GRIPEN MOD

Has anyone figured out how to make the taxi/landing lights to work on this mod? :)

Kinda wish i could fly it even when it's not daytime... ;)

No can do. They are setup on different augment numbers and without access tot he code of A. JF-17 or B. The 3D model for gripen so we can change the numbers. You can see that the animations work in the model viewer but we have no way of triggering them.

I got ahold of the VSN guys (or guy) and got a new version of the exterior model. I have placed this with my so far unreleased Gripen flight model changes. So far Ai functions perfectly.

Got lights working

Ai can use the fuel probe

TPOD mount on the Gripen is working

Added Gripen fuel tanks

Added gripens crew ladder (to be tested)

Since the gripen normally has much better electronics and a full 3 extra hard points I used some of the slots on the model to make them into pod areas. There is one for the data and one for ecm. This is done to try to offset what I can to match the Gripen Cs electronics. The pods do not show on the model.

How the mod differs from at actual gripen

1. The gripen actually has more lights but they are not on the model

2. I cannot change out the JF-17s gun for the gripens. The system didn't like it.

3. While the Chinese took massive ”ques” from the Gripen when making their cockpit they went extremely cheap in some ways. Example being the oxygen knob. Stuff like that we can't change but for the most part the cockpits are extremely close.

4. Uses Chinese weapons. I don't know if the system will work if I put then on so I am not going to try.

In how has the flight model been changed.

The only reason why I see this in any way working is the fact that the Jeff and the Gripen on paper are extremely close IN EVERYTHING. Gripens engine is stronger but it's afterburner doesn't put out as much top force. The Jeff is lighter but this because the Gripen carries more fuel. The Gripen is about 2 extra meters on wing area. Now these are figures I am pulling out of my head on the fly so forgive me is some details are a bit off. But you get the idea. Luckily all these minor details are public (minus radar cross section because Saab inflates there numbers, so I had to use 3rd party intelligence reports. ) and I am able to change them via the lua scripting. With the aircraft being so close to each other after these numbers are changed the EFM should take care of the rest.

This is sadly all I can do and as close as I can get to a gripen in DCS. Hopefully the VSN guys are on the ball and everything works out with being able to control things in the cockpit.

• Like 1

Are you planning to release the flight model and new mods?

Very interested in this as I love the Grippen and the Swedish design approach in general, they are so inivitave. At the moment I fly the Viggen a lot, its features were very advanced for its time.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright here you go. Probe is functional for Ai, problem is I dont know enough about systems to change the bindings of the jf-17 switches to fire the animation to extend the probe. Updated model from the VSN guys (THANKS AGAIN!!!!). If anyone can get the probe to work let me know and Ill update the package.

mods.gorgas.airforce/Gripen.zip

Install it directly over the JF-17 in the install of DCS. yes it brakes IC (duh)

Alright here you go. Probe is functional for Ai, problem is I dont know enough about systems to change the bindings of the jf-17 switches to fire the animation to extend the probe. Updated model from the VSN guys (THANKS AGAIN!!!!). If anyone can get the probe to work let me know and Ill update the package.

http://mods.gorgas.airforce/Gripen.zip

Install it directly over the JF-17 in the install of DCS. yes it brakes IC (duh)

Nice job Neon thank you but your link is not working for me “server not found”

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

On 12/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, tn_prvteye said:

So I have no interest in flying the JF-17, but I LOVE the Gripen.  Is it worth buying just to use this Mod?

I would second that! Also, it would be nice to share the MOD with a YouTuber and let him try it out. The Gripen looks like a great alternative and has alot to offer. I would definitely get the module if ED did it.

Hi all,

I was able to make the Mod work with OB 2.5.6.58125:

1) Go to https://www.lockonforum.de/community/thread/8277-jas-39-gripen/?postID=84672#post84672

2) Download the  DCS World Stable SFM Version

3) Put the content of the zip under your C:\Users\*NAME*\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\   **You may need to create the \Mods\aircraft\ folders)

4) Run the "(standard) F-15C und AG mit Su25T Avionik.cmd" (in my case to have the F15 Cockpit) to create the correct entry LUA.

Start DCS and enjoy. 

If you guys don't mind, I would like to mix and match some of the content above until I get the JF-17. (E.G. weapons or new flight model)

Cheers,

Whisky

• Like 1