WMR DEBUG TOOL - cross eye alignment

BIGNEWY

1 hour ago, aceviper said:

Wow the difference!!

My G2 feels as sharp as my 4k monitor.

The wow factor is back.

Thanks to all involved.

I also have a G2 and will try this tool that I did not know existes when I get back home.

Since I dont really understand how it works could you say what buttons you pressed or values you changed in the tool when it showed up on the screen when you started DCS? What steps you did so to say

Hey Fisherman

There are swap eyes.....mirror eyes...swap top and bottom projection....and reset values.

For me I just mirrored left eye values.

Slightly less blurred....maybe less crossed🤪..more relaxed.

And not using any antialiasing.

There is shimmer...but much much less when eyes are aligned properly.

But much sharper near and far.

Edited by aceviper
  • Thanks 1

Thanks ED, G2 now back to its best

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

hello community

i Wonder how do you know how to fine tune this software.

i play with g2 and oxr.

my vision feels quite good i must admit. maybe... my left eye is a bit unconfortable.... but it is just à feeling.

is there a precise technic to fit perfectly with my vision?

i saw lines to setup things for those who play with steamvr.... but it is not my case.

thanks for your advices 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 4:54 PM, aceviper said:

Here is my adjusted setting.

Place in saved games/dcs world.

See if your image is sharper.

Or play around with settings in tool.

WMR Holographic Controller.xr2.lua 176 B · 4 downloads

thank you.

will have a look

👍

On 11/26/2023 at 4:21 AM, Poniat said:

Hello all, just made a little visual to give some idea what the variables and some magnitude and direction of adjustments do in the "WMR Debug Tool"

WMR Debug Visual.jpg

very nice

thank a lot

22 hours ago, average_pilot said:

Does anyone know why DCS specifically, among all the VR software out there, needs this tool?

It may sound like a mean question, but I'm really curious about the real reasons.

I second "average_pilot" question, It will be helpful to know where these numbers "RAW" are taken from and hand-offs from app to app. I spent hundreds of hours trying to tweak this and is still not good. If community knew more where these numbers come from and where are they used in different stages on getting VR picture, maybe we can figure it out together how to fix this. It seems that this bug makes the game unplayable in VR to many people.  So far I learned that these numbers maybe stored on the VR headset itself and are numbers from factory calibration to adjust for imperfection in lenses and screens mounting and curvatures ... I think.  If that is true, how does DCS gets these wrong?

I need to set the "swap eyes" setting by every dcs start. The initial srteen always appears. "Save and exit" button is red and does not react to clicking. 

I deleted the original lua file when trying to reset the tool. I have G2, what is the file name?

• 4 weeks later...

Since I have not seen anything in this publication, I explain my method.  I don't know if this will be the best way but what I did to align my eyes was to look at some small letters, in my case the small message that appears under the Master Caution button in the cockpit of the F16 (any other one can be used, it doesn't have to be this one), says something like "PRESS TO RESET" .

Then I moved my head closer and further away to see if I would go cross-eyed when I got closer.  If I go cross-eyed, I touch parameters until I leave the settings for both the right and left eyes to avoid this situation.  There comes a time when you can see the message well, zoom out or zoom in, that would be the optimal adjustment point.

I accept suggestions.  Greetings and thank you.

Edited by Silver_
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jurinko said:

I have found if I use steamvr as openxr runtime, the lua file is not created and I need to re-adjust it at every start. 

I don't know if it's worth doing it through steamvr, in my case it didn't work any better. At least in previous versions of DCS.

Edited by Silver_

2 hours ago, Silver_ said:

I don't know if it's worth doing it through steamvr, in my case it didn't work any better. At least in previous versions of DCS.

It runs the reprojection with much less artifacts than openxr.

Anyway back to the topic - make symmetrical by the left eye improves the eyestrain and makes everything more 3d, with more realistic perception of depth.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 7:21 AM, Silver_ said:

Since I have not seen anything in this publication, I explain my method.  I don't know if this will be the best way but what I did to align my eyes was to look at some small letters, in my case the small message that appears under the Master Caution button in the cockpit of the F16 (any other one can be used, it doesn't have to be this one), says something like "PRESS TO RESET" .

Then I moved my head closer and further away to see if I would go cross-eyed when I got closer.  If I go cross-eyed, I touch parameters until I leave the settings for both the right and left eyes to avoid this situation.  There comes a time when you can see the message well, zoom out or zoom in, that would be the optimal adjustment point.

I accept suggestions.  Greetings and thank you.

sounds good.

i tried kind of technic but i dont know what parameter i have to move to correct my view. and after trying lots of parameters one of my eyes hurts a bit and i feel my vision disturbed to continu to tune it

5 hours ago, Tony86 said:

sounds good.

i tried kind of technic but i dont know what parameter i have to move to correct my view. and after trying lots of parameters one of my eyes hurts a bit and i feel my vision disturbed to continu to tune it

Don't complicate your life, if you see that your vision bothers you, you may be forcing your eyes into an unnatural position. Try to adjust your vision with simpler parameters such as the align with the right or left eye or  up-dowh align buttons. If everything is ok, it doesn't have to bother you after a few hours of flying, otherwise you have done something wrong.