3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

54 минуты назад, speed-of-heat сказал:

It doesn't need shaders, indeed the shaders seem to intro distortions under openxr 

Tried OpenXR with Quest 2 and performance is great, but distortions are very obvious. Went through different threads here but still no luck. Shaders don't seem to affect this in my case, unfortunately.

Anyone has an idea on how to fix/compenstate these distortions? It looks like length of OpenXR presenter with Quest 2 is not in line with focal length used in DCS..

1 hour ago, Fiztex said:

Tried OpenXR with Quest 2 and performance is great, but distortions are very obvious. Went through different threads here but still no luck. Shaders don't seem to affect this in my case, unfortunately.

Anyone has an idea on how to fix/compenstate these distortions? It looks like length of OpenXR presenter with Quest 2 is not in line with focal length used in DCS..

you should take that to the OpenXR thread...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Только что, speed-of-heat сказал:

you should take that to the OpenXR thread...

Yep, actually I solved it myself with this one:

Yep, sorry for off-topic. It's just OpenXR is so good even for Quest 2 that I want to scream everywhere about it 😆

Getting a weird effect... when I look at the TGP or MAV screen in the A-10C II I can see a small transparent outline of the canopy in the screens. Really jacks with the WH/BH polarity.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

18 hours ago, Fiztex said:

How do you make it to work? Please DM. Sorry for off-topic

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

9 hours ago, Sr. said:

Getting a weird effect... when I look at the TGP or MAV screen in the A-10C II I can see a small transparent outline of the canopy in the screens. Really jacks with the WH/BH polarity.

I can not reproduce. Can you post a track ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

28 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

I can not reproduce. Can you post a track ?

I can only see the effect in VR, not in 2D mode.

CP.trk

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

On 4/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, Sr. said:

I can only see the effect in VR, not in 2D mode.

CP.trk 2.3 MB · 2 downloads

I still can not reproduce, either with SVR or OpenXR...can you post your d3dx_user.ini and your graphics settings? By the way, the track is very long to load, my  DCS spent a long time on "spawning objects" step

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

2 минуты назад, HoBGoBLiNzx3 сказал:

I've been looking through threads, so excuse me If I missed it but..

wondering if there is a way to actually save the settings to load in when DCS is launched, so you don't have to set it up every time you launch. I keep having to redo mine every launch.

Most likely your DCS is in Program Files and Windows prevents the mod to write anything into config file. Move the DCS folder outside of Windows folders and it's going to work fine. No need to reinstall, just move it somewhere manually.

Edited by Fiztex

1 hour ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

I've been looking through threads, so excuse me If I missed it but..

wondering if there is a way to actually save the settings to load in when DCS is launched, so you don't have to set it up every time you launch. I keep having to redo mine every launch.

The file that stores your changes is called d3dx_user.ini and is located in the same folder with the 3DMigoto files.  As @Fiztex said, if your DCS is installed in the Program Files folder, you will run into file access/permissions issues from mods because they will be unable to modify or create files in that location due to Windows security protections.  DCS should be installed in another location, especially if you intend to mod it.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:29 AM, lefuneste01 said:

I still can not reproduce, either with SVR or OpenXR...can you post your d3dx_user.ini and your graphics settings? By the way, the track is very long to load, my  DCS spent a long time on "spawning objects" step

Seems to be caused by adjusting the color settings. After I've adjusted them slightly, and it appears, I can clear it up by pressing Shift+F1

d3dx_user.ini

--Arthur C Clark

On 4/16/2022 at 7:35 AM, Nightstorm said:

The file that stores your changes is called d3dx_user.ini and is located in the same folder with the 3DMigoto files.  As @Fiztex said, if your DCS is installed in the Program Files folder, you will run into file access/permissions issues from mods because they will be unable to modify or create files in that location due to Windows security protections.  DCS should be installed in another location, especially if you intend to mod it.

On 4/16/2022 at 6:26 AM, Fiztex said:

Most likely your DCS is in Program Files and Windows prevents the mod to write anything into config file. Move the DCS folder outside of Windows folders and it's going to work fine. No need to reinstall, just move it somewhere manually.

Thanks guys! 

Are any of you guys running OPENXR toolkit along side this?

I can't get that to work it crashes DCS before even starting, likely cause I have openxr dev tools installed but right now openxr is running at least. lol

Works fine on oxr with wmr, are you using the openxr version of this mod?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

9 hours ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

Thanks guys! 

Are any of you guys running OPENXR toolkit along side this?

I can't get that to work it crashes DCS before even starting, likely cause I have openxr dev tools installed but right now openxr is running at least. lol

Yes, I'm using the OXR version of this mod with the toolkit and companion app installed.

8 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

Yes, I'm using the OXR version of this mod with the toolkit and companion app installed.

That is so weird. If I install the toolkit and run the openxr dev tools it crashes once I change tabs and DCS wont start. It's only the openxr toolkit though... Everything else works.. So weird. 

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to install 3dmigoto correctly ?

I want to do it with OVMGE. (I also use OpenXR)

So: i put the folder 3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.2_openxr in the folder where the mods are and where OVMGE accesses. Right? (See screenshot)

If I then activate 3Dmigoto, the files contained in the bin folder of 3Dmigoto do not unpack into the bin folder of DCS, but a bin folder appears in the bin DCS folder. This is not right!

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

FAFB73E3-135A-4E39-90B6-DB9262571305.png

DB6D3746-CE5D-4633-AC0F-73156341C69F.png

I switch to OpenXR. I put the whole "3dmigoto" folder under DCS bin directory and it seems that it is not working either. Any help would be appreciated.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 hours ago, A.F. said:

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to install 3dmigoto correctly ?

I want to do it with OVMGE. (I also use OpenXR)

So: i put the folder 3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.2_openxr in the folder where the mods are and where OVMGE accesses. Right? (See screenshot)

If I then activate 3Dmigoto, the files contained in the bin folder of 3Dmigoto do not unpack into the bin folder of DCS, but a bin folder appears in the bin DCS folder. This is not right!

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I'm not sure how much this helps, but here goes:

I had the same issue (also using openXR version) couldn't figure out where to put the files as the zip and OVGME didn't place them in the correct 'bin' folder. I guessed based on this forum thread (see before and after screens below).

Ran 3DMigoto Loader.exe from this folder.

With this configuration the loader starts without errors, but I get errors trying to load DCS – something to do with OpenXR (I think it said error code 13) so I still have not got it working. So it appears the mod is starting up at least?

All I want to do is remove the AH-64 rotor as it's full of attracts with motion reprojection – everywhere outside of the rotors is silky smooth now using the OpenXR mod.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this working or how to just remove the rotors if that's a simpler hack? Thanks.

Also: just saw this from the OP/Mod author. May help:

"I did not update the troubleshhoting guide for openXR but main things are the same : make the standard 3dmigoto mod working without any other mod, on a cleaned DCS install. Then try to install other mods and check impact. So please try to test on standard steamVR configuration before looking for OpenXR...

Once you'll have it working, uninstall the normal version, install the openXR mod and the opnXR version of 3dmigoto mod, and have a look on [DCSinstallationDirectory]\bin\3dmigoto..."

Screenshot 2022-04-20 125702.pngScreenshot 2022-04-20 125932.png

Edited by Solemn-laugh
Added more info from Mod Author
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Solemn-laugh said:

Ran 3DMigoto Loader.exe from this folder.

Yup, I guess I have missed this part! It is working now!

Too bad, I cannot run it from a batch file, even though I have change to the folder first. I have to go to this folder and run it. Bummer!

Edit: make a shortcut to the loader works

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

2 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Yup, I guess I have missed this part! It is working now!

Too bad, I cannot run it from a batch file, even though I have change to the folder first. I have to go to this folder and run it. Bummer!

Edit: make a shortcut to the loader works

Can you have a look on first post and explain where I should put more information to explain how to use the mod for openXR ? Maybe I'll put a sentence in red...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Can you have a look on first post and explain where I should put more information to explain how to use the mod for openXR ? Maybe I'll put a sentence in red...

Assuming I have things in the correct place, maybe show all the files and folders that need to go in the /bin folder?
I remade the zip with this structure for OVGME.  I’m getting crashes but assume I now have install correct (I will go through the troubleshooting you suggest).

This image is what my new zip file looks like for OVGME. It installs all of these at the top level, so: [your DCS install] / bin ...

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for your hard work on MOD. Sure I will get it working soon. Fingers crossed.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 160214.png

Edited by Solemn-laugh

3 hours ago, Solemn-laugh said:

I’m getting crashes but assume I now have install correct

Just installed the Steam VR version - works well (I just tried removing the rotor - that's the most important thing for me).

But the Open XR version crashes each time and DCS won't launch. Here's the error message if it helps. 

It's crashing open composite - any ideas for a fix? Thanks

Screenshot 2022-04-20 191201.png

Use main DCS folder as:

image.png

Cause .zip have already \Bin in the folder structure so with your configuration right now it goes to DCS\bin\bin

Its easier if u just unpack from ZIP. OVGME work well with regular unpack folders. My settings:
image.png

+above

+ remember to run EXE before u run DCS

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

It doesn't matter what mod tool you use or if you do it manually... but the 3dmigoto folder needs to go under the dcs bin folder, according to the first post. The contents of it do not go in the bin folder. That is the only way the instruction to run the initial loader exe before running dcs.exe is valid...

"The mod must be launched with [DCSInstall]\bin\3dmigoto\3DMigoto Loader.exe prior to DCS.exe execution"

Intel i5-12600K | RTX4080 Super OC 16GB | 64GB 3600 MHz RAM | M.2 SSDs | Meta Quest 3