Please prioritise TWS and flare count

Arctander

Ed,

The hornet is currently sub par in multiplayer.

The lack of TWS means an opposing pilot is always alerted prior to you being able to take a shot so removes one option.

The incorrect flare count makes the hornet vulnerable in a multiplayer engagement.

I do not understand why the walleye is more important than TwS from a priority perspective, and I am baffled why it has taken over a year and a half for tws to come out.

Now you have taken part of the team off the hornet to get the viper ready, this has further delayed TWS. (I do not like what you are doing here for the record and given my experience with the hornet I will not be purchasing the viper till the hornet and the viper are completed).

Please therefore with the resource you currently have, and furthermore when the hornet team is back to strength get TWS into the hornet and fix the flare count ASAP and more Importantly in future consider multiplayer more when prioritising aspects to work on.

never heard of an incorrect flare count on the hornet. what do you mean by that?

our flares are 1/2 of what they should be, even Wag's acknowledged that they messed it up and told us about 6 months ago it would be fixed eventually.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

• ED Team

Hi

Flare count is on the list.

Walleye is closest to having its systems integrated in the hornet which is why we are saying it is next.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I still very much support ED and I have already purchased the F16C, and I will still purchase new modules because they have always delivered before (I really have the impression that ED is formed of a really passionate team of people striving for the best), but yes I also really would love to see finally the TWS soon after the Viper storm release is out.

For me there are 4 items that are really important for combat effectiveness in MP and after which i´m totally fine that what is left goes much more slower:

-TWS

-Fully fleshed TGP (Symbology and possibility to slave it to waypoints/markpoints)

-Markpoints in conjuction with the JHMCS (So you can mark a spot looking at it)

-Fully fleshed HOTAS functionality

I can patiently wait for the rest. I can even live with the low flare count.

Hi

Walleye is closest to having its systems integrated in the hornet which is why we are saying it is next.

Can you say why the walleye is closer than TWS.

I din’t Know understand why a niche MITL weapon of dubious usage (post jdam and jsow) is even been worked on instead of a highly useful capability for a2a?

What is the logic behind that?

Why after LTWS was put in was TWS not next on the list?

Many things are ‘on the liat’ But there appears to be no disernable logic behind what happens when.

I would highly abode Ed to our in place either (or both) an updated ‘flow” to show the order of system integration planned, and/or allow the (both single player and no) community to provide a priority list to help Ed keep their customer base updated and happy and rebuild bridges that are deteriorating.

Hi

I din’t Know understand why a niche MITL weapon of dubious usage (post jdam and jsow) is even been worked on instead of a highly useful capability for a2a?

Many things are ‘on the liat’ But there appears to be no disernable logic behind what happens when.

I would highly advise Ed to our in place either (or both) an updated ‘flow” to show the order of system integration planned, and/or allow the (both single player and no) community to provide a priority list to help Ed keep their customer base updated and happy and rebuild bridges that are deteriorating.

Edited by Arctander

I would highly abode Ed to our in place either (or both) an updated ‘flow” to show the order of system integration planned, and/or allow the (both single player and no) community to provide a priority list to help Ed keep their customer base updated and happy and rebuild bridges that are deteriorating.

The strange priority is simply explained in light of the new update (As some of us correctly assumed weeks ago...). Basically the coders working on the important complex systems like TWS / TGP / JDAM / INS have all been moved across to the Viper. For how long now? We can only guess.

That leaves a coder or two spare to work on 'side' features (Walleye) that don't directly integrate with above mentioned items. ED will need to make a real effort to re build bridges for sure.

(As some of us correctly assumed weeks ago...).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4043522&postcount=33

Once again, 3 weeks ago it wasnt the case, the decision was now made to help out for Viper release, when that is done, then they will move back to the Hornet.

The overall slowdown with the Hornet is simply the complexity of the systems being done now.

While I can't speak for ED, I can tell you this. If someone came on a forum and started to DEMAND that they know the inner workings of how my company operated, I'd laugh in their faces. What is important to you, might not be important to the next person. As a matter of fact, depending on who you ask, the A/G Radar is more important than TWS, and for others the Targeting Pod is more important than both.

You have no right to demand anything, you signed up for Early Access and are at the whim of whatever ED decides to deliver, and whenever they are able to deliver those systems. Delivering what you want is going to probably piss off 80% of the rest of the community, but hey, at least you're happy.

I advise you to de-center yourself from the universe, and start appreciating and thanking ED for a simulator that already knocks all other combat-sims out of the park. If you're unable to do that, I highly recommend you stop buying Early Access and/or go play some other game.

When I started with DCS 2 years ago, I would have never thought that a once friendly and helpful community would turn into this cancerous entitled mess. Jeez, what is wrong with you people?

i5-6480 | 1070Ti 8GB | 16GB DDR3 | TM T16000 FCS |

F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | Spitfire | FW 190 D9 | BF 109 K4 | Mig15 | AV8B NA | Mirage 2000 | L39 | Yak52 | UH1 Huey | Mi8 | C101 | FC3 | F16 | P47 | Mi24

"I just don't like entitled little kids" :music_whistling:

Please stop.

I'm sorry I don't believe an single word of it any more. Trust is broken. Let's stop pretending now, the Hornet has suffered as a result of the Viper, to one extent or another. If you need Viper for ED to survive then so be it. But I'm tired of the same line.

Edited by AvroLanc

I'm 60 % mostly on AA in the Hornet and while I'm also 100 % with you regarding the TWS I must say its not gonna really a game changer in MP. You actually can use LTWS to perform "silent" kill ala Eagle and as you probably already see and try its not as effective as in Eagle in PK. Yes it can improve the PK but not much.

Regarding the Flares there's workaround for it. You can edit the Lua file so each time only dispense one flare or one chaff. Please search Redkite video on Youtube. Its safe and will pass the IC.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Please stop.

I'm sorry I don't believe an single word of it any more. Trust is broken. Let's stop pretending now, the Hornet has suffered as a result of the Viper, to one extent or another. If you need Viper for ED to survive then so be it. But I'm tired of the same line.

What you do or don't believe is your problem, not ED's.

Want to get a feel for real betrayal and disappointment? Go buy an Electronic Arts game like Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and have it destroyed within 2 weeks because of additional DLC's and/or lootboxes. You are disappointed because of expectations you created for yourself. I have scoured this forum from top to bottom, and NOWHERE has ED made any promises regarding how quickly they would deliver a finished Hornet after EA release.

Do you honestly feel that the most versatile and currently realistic multi-role fighter in DCS, the F/A18C Hornet, is truly disadvantaged against the other modules in DCS on any Multiplayer Server? Do you truly feel that the money you spent on the Hornet was a complete waste when compared to, let's say, the F14/FC3/M2000 etc? Or is this a case of you not actually owning any of those modules, and having all your hopes and dreams pinned on a single module?

The Hornet has suffered due to the Viper, ED has been open and honest about that. You really think in the greater scheme of things that a few days, or even a few weeks matter?

i5-6480 | 1070Ti 8GB | 16GB DDR3 | TM T16000 FCS |

F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | Spitfire | FW 190 D9 | BF 109 K4 | Mig15 | AV8B NA | Mirage 2000 | L39 | Yak52 | UH1 Huey | Mi8 | C101 | FC3 | F16 | P47 | Mi24

"I just don't like entitled little kids" :music_whistling:

I would highly advise Ed to our in place either (or both) an updated ‘flow” to show the order of system integration planned, and/or allow the (both single player and no) community to provide a priority list to help Ed keep their customer base updated and happy and rebuild bridges that are deteriorating.

Pretty simple - you can see from Wags' updates that there's been one coder working on the majority of the weapons (Mavs, LGBs, JDAMs, JSOWs, Harpoon and now the Walleye). The Walleye is a pretty sensible stepping stone to the SLAM/SLAM-ER, so makes sense that he's on that next. There is a completely separate guy working on TWS (he's the one that did LTWS and MSI). They've had four people working on the Hornet all tackling different things at the same time, just because two people have been shifted off doesn't mean that the other two stop work - it also doesn't make sense to hold off on releasing the Walleye just because everyone wants TWS next.

Edited by backspace340

• ED Team
Please stop.

Feel free to believe whatever you wish,

The truth is the team members have just been moved across to help with the viper and we have let you all know.

Work still continues on the Hornet with reaming team members.

If you feel trust is broken sorry, but nothing we will say will change that perception it seems.

As we are getting off topic thread closed.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2