FW190D9 can't dogfight.

Snapage

So the devs intentionally borked all German planes and made all Allied A/C unrealistically capable? LMAO :lol: This same BS whine (and a vice-versa version of it as well) is as old as combat sims themselves, and as garbage here and now as always. So c'mon whiners, pleeze, we've heard that bleat before, so go change that damn record because you scratched it in 1995 already :lol:

Triggered?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Not in the slightest. I'm just laughing at ya because I've heard this same old cretinous whine countless times before, and it's as idiotic now as it has always been. And never mind if you're flying Red or Blue, because it's always the OTHER guy who's got the advantage due to the devs being on HIS side. F*n-A riiiight :lol:

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Not in the slightest. I'm just laughing at ya because I've heard this same old cretinous whine countless times before, and it's as idiotic now as it has always been. And never mind if you're flying Red or Blue, because it's always the OTHER guy who's got the advantage due to the devs being on HIS side. F*n-A riiiight
First, you should be banned for this kind of language and ad hominem attacks. Secondly, when two people say you're drunk, you should go to sleep.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Not in the slightest. I'm just laughing at ya because I've heard this same old cretinous whine countless times before, and it's as idiotic now as it has always been. And never mind if you're flying Red or Blue, because it's always the OTHER guy who's got the advantage due to the devs being on HIS side. F*n-A riiiight :lol:

Lookie here triggered boy!

Specs:

Settings:

Oh, I see it's actually YOU who got triggered. So sorry about that. :D

Oh, and please by all means do read up on ad hominem so you know what it means. My comment was aimed at you as a group repeating those same old biased opinions - Red or Blue, it doesn't matter - but definitely not at any individual, and I never attacked anyone personally, and much less their personal attributes. So would you please read up on it and get back to me?

PS. And incidentally - unlike you, I never insulted anyone personally by calling them "boy" or by any other pejorative. So please, do read up on ad hominem since you clearly cannot even tell when you're practicing it yourself.

Edited by msalama

Will repost here what I did on the video:

Mustang has always been faster than the Dora down low. Maybe just more people are learning how to make that happen. I have raced the Mustang in DCS since 2013. The Mustang has not gotten any faster on the tracks I have raced on for years now. In order for it to be faster than the Dora, it has to be managed. Clean up the drag, manually control the coolant radiator, trim, RPM settings, etc..

Will repost here what I did on the video:

Mustang has always been faster than the Dora down low. Maybe just more people are learning how to make that happen. I have raced the Mustang in DCS since 2013. The Mustang has not gotten any faster on the tracks I have raced on for years now. In order for it to be faster than the Dora, it has to be managed. Clean up the drag, manually control the coolant radiator, trim, RPM settings, etc..

..and with a lot of holes in it being lighter, sure. Dora WAS faster @SL with MW50 engaged as IRL. But not anymore, in DCS.

Specs:

Settings:

Now are we talking failed damage model? Which we know is a thing that they are working on to improve, or some supposed buff to the Mustangs speed/performance which I evaluate constantly for my racing performance and have not noticed any??

You said it was faster? I have yet to see the Dora get up to 330 knots at sea level without a dive. Mustang has had that capability since 2014 when I first started paying attention to its top speed. Again, no dive in, from take off, no higher than 200 ft, accelerate and maintain 330 knots. no winds. Best I have seen in the Dora was 325.

Thanks Shahdoh for the explanation about the vid. And mind you all, I'll defend LW crates against such BS as above just as vehemently as well, because the principle of the claim of the devs being biased against X/Y/Z since they're "clearly" or "obviously" A/B/C is equally laughable in any case.

Edited by msalama

You said it was faster? I have yet to see the Dora get up to 330 knots at sea level without a dive. Mustang has had that capability since 2014 when I first started paying attention to its top speed. Again, no dive in, from take off, no higher than 200 ft, accelerate and maintain 330 knots. no winds. Best I have seen in the Dora was 325.

I'm talking about real life data here. Bf 109 K-4 was faster than the P51D and the Dora was faster than P51D. And it was like that till a couple years ago when something definitely changed. I have many hours of online playing on ACG, Burning Skies, Buddy Spike, now LFDM and I know what I'm talking about. You can also check my stats on those server. And these opinion are not only mine. I brought hard evidence here.

As you can see in the video Dora can do 620km/h ~350knot. P51D was never capable of these speeds @ SL. It can do 368MPH that is ~590km/h and that's it. As you can see in the video it can go up and down up and down without losing energy which is nowhere near reality. It WAS not capable of doing those 'tricks' a couple of years ago. Beefed up FM..? I think so, with hard evidence.

Specs:

Settings:

Yes, you can pull Real life data and that I will not argue. But I am telling you, in DCS, the Mustang has been faster than the Dora for years, IF managed properly. I have my own hard evidence to back it up as well, and can tell you, the Mustang has not seen a speed increase in all those years.

Also, watch your own video again, you got up to 620 kph on the dive in. but, after flying level in the chase, it backed off to under 600 kph. Only with lowering the nose and descending did it get back up to maybe 610 but then would drop off again once you leveled.

Edit again: And this matches speed comparison tests I have done for years versus the 2 aircraft IN DCS.

Edited by Shahdoh

Also, watch your own video again, you got up to 620 kph on the dive in. but, after flying level in the chase, it backed off to under 600 kph. Only with lowering the nose and descending did it get back up to maybe 610 but then would drop off again once you leveled.

Edit again: And this matches speed comparison tests I have done for years versus the 2 aircraft IN DCS.

False, watch it again carefully. Dora's speed doesn't drop below 600km/h unless it climbs. And nevertheless it should and MUST catch up the Mustang quite easily, according to the RL data. Ot used to be like that but not anymore. Rtfm! Read the documentation, that is.

Specs:

Settings:

OK. Show me the exact chase from >2 years ago and I'll believe you.

Specs:

Settings:

Well, ya got me there didnt ya. Obviously I cant not exactly reproduce your chase, let alone have it from 2 years ago.

Though I do have a racing community that can all vouch for what I say and for how long I have been racing. I hosted a racing series in 2015 and a small handful of other pilots were capable of getting the Mustang up to 330 knots in the flat. But, there is no video of those tests and of course tracks don't work that many versions ago and have long been deleted. So, you can continue to not believe me. That is your choice. But I have no reason to lie here. The speed of the Mustang has been what it is for years.

We obviously come at this from different perspectives. You from the combat role and mine from racing. I only spoke up because you "sensed" a performance increase in the Mustang. And I am only saying that performance capability has been there all along. My times and the speeds I achieve are the same as they have been.

Believe it or not.....

Yes, you can pull Real life data and that I will not argue. But I am telling you, in DCS, the Mustang has been faster than the Dora for years, IF managed properly. I have my own hard evidence to back it up as well, and can tell you, the Mustang has not seen a speed increase in all those years.

that the P51 is faster in lvl flight than the D9 in reality.

how is it in DCS do you have different altitude tested at top speed?

Edited by Hobel

that the P51 is faster in lvl flight than the D9 in reality.

how is it in DCS do you have different heights tested at top speed?

I believe that did not translate well. If you mean, how have I attained higher top speeds. It is by minimizing the drag created by the coolant radiator. You can close it down a bit (but not completely) and run hotter temps without breaking the engine. Also, by reducing the RPM to about 2700, the pitch will increase, better utilizing the 67 MP you can get with WEP on.

I did notice in the RL specs at sea level, they showed that they ran at only 60 MP, 3000 RPM and the doors were 5 inches open for coolant and I think wide open for the oil coolant. If in DCS those settings were used, the speeds would be comparable.

In the racing settings above, its possible, yet fragile. Probably why many do not choose to use them in combat. It would be for emergency escapes only.

Also, these settings only work at sea level, the higher you go, the less the drag from the coolant door matters and RPM needs to be 3000.

Now are we talking failed damage model? Which we know is a thing that they are working on to improve, or some supposed buff to the Mustangs speed/performance which I evaluate constantly for my racing performance and have not noticed any??

Yeah that does certainly exhibit how bad our damage model is. I took half a Mustangs wing off tonight and it was still able to fly perfectly. Last night I saw a spit fighting a 109 while being on fire with no problems.

I believe that did not translate well. If you mean, how have I attained higher top speeds. It is by minimizing the drag created by the coolant radiator. You can close it down a bit (but not completely) and run hotter temps without breaking the engine. Also, by reducing the RPM to about 2700, the pitch will increase, better utilizing the 67 MP you can get with WEP on.

I did notice in the RL specs at sea level, they showed that they ran at only 60 MP, 3000 RPM and the doors were 5 inches open for coolant and I think wide open for the oil coolant. If in DCS those settings were used, the speeds would be comparable.

In the racing settings above, its possible, yet fragile. Probably why many do not choose to use them in combat. It would be for emergency escapes only.

Also, these settings only work at sea level, the higher you go, the less the drag from the coolant door matters and RPM needs to be 3000.

Should be in the bug section this 'exploit' of yours:

Specs:

Settings:

Exploit? Manipulating the controls available to the pilot. How is that an exploit?
Because you get to the speeds that were not achieved in RL. And probably defy the laws of physics by doing so.

Specs:

Settings:

We do not know WHY they did not apply settings like I have in RL. And I have no need to explain it either. I am only using what DCS has given me. If they choose to change it, so be it.

I have never claimed them as accurate, only what it is and has been in DCS.

On top of that, yes, the settings are not the BOOK settings, the book is safe, keep the thing running for a long period of time, standard. Those settings are pushing the engine to the edge, you know, like they do in racing...

Edited by Shahdoh

Because you get to the speeds that were not achieved in RL

What source do you get this from?

Should be in the bug section this 'exploit' of yours:

DCS actually modells the speed indicator error at high speeds

And here it is, to be exact, 380 mph

Edited by Hobel