Strike aircraft (what would you like to see?)

Avimimus

Strike aircraft (what would you like to see?)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Strike aircraft (what would you like to see?)

• Su-24
    • Su-30
    • Tornado IDS
    • AC-130
    • F-15E
    • F-111

Out of curiosity, if you had your own firm and were given permission to produce a spin off of DCS:BS, which strike aircraft would you like to see?

These are the last three polls. I will post the results from all ten polls in a few weeks once these figures have come in. Its been fun.

DEFINITELY the F 15E Eagle! Carries almost every weapon in the U.S arsenal, used in Gulf War 1, Allied Force, Operation Enduring Freedom etc. In U.S service till 2035. Great choice.

But can we have a really good 3d model of the Eagle? The current one isnt anywhere near as good as the Mig 29 in Lomac. Mark Styling's scale drawings (not the cover plates in the book!) at the back of Osprey books' F 15 C/ E Eagle units of Operation Iraqi Freedom) http://www.markstyling.com/f15e.htm

would make a superb basis, or see his site. Readers might recognise them from International Air Power review issues on the F15 and also articles in Combat Aircraft magazine. Alternatively looking at Aviapresses 2004 issue on the Eagle (includes F15E) would be a slightly less accurate basis. Both are vastly superior to Verlinden drawings of F15 C/ D.

It was hard to vote for just one. My cursor instantly locked onto the Strike Eagle like a magnet, but then I remembered that it was already in-progress on another High-Fidelity sim. Then I went to Su-30 (misreading it as Su-34) but I thought "No, I can't allow that thing without a Strike Eagle to balance it!" so then I thought F-111F, but thought that it was kind of old and I would rather have an F-15E anyway. After a minute of deliberation (during which I cringed at the idea of a Tornado several times) I decided to pick the Strike Eagle.

If that happens, please, PLEASE give us the Sniper XL targeting pod, that thing is the shizznit!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

Just so you know the AC-130 is hardly a strike aircraft. It's a big, slow airplane that can do a lot of damage in a relatively safe airspace. Why it's included with true strike aircraft one will never know....

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

id like to see a sepecat jaguar, it can be used in both CAS and strike role, both in uk and french versions the red side could have the mig 27 this would be very original and i dont think anybodys done a sim on these planes

the downside would they appeal to the US market ??? although i would like to see a US plane in next add ons later, they have all been done to death !!!

lets keep it original

what's good in these polls? it useless for us and for virtual pilots.

closed.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Didn't Mr.Dmut close this poll? What is it all about?

Few forum members wrote me "these was a fun chit-chat, please reopen it", so let it be.

just don't expect these polls somehow linked to ED.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Yes, it is important to emphasize.

These are my own observations and do not represent Dmut's thought or communication, but I thought I should go over them:

- I have no links to ED, I'm not even a beta tester (although I would like to be - just like everyone else).

- Actual choice of aircraft is in ED's hands and they don't even have complete control as there are real limits to the quality of information available that is required for an advanced flight model and avionics

- ED has had enough pressure and harassment and they are rightfully somewhat allergic to anything that could be misinterpreted or lead to trouble for them in the future

- The point of these polls is to give us some grounding to talk about what aircraft we most dream of seeing in some sim, some day, not to influence ED.

- I would like to add that I am pretty sure that ED is indeed somewhat interested in what we think, but that we should always keep in mind that they shouldn't be expected to act upon it. If ED isn't going to do something it is important to let things drop. This is a message we should carry to newcomers.

Anyway, Dmut allowed the polls to be reopened so long as the separation between fans and the project is kept absolutely clear.

This is something I am quite happy about as the polls had not been open four 24 hours and some time zones were over represented. It is nice to find out what everyone thinks regardless of geography as we have quite different backgrounds.

Oh, and as for the AC-130: Two people requested that it be added to the poll before the poll was posted and this was the only poll where it fit. Also, to be honest, I personally like the Su-24 and Panavia Tornado (neither modeled, ever) so I wasn't adverse to seeing a little vote splitting... :D

The Sepecat Jaguar can be found in both of the earlier light aircraft polls and I was going to include a Mirage in this version but I figured that, as a smaller aircraft, they were more appropriately classed as multi-role fighters (focusing on multi-engined two seater's for this poll).

I was going to include a Mirage in this version but I figured that, as a smaller aircraft, they were more appropriately classed as multi-role fighters (focusing on multi-engined two seater's for this poll).

I can see the reasoning behind this as the Mirage 2000D/N is a smaller aircraft than the other options in the poll but I think it is a pure strike and not a multirole aircraft. As far as I know the D/N does not support the Matra Super 530 or MICA missiles and therefore is not BVR capable (someone correct me if I am wrong). Rather it is equipped with a dedicated A-G and terrain following radar and twin INS for precise weapon delivery. Plus the Mirage 2000N is the primary nuclear strike asset of the Armée de l'air.

Tornado for me

It seems I already voted for the Tornado somewhere here. Anyway I too had the Tornado sim from DI. In fact I still have the Desert Storm add-on to it, though it can't be played without the original (anyone interested in it?). I recall the mission builder in that sim as being top notch. My second choice would be the Strike Eagle. Either one would make me happy.

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Strike Eagle of course !

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist