What do you all think?

centermass

Unfortunatly its not a shock. FOr anyone who have played LOMAC ever since it was launched will sure to remenber some strange events hapening from time to time. I have observed R-73 Shlems backwards for years perhaps about 5 or 6 times, once every few months. As you can see, its been arround for quite some time but I had no proof on how this and other things could be donne and as such I kept quiet about it. Frankly I didnt want to know because I knew it could be hacked then just not sure how exactly. The least people would find out in the future the better. Me included.

So 'hackers' can continue using exploits without the admins being aware of it? Great thinking, this approach might get us extinct as a race. Now, holding back things will eventually bite the online community in its collective behind. Not that I care, If I wanted I could have virtually unlimited weapons, even with them having the official weight, it's all about proportions in lomac and meint rigging ;) But seriousely, cheaping in a flight sim is as pathetic as cheating in any kind of multiplayer game that has some 'equal standards' in mind. It's a goddamn game people, it might make you feel better by cheating, but eventually, this all are just switches flipping fronm 1 to 0 and so on. No matter how good you are in lomac, it cannot, and any substantial way compare to real flying, weapon moddeling, and real simulators for that matter. This is not a pun on lomac, just remember that this is a game, and not a real simulator that costs 100000s $ and is aimed at simulating as many variables as possible.

Don't you think it's pathetic to cheat a goddamn game, I mean come on, you play online because you want real oponnents, and if you do so, you may have some decency and respect towards others. Or do you 'hackers' too cheat when having to roll dice, play poker with friends, play chess, reading a book? I agree you should be allowed to mod the game in any way you like, heck, you want a 80:1 thrust to weight ratio, have it, be my guest, as long as both sides have some kind of standards in terms of payload, macro use and all other grey areas of online play. This all online, again: online, OFFline you can do whatever you want, make a USS Enterprise-E with warp drive, make photon torpedoes, just don't use them if the oponnent is flying a vanilla F-15C.

This is a game, and rules are needed, then there should be people that will follow them, unless they have problems with it, if so, then they should use the boards to contact the admins and ask, if not convince to include their liking in the official server rules.

So if a server says heaters only, don't show up with AIM-54Cs, if you do, then you deserve a ban, if you have a dynamic IP and keep on returning, well, unfortunately in such cases only human intervention can help.

Some kind of Meint explorer can be added, so a server can post the needed files, or modifications to the Meint and others if ED won't allow direct distribution. That way online gamers just have to choose a set of parameters, made specifically for the server they want to play on, so you can switch from 'server 1' profile, with its fantastic F-15 with 50 aim-120 stations and Su-27s flying at Mach 5, to 'server 2' with its conservative engine thrust values and R-27R and Aim-7 equipped fighters.

• Like 2

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

So 'hackers' can continue using exploits without the admins being aware of it?

Not realy. Its has been reported by others a few times, so its not like they can go unnoticed. The biggest problem has been to find out how they did it. Without further clues there was no way anyone could claim having seen it without making himself look like a fool because no text or XML edit could do it, leaving the code itself as the only other hypothesis.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest 14 Dead Men

Why are people so anti?, I dont see anyone complaining about LOPE and I know alot of ppl edit certain files in LOMAC, My app is still in early R&D days yet it will be called LOSE and will be released the day after BS has been released. Dont knock it till you've tried it ok.

If you are surrounded by "anti" people 2 things could be the cause:

1)They could just happen to be all of the same opposite opinion of yourself.

2)They could be suspicious about your alien intentions.

Either way I wouldnt want to face such united front! Its bad for health. ;)

My PC specs below:

Guest 14 Dead Men
14DG, why don't you just say exactly what your editor does and see if people want it? You could easily post a poll and find out the community's opinions.

BTW, I hate LOPE. Always have. But we can't put that genie back in the bottle.

I really would like to tell you what LOSE is capable of but I'm not releasing anything untill BS is out I dont want LOSE patched we have put far to much work in for that, Let's just say it's totally uncoventional and does not touch the meinit whatsoever, You can only be caught using this if you have 1 option enabled, TACVIEW is blind to the rest as long as the option is selected in game and not before. LOSE really is something else, and I'd suggest to all to try it, you will be impressed I can assure you.

Also I'd like to add that this is in NO way illegal and only takes place on the client machine, Also there is no spyware or virus.

Hacking is different than glitching. Hacking is making changes to to the program to get an advantage while glitching is using exploits or problems with the game to gain an advantage.

They are both lame.

14 Dead men why don't you make an anti cheat program instead? Any one can hack, but beat the hackers, then you have got something.

Guest 14 Dead Men

Guys can you please stop using the word "hacking", I'm in no way trying to remotley exploit a machine that does not belong to me. LOSE runs on the clients machine.

I can see this is not really being welcomed by a few and to be honest I'm quite dissappointed, but I've had alot of PM's in support of LOSE.

Centremass you'd have to install a driver on the users machine to detect LOSE, I dont think many users are gonna like that.

So just tell us what it does, and people might just get off your back...

Does it help us cycle missions?

Does it help us set meinit?

What does it do...?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest 14 Dead Men

Like I said I'd like to tell you about LOSE but I dont want LOSE to be patched before BS is released.

In a nutshell it allows you to edit a range of parameters of a mission played online.

:( But it only does it on the client machine running L.O.S.E and it's mostly not detectable by the server... So it's quite clearley is an exploit or why else would they patch it?

Maybe you could add an .R to the end of it's title... sorry if that seems harsh, I'm not attacking you, just what 'I think' your program does, if the rules are not the same for all players, what is the point of playing...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like to tell you about LOSE but I dont want LOSE to be patched before BS is released

I can't see how this ^ means anything other than that you think ED will try to counter LOSE as fast as they can when it's released & you want the 'glory' of being able to show how you've F*cked up the online gaming for BS as soon as it's released.

P*ss off & play with yourself somewhere else.

• Like 1

Cheers.

I can't see how this ^ means anything other than that you think ED will try to counter LOSE as fast as they can when it's released & you want the 'glory' of being able to show how you've F*cked up the online gaming for BS as soon as it's released...

I see your point and wholeheartedly agree...

No longer active in DCS...

I'm not hacking anything and what I'm building is not illegal and neither is the program.

if you have nothing to hide then please enlightnen us as to exactly what is your program suposed to do? The way you are talking what ever it is you have can't be anything nice...

Why are people so anti?, I dont see anyone complaining about LOPE and I know alot of ppl edit certain files in LOMAC, My app is still in early R&D days yet it will be called LOSE and will be released the day after BS has been released.

anyone share my hinch that if this guy claims to release this "application" right after BS is released, he wouls have to have BS early built already? Wouldn't that mean 14 Dead Men would have to be wither ED beta tester or having someone in the beta test team leaking BS to him? :huh: I am starting to really dislike what I am reading in this thread and what this program can/will do...

EDIT: ah wait... if LOFC and BS share same game code then actually he woldn't need BS beta, right? Which would mean he could be anyone??????

L.O.S.E. What an inspiring name. But you should come clean about it so we could know where you stand exactly. The way you announced it does look suspicious Im afraid. You can only minimize damage because you have already opened the pandoras box.

I hope you dont feel upset by these opinions and be compelled to release it secretly just to those who sent your PM's. Either you do it for all or dont at all. I think I speak for 80% of the people here that you should opt for the 2nd. But thats just me.

My PC specs below:

14 Dead Men

Do me a favour and Humour yourself and Inform Us Exactly as to what your "application" entails. Why in all that's wonderful is it necessary for all this Cloak-and-Dagger secrecy in any event.

Personally I have developed an Intense disliking of all that's related to this so-called "application". I am however willing to give you the benefit of the doubt at this stage by giving you this chance to elaborate fully on it's parameters and/or intended use.

Now's your Chance: Either Put Up or Shut Up...............Either way I'm looking Forward to the conclusion of this matter.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'