keys, the effect will be seen directly in game.

At the end you must save your settings and exit by pressing LALT+F12.

The menu is eating a lot of fps, but you are not supposed to have it opened all the fly time.

Help text position is defined for Pimax 5k+ with low FoV. You may need to adjust it by modifying this section in the file "user_settings.ini" (one setting for normal view and one setting for NVG view)

Hope it helps.

• Thanks 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

11 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Since you have made a request, let me see what I can do. I move the download link, with installation and uninstallation notes upward. I post my edit here:

Hope it helps.

Thanks, first post updated.

• Like 1

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

3 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello,

I created a v16 version, no new features but some cleaning, fix for reflection that where no more working for some planes and the usage of a different hash mechanism that may be less prone to be broken by new version of DCS. So I had to redo all shaders...

It may also improve a little bit fps, I did not check.

Can you test it  and report any issue ?

It is here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/nmem0vn6o6uezwi/3DmigotoDCS_VR_16.0b.zip/file

@Sr. : I still can not reproduce  your bug, can you test with this release ?

I updated also the troubleshooting guide to include OpenXR:

Still occurring: Again, this only happens with the A-10C II TGP & Maverick displays when trying to adjust cockpit or external color using the "Color Mul or Color Add" hot keys.

This is from a fresh install, first use of 16, having made no other changes.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Still doesn't work with Open Composite (for me) unfortunately. I've tried all troubleshooting steps. It works with SteamVR but I only use OpenXR now.

I've tried running the Loader from its own folder and also at the top level in the bin folder. Get errors both ways (the loader either tells me the d3d11.d11 is in the wrong folder, or, if it finds it OK, the 3DMigoto version of the .dll appears to clash with the original (or Open composite?) version of the .dll). 

Result is an error message and DCS crashes with error message.

Driving me mad. Has anyone got this working with Open Composite? If you have, can you see what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Okay, found the problem. There was a d3d11.dll left over in the /bin directory that had not been removed by OVGME  and it's this that was clashing with the mod. Now DCS launches. Thanks for help @speed-of-heat and others

Edited by Solemn-laugh

you have two copies installed, uninstall the all mods,  do a DCS repair, remove all extra files, and then reinstall 3dmigoto...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

At last I reproduced the problem reported by @Sr. I do not understand why I did not see it before...

So the 16.0.b1 is here for testing https://www.mediafire.com/file/fdoahm59yvql2ij/3DmigotoDCS_VR_16.0b1.zip/file

I'll update the first post when I'll have some feedback or time to test it a bit.

Edit : it was Sr. and not speed-of-heat who reported the issue with cockpit frame in MFD..

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

At last I reproduced the problem reported by @speed-of-heat, I do not understand why I did not see it before...

So the 16.0.b1 is here for testing https://www.mediafire.com/file/fdoahm59yvql2ij/3DmigotoDCS_VR_16.0b1.zip/file

I'll update the first post when I'll have some feedback or time to test it a bit.

which issue?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

55 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

So the 16.0.b1 is here for testing

Thanks, I finally got my install working and tested 16.0.b and it was good - will try 16.0.b1 and do some frame rate test etc over weekend. Thanks for your mod - great to lose the rotors to reduce artefacts

5 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

The cockpit frame in MFD.

I've tried out your latest release for OXR. I was only able to see the cockpit in on the Mav screen this time.

--Arthur C Clark

6 minutes ago, Sr. said:

I've tried out your latest release for OXR. I was only able to see the cockpit in on the Mav screen this time.

arrgh ! I setup a test based on MFD resolution (1024 or 512). It looks like maverick display is not at same resolution...I'll dig again.

2 hours ago, Sr. said:

I'm sorry, but I can again not reproduce :

without fix :
withoutfix.JPG

with fix of 16.0b
withfix.JPG

50 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

I'm sorry, but I can again not reproduce :

without fix :
withoutfix.JPG

with fix of 16.0b
withfix.JPG

I'll try it again during lunch break.

Adjusting the Sharpen/FXAA Luma appears to trigger it.

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

2 hours ago, Sr. said:

I'll try it again during lunch break.

Adjusting the Sharpen/FXAA Luma appears to trigger it.

Maybe it's an issue with the .bin cache file. Which settings are you using ?

35 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Maybe it's an issue with the .bin cache file. Which settings are you using ?

My user .ini and DCS settings

DCS Settings.JPG

d3dx_user.ini

--Arthur C Clark

Thanks @lefuneste01 for the 16.0b1 update, the cockpit mask/ghost is not showing anymore.

I just started using 3Dmigoto a few days ago and the features are really nice but I have a hard time understanding how FXAA works in relation to the variables we can play with.  I understand that you can't achieve as good a result as using MSAA but if you have any hint on which setting will get maximum anti-aliasing this would help.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

8 hours ago, WipeUout said:

Thanks @lefuneste01 for the 16.0b1 update, the cockpit mask/ghost is not showing anymore.

I just started using 3Dmigoto a few days ago and the features are really nice but I have a hard time understanding how FXAA works in relation to the variables we can play with.  I understand that you can't achieve as good a result as using MSAA but if you have any hint on which setting will get maximum anti-aliasing this would help.  

Well, in fact there is no control of FXAA...the variables are for the sharpen in cockpit, FXAA is done for outside. Maybe I should improve things a bit...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

looks like Shadows and Atmospheric Haze got broken 

I have seen a time or 2 where I thought the haze was broken, trying to adjust it on Caucuses. Switching to NTTC flight and it suddenly worked.

Then switch back to Caucuses and it was applied.

--Arthur C Clark

15 minutes ago, Sr. said:

I have seen a time or 2 where I thought the haze was broken, trying to adjust it on Caucuses. Switching to NTTC flight and it suddenly worked.

Then switch back to Caucuses and it was applied.

nope 🙂 its borked 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg