Help deciding on module purchase please.

truebrit

I'd like one of the more modern jets, one that is finished or very close and has lots of in game interactive tutorials. I was gonna get the F16 but I read it only has two tutorials. I already own the A-10C, FC3 and the KA-50.

:helpsmilie:

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

F-14 is amazing and I like that its older and analogue. If you want something more modern the F-18 is great. It's a much more complete experience than the F-16 and you get carrier ops. Some people are simply enamored with the F-16 though and if that's the case for you go for it. It's not bad, I just feel its not ready yet and it doesn't elicit anything more than a hearty "meh" from me.

I don't own the F-14, but from everyone I know that has it, it's amazingly done...I just don't feel interested in flying it.

The F-16 has a couple more tutorials and is very early access...The F/A-18C is a great deal right now...and the added Carrier Landings are fun. I have both the Viper and the Hornet and enjoy them both.

You might consider a WWII tail-dragger as well!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course being a True Brit it's frenchness is a barrier, but you may want to consider the Mirage 2000. It has excellent tutorials in both the Caucasus and Nevada. Also a truly wonderful campaign.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Despite a few niggles, I think the Harrier is an amazing module and well worth the money. Then you get a fast jet and helo in one package!!

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

definitely Hornet

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

What service would you prefer to fly under the usaf or sun/usmc. I myself being retired usaf prefer their jets so if you like the viper get it there are way more that 2 tutorials unless your referring to training missions then I’m not sure how many of them they are and I’m sure it varies depending on the map. If you want to do. Carrier landings then the f-18 might be you cup of tea unless you have a buddy that wants to be your wsp or vice versa. Look at the mission tutorials for each jet.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I'd highly recommend the Hornet, since it is IMO the most capable and versatile jet in DCS right now, even while it's not feature complete. But still very much mission capable, it provides a widespread range of ordonance and is a great ground pounder, ship hunter and dogfighter. Sure there are better ground pounders, dogfighters and there are other multi-role jets in DCS, but none of them provides carrier ops (wich are great fun). The only jets in DCS that can compete with the Hornet in terms of versatility are the Viper and the JF-17, but as mentioned both don't provide carrier ops, the Viper is not as polished as the Hornet and the Jeff is not even capable of air to air refueling. With the Hornet you'll get the maximum that can be packed in a single jet and with the ongoing sale at 50% off, you'll definately get the most for your money.

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

I don't have the Hornet yet since I buy only out of early access modules, but if you want a modern jet that is complete and you already own the a-10c, the most close to be finished of the modern ones is maybe the f/a-18 (despite missing some important things, the a-g radar being one of those, to be defined "finished or very close"). Maybe the Viggen is the still early access module being more close to be finished, but it's not so modern, being late 80 - early 90. The m2000, despite being out of early access, is undergoing a massive update that is still work in progress, so I do not suggest.

Edited by nessuno0505

Oh, I forgot to mention the JF-17. It also gets a solid recommendation. My Ranking would be:

1 F-14

2 F-18

3 JF-17

4 F-16

Harrier is fun but has some issues. its fine if you don't get too deep in the weeds on systems. Mirage used to be awesome but Razbam is currently upgrading it and with that some things have broken.