Bradley can swim

Knives

Can't find a single real life video of a swimming Bradley...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Can't find a single real life video of a swimming Bradley...

I found this

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Awesome, thanks! :thumbup:

Still, the M2A2 we have in DCS, shouldn't be ampbhibious anymore as far as I understand?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Awesome, thanks! :thumbup:

Still, the M2A2 we have in DCS, shouldn't be ampbhibious anymore as far as I understand?

Apparently they still are:

according to web readings (worth what it worth) armor upgrade removed swim barrier but also all M2 Bradley variants are amphibious (with or without swim barrier) with a 7km/h in water max speed.

Edited by ams999

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Apparently they still are:

Is that still being trained then? Do Bradley drivers learn how to operate their vehicle amphibiously?

I'm really curious about this. Just a few days ago I was wondering about the amphibious capabilities of the USMC LAV-25 and what I found was pretty underwhelming. Now with the Bradley it's pretty much nothing I can find on its amphibious capabilities, at least nothing from the past 15 years :dunno:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

The A2’s initially came with the swim barriers. I was in the 3ID and in 93 or 94 we were told to remove the barriers since the A2 was to heavy to swim due to the upgraded armor as opposed to the A0 or A1.

The_GhostRider

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The_GhostRider

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's also this tidbit, not sure if accurate.

All Bradleys are amphibious. Earlier models are equipped with a water barrier, which is fitted by the crew before entering the water. A3 models have an inflatable pontoon which fits on the front and sides of the vehicle. Water propulsion is provided by tracks and the Bradley can attain a maximum speed of 7.2km/h in water.

https://www.army-technology.com/projects/bradley/

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Inflatable pontoon? :huh:

How is it employed? Is its use being practised by the US Army?

Tornado3 small.jpg