FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE HUGE FPS IMPACT

dimitriov

So. Don't ask me why.

I went from 60 to 10 after this update. I tried drivers, nvidia cache, meta-shaders and fxo without any result.

So bad new for you all :

I uninstalled the game. Removed entirely the saved games folder.

Reinstalled the game.

I then tried on the exact same miz : I'm around 45-50 now.

So not a nice solution to hear, but at least it worked for me. Good luck.

Nicolas

Is it possible that you used to have "wake turbulences" enabled, and that after total new installation you have actually this option disabled ?

If so try to enable it again to compare FPS.

In several missions with enough air units, running absolutely normally in 2.5.5 with "wake turbulences" enabled, FPS are now strongly impacted on my side, due to "wake turbulences".

I now have it disabled in 2.5.6 and these missions run like before.

If no relation to this just disregard, it's just something that came to mind.

Glad you sorted out.

So. Don't ask me why.

I went from 60 to 10 after this update. I tried drivers, nvidia cache, meta-shaders and fxo without any result.

So bad new for you all :

I uninstalled the game. Removed entirely the saved games folder.

Reinstalled the game.

I then tried on the exact same miz : I'm around 45-50 now.

So not a nice solution to hear, but at least it worked for me. Good luck.

Nicolas

I think it was the Saved Games folder. It was the same for me. But without reinstallation. I don't know what it was. Some kind of setting or a plugin (Tacview/viacom). I think I've been carrying that folder around with me since 2016.

But the performance is still not good in 2.5.6. (less FPS and sometimes big stutters), when there is a lot going on in the mission. But 2.5.5. runs better than ever:thumbup:

Edited by Cornelius

I have had this one bizarre anomaly during a KA50 single player campaign mission where I start getting 10-15 fps for a few minutes, was about to quit the game but then it cleared up and hasn't happened again. I haven't really noticed an overall drop in performance with 2.5.6, maybe just lucky. I'm running in 1080 with 2x MSAA and 1.5x SSAO, trees and grass default, pretty much everything on, except that one thing SSLR? I think is off. 3600x and 2060s, i get overall between 35-70fps depending on situation. Occasionally on a fly by or something I'll see momentary drops to as low as 25, but in the cockpit it never gets slow enough to bother me.

Well the new lighting is suppose to take more of a hit because it looks better, but I guess not that much.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Uh, Oh!

Renaming "DCS.openbeta" in Saved Games is sufficient. No need to delete it!:)

Could you please explain? :helpsmilie:

Do I understand correctly, that if I rename something in my DCS saved games, that would help me get better framerates?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Do I understand correctly, that if I rename something in my DCS saved games, that would help me get better framerates?

No - it was suggested to avoid loosing lots of stuff during a reinstall/partial reinstall that someone may have but could possible reintroduce later.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Hi Guys , SSLR was the cause of my lower performance in 2.5.6 , ... enabling it nearly halves my FPS 90+ down to 50's . ( running HIGH+ settings @ 1440p )

( i7 9700K , RTX2080 ,32gb ram )

:(

It's most definitely not the only cause. I never had SSLR on and still my framerate is crushed. But I'm confident that ED finds a solution :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

This is how most of the people understand quantum mechanics :D

Renaming a file in most of the time will make it "invisible" for DCS. DCS will create another file and if anything goes wrong you always have a backup file under a different name.

S!

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds