DCS: Black Shark - Q&A **READ FIRST!**

EvilBivol-1

Extra nations can easily be modded into Lock-on and in such a way that you can't tell that they haven't been there all along. All it takes is some artistic skills to make it look good(especially with the pilotlogs).....and a lot of time :)

I haven't tried it in the Black Shark betas, but I don't see any reason why that wouldn't also be the case in this. If anything it should actually be easier because all the new 3D models don't have the restrictions of the old ones in terms of how many colourschemes they can support......i.e. you don't have to redistribute colourscheme slots from existing nations in order to provide country specific ones for new nations :) .

JJ

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank's Alfa, but i speak about an official thing by E.D.

I don't see any problems with an official inclusion in Black Shark, more that, as you say, extra nations should be easily added.

Italy isn't a marginal nation in the international (and NATO) theatre, and imho, DCS scenary will be more realistic with Italy country available.

I hope to have an answer by Wags. ;)

Bye

Phant

AMVI

• ED Team

Phat,

Hopefully in a later version of DCS (maybe A-10) we will do so. There are several other countries I'd like to add. However, at this time we are in feature freeze... we need to get this project done.

Guys, two question about Panavia Tornado.

Which are the differences between GR3 and GR4 version?

And why you are modeled GR3 (seen in the last shots) and not the GR4 (that are in service on RAF)?

Thanks in advance! :smilewink:

Bye

Phant

• Like 1

AMVI

The description in the screens section say "Tornado GR3" (with Firefox check "not load images").

tornadoqb8.th.jpg

Bye

Phant

It's most likely a labelling error on the website - as Gys points out, the Mk3 version of the Tornado was an interceptor. And if Gys says he modelled the GR4, I'd be inclined to believe him ;)

Both the Jaguar and the Harrier came in GR3 variants, so the designation isn't unheard of . . . but wrong for this aircraft.

• Like 1

Does 6dof have a limits in cockpit - not like in FSX where we can lean behind the cockpit? If it does can we lean off the cp when doors are opened?
Yes, head movement is limited. IIRC, the limits are adjustable in lua. By default, you cannot move enough to lean outside the door.
  • Like 2

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Question. for us pit builders, will we be able to use potinometers throue a IO card to adjust the hud dim/bright? Can we asine the pot. to a certin dile in the cocpit? And how many axes will be suported in game?

• Like 2

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I have a question... last weekend I bought Windows Vista Ultimate OS and after installning it (tried both 32 and 64 bit version) I find V-sync can no longer be forced in graphics driver. Reading the internet post I saw many people saying this no longer works in Vista for both ATI and nVidia cards and the only way to force v-sync is through in game settings.

So, my question is, will Black Shark (or future DCS units) have this as setting? I find if the game I play doesn't have v-sync as an option Vista is a big no-no.

No longer active in DCS...

Hey Groove... from what I experienced over the weekend when I installed Vista 64 bit and 32 bit, the v-sync did not work in LockOn. I tried Catalyst 8.3 as well 8.2 both no go... AA and AF did work but not v-sync, and it looks terrible.

Other things I could not get to work is my switches because the USB controller I have right now is not suported in Vista. Lluckily I found controller from the same guy with updated chip that is suported in Vista... when I replace it switches will work in Vista as well, leaving my only worry this v-sync.

Oh and also, I don't know why but sounds are very crap in LockOn under Vista. Some engine/distortion sounds are on all the time even with engines off when you are on the ground.

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

* Thread has been cleaned up to remove the OT. Sorry if you lost some post(s) in there, but we need to remember the idea behind this thread is product information access. If you really feel a post of yours should be 'revived', feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

camouflages

What camouflages will be available for the BS? Best would be to see them... :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

gen

Hi guys,

I have questions about the weather. In real life there are different visibilities face to face to the sun and with sun behind me. It can be hard in mornings, late afternoons in a shiny and snowy/hazy weather: visibility can be 2-300 m or less. After a 180 degree turn it can be 10-12 kms. It is typical in helo-like low levels, maybe at LOFC's 4-5000 m altitudes it ain't a factor. Will it be modelled, I think in the next engine?

THX!

• Like 1

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Sorry if this was asked previously but 25 pages…, lol.;)

My impression is that the DCS component as flyable will be separate to the game engine. Some might buy the KA-50, some might just want the A10 and so on. Myself, I intend to buy everything, but anyhow, that’s beside the point. I have a question.

When BS does come out, down the road if the game engine does gets upgraded due to technology demand or due to implement new flyable and features.

Besides the add-on of the flyable itself, will they get the upgraded game engine and new features for free to stay in conformity with the version pack?

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Sorry if this was asked previously but 25 pages…, lol.;)

My impression is that the DCS component as flyable will be separate to the game engine. Some might buy the KA-50, some might just want the A10 and so on. Myself, I intend to buy everything, but anyhow, that’s beside the point. I have a question.

When BS does come out, down the road if the game engine does gets upgraded due to technology demand or due to implement new flyable and features.

Besides the add-on of the flyable itself, will they get the upgraded game engine and new features for free to stay in conformity with the version pack?

From the DCS Black Shark press release:

Q: How will multiplayer compatibility be ensured between players with different DCS modules?

A: The base DCS simulation environment will be continually upgraded and improved with release of new modules. However, as each new DCS base version is released, all DCS users can upgrade to the same base version to ensure compatibility. The only difference between players would be the selection of what aircraft would be player-controllable versus AI-controlled according to which modules were purchased.