[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Air to Ground missiles

Dannyvandelft

To your first question, no due date has been given for Mavericks or HARMs.

To your second question, I would never attack a SAM site with the Viper in its current state. All it has are bombs, so you’d get shot out of the sky. Best chance you’d have would be an extreme low level attack with any sort of weapon, but it would sure be dangerous.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

4-8 months from now. Priorities for ED are clear: at the first stage do most boring things like INS alignment and weapons at the end

Side question, what do you like to use to attack SAM sites with currently in the Viper's arsenal?

Switch to F18

I'd rather throw rocks from the Viper than fly that ugly POS lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Heh than enjoy throwing rocks. Otherwise you might have actually gained some appreciation for this bird if you gave it a chance.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Priorities for ED are clear: at the first stage do most boring things like INS alignment and weapons at the end

Makes sense to integrate weapons that need INS data after the INS is done. You wouldn't be able to do much with smart weapons right now because the Viper doesn't even have a SPI yet. You can only drop on a waypoint or steer the waypoint with the TGP.

All the things you say are "boring" are actually prerequisites for smart weapons.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I would agressively attack a SAM site with the Viper in its current state. All it has are bombs, so you’d get shot out of the sky if you're complacent. Best chance you’d have would be an extreme low level attack with any sort of weapon, but it would sure be fun.

FTFY

Load up with 10 CBU97 and embark on a suicide mission.

Doing hardcore early 80s style iron hand in a viper, I would not take ten CBU's. You don't want to be heavy when dodging SAMs. Two or four CBU's, dropped in pairs. Maybe a couple rocket pods when feeling ballsy. But mostly shotgunning some CBU-99 (that's the rockeye IIRC) on those fokkers then GTFO like a cat with its tail on fire.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

I'd rather throw rocks from the Viper than fly that ugly POS lol.

Same here but unfortunately this is what ED is forcing

Makes sense to integrate weapons that need INS data after the INS is done. You wouldn't be able to do much with smart weapons right now because the Viper doesn't even have a SPI yet. You can only drop on a waypoint or steer the waypoint with the TGP.

All the things you say are "boring" are actually prerequisites for smart weapons.

eh, recent updates didnt introduced INS, they just provided great changes like need of coord confirmation..

Anyway changelogs are full of great things like:

Removed OFF label from the TACAN knob

Input for DL switch and MAP switch

New open canopy sound

For sure so many prerequisites for smart weapons :)

Wu70 your saltiness towards ED isn't called for.

They are currently working integrating a proper SPI system which will allow multiple sensors to all be slaved to the same point. This doesn't currently exist in the Viper and our current system is a fudge to give us some functionality. This will be required to be working correctly before any smart or standoff weapons will be possible. It's being worked on currently, It's not in the change logs because it's not finished. Your dissection of the change logs don't prove anything about what big aspects of the Viper ED are working on in the background. We all want "fun' stuff and not "boring" things as you put it. But certain systems are required to be in place before ED can get to the fun stuff.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

They could do bore mode Mavericks without any SPI

Ssssshhh...logic will not be tolerated in this forum!

Is sorta like if you are CCRP with the pod and move the target point - you are subsequently screwed for the rest of the mission if you need to ref that SP, as your SP is now permanently moved also.

Clearly just 'saving' all your SP's co-ordinates in the sim at mission start, and having the option to re-position them all back to the default mission-start locations mid-mission, by perhaps pressing a MFD button, that could be labelled CZ for shits and giggles, until SPI stuff is done - is too difficult :music_whistling:

But I digress lol.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]