Eurofighter Typhoon: Pictures and Videos

Etirion

Thank you to whomever did that 😉

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 2 weeks later...

Who may missed it - last weekend the RIAT 2022 showed some great display flights with Eurofighter aircrafts from several countries:

Search YT for much more great action of this years RIAT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

15 hours ago, schmiefel said:

Who may missed it - last weekend the RIAT 2022 showed some great display flights with Eurofighter aircrafts from several countries:

Search YT for much more great action of this years RIAT.

Hmm those liveries :))

TG please 😄

• Thanks 1

image.png My beloved ❤️

https://github.com/zahnatom/dcsmods/tree/main : Oerlikon Revolvergun Mk3, Oerlikon Multi Sensor Unit and Halcon SkyKnight missile system, meh accurate and meh quality lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Il 19/7/2022 at 09:37, Zahnatom ha scritto:

Hmm those liveries :))

TG please 😄

Agree, mate (thanks for sharing that video, by the way).

AMI ones really looks nice. I have, for them, just the same wish Joyful has for those of RAF. Oh, we to have and wait see, I guess.

With best regards.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, falcon_120 said:

Some very interesting in-cockpit footage within the first minute. It's possible to see the radar display and link16 symbology.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

OTE 1C-16-1-4 (Avionics manual) contains a bunch of HUD and MFD terminology.

Spoiler

i wont link it here but it seems to be public information because its easy to find and actually being sold too

image.png My beloved ❤️

https://github.com/zahnatom/dcsmods/tree/main : Oerlikon Revolvergun Mk3, Oerlikon Multi Sensor Unit and Halcon SkyKnight missile system, meh accurate and meh quality lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got my own Eurofighter model working in Unreal. There's no flight simulation happening - it's not even actually moving - the gamepad just controls pitch and roll around a point. Control surface movement is probably excessive, and I realise the foreplanes aren't simply linked to pitch input as they are here. It was complicated enough just getting this far, and I'm pretty pleased with the amount of new stuff I've learned in the process.

Detail of the cockpit...

• Like 13

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I know this is only a very minor detail regarding the animation, but the canards of the Eurofighter are actually meant to counteract up or downwards pitch in order to keep the aircraft controllable due to its relaxed stability. 

3108-german-air-force-eurofighter-ef-200

Vapours on this aircraft are exceptionally good looking. (and i will probably end up posting something that was posted before)

image.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=da9cd8e6cb6c31c

Ian Ramsbottom

Award-Winning Picture of Eurofighter Typhoon (businessinsider.com)

2714638957_ee581ab63d_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&i

Stuart Robertson Reynolds

Eurofighter Typhoon F2 | An RAF Eurofighter Typhoon F2 at th… | Flickr

4872961928_1347ee9d29_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&i

Neil Jackson

Eurofighter Typhoon HDR | Neil Jackson | Flickr

and here's a picture with Drakens

e16ce5a63c0c87d0b98ad24f8528b9fa.jpg&f=1

Aircraft9 | poter.simon | Flickr

Edited by Zahnatom
  • Like 4

image.png My beloved ❤️

qrc56hoglq151.jpg

2777100.jpg?v=v40&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=85cc817

German IPA7 with inert Taurus KEPD 350

flight tests started in 2014

463759-Eurofighter_Typhoon-Royal_Air_For

Airbus Defence and Space

here's another one with inert Taurus missiles... but in grey! (the blue ring indicates an inert weapon)

The registration on this one (30-32) seems to suggest that its a regular production unit(and not an Instrumented Production Unit or IPA) as its part of the Jagdgeschwader 74. so maybe the integration is already done? 

Fotos.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=5dc80e94bd6e7b7

Here it is again. On this one you can see that its carrying 2 extra IRIS-T rails. I have yet to find any info about those containing chaff/flare launchers as well.

taxing-eurofighter-typhoon-3032jg74-etsn

Johann Watz

https://www.flugzeug-bild.de/bild/militaerflugzeuge~eurofighter~typhoon/8546/taxing-eurofighter-typhoon-3032jg74-etsnneuburggermany.html

this is the closest thing to a rear aspect picture that i could find but the resolution is way too low for me to tell. the rail does seem a little short though

take-off-eurofighter-typhoon-3032jg74-et

Johann Watz

Take-Off, Eurofighter Typhoon 30+32/JG74/ ETSN,Neuburg,Germany - Flugzeug-bild.de

germany-air-force-3075-eurofighter-14114

Kurt Greul

Germany Air Force, 30+75, Eurofighter, EF-2000 Typhoon, 25.05.2021, ETSN, Neuburg, Germany - Flugzeug-bild.de

124402484_3489013991190110_6952492890755

124570327_3489013994523443_6187286851973

Edited by Zahnatom
  • Like 1

image.png My beloved ❤️

• 1 month later...

Here's a cool video, you can see the HUD quite well.

That bar on the left is an Energy indicator. On the right of the vertical line is an arrow which shows the current AoA, Ideal AoA for highest sustained turn rate(the longer line towards the top) and ideal AoA for highest acceleration(the shorter line towards the bottom). on the left it shows current speed(long-ish line with vertical line to the left of it), ideal speed for highest sustained turn rate(the box), lowest speed for highest G(short-ish line) and a speed trend(that vertical line to the left of the current speed indication), all in between the 2 lines at the top and bottom of the vertical line which display that maximum and minimum speed

Edited by Zahnatom
  • Like 2

image.png My beloved ❤️

On 1/28/2023 at 8:54 AM, Zahnatom said:

Here's a cool video, you can see the HUD quite well.

That bar on the left is an Energy indicator. On the right of the vertical line is an arrow which shows the current AoA, Ideal AoA for highest sustained turn rate(the longer line towards the top) and ideal AoA for highest acceleration(the shorter line towards the bottom). on the left it shows current speed(long-ish line with vertical line to the left of it), ideal speed for highest sustained turn rate(the box), lowest speed for highest G(short-ish line) and a speed trend(that vertical line to the left of the current speed indication), all in between the 2 lines at the top and bottom of the vertical line which display that maximum and minimum speed

see posting: Posted September 24, 2022

• 4 weeks later...
  • Like 3

image.png My beloved ❤️